ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 01-04-13, 02:43 AM
Forum Guru

starry is a jewel in the roughstarry is a jewel in the roughstarry is a jewel in the rough
Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Well the pharmacy said they couldn't do anything, so I'm stuck with the crappy Sandoz pills for the next few months. I didn't bother calling my doctor about it. The pharmacy said that he probably wouldn't be able to do anything about it either.

These Sandoz ones not only feel like 5mg to me and wear off within an hour or so but the worst effect is that they are making me feel extremely anti-social, depressed, a strange feeling of hopelessness and a state of silent panic (a feeling like something horrible is about to happen). It also makes my head feel pressure and heavy, causing headaches. Especially in my forehead and the back and top of my head. Very strange. Never felt anything like this before on the Teva or Shire. Other than these side effects, I feel nothing else. No difference in heart beat rate. And my blood pressure is normal as always. A tiny improvement in focusing, but still feeling tired when I take it. I can take a nap in the middle of the day on these.....not good! I need to be productive during the day, not lazy and unmotivated.
I still have some Teva's left over, so I take one some days and the difference is like night and day between the Sandoz and Teva.
On Teva, I feel NORMAL again! How I miss that feeling! Back to being a social person and in a good mood, focused and productive...getting things done.
I really dislike the heavy, dark cloud that Sandoz brings upon me. Whatever it is that they put in this, really doesn't agree with the chemistry of my brain.
I doubt that my doctor will agree that there's a huge difference in the chemical make up of different generics. The pharmacist was sympathetic though and said that some people prefer certain generics over others, while others do not notice any difference between them. I don't know, how they don't to be honest.
All I can say is, I miss Teva..... sigh. Gonna be a long few months.
Old 01-04-13, 08:12 AM

Sinco54 is on a distinguished road

A Google search led me here. Wow what a wealth of great first hand experiences from patients with real unbiased and non-altererial motives here.. I feel very fortunate to have found this community.. anyhow.. I'm a 33 year old man well 33 until the 15 of this month anyhow lol.. I've been on adderll 20's for just about 8 months, I've always filled at walgreens and always got peach colored oval sweet tasting pills, this last fill they gave me pink round ones you I've since identified as corepharma. Wow, what garbage those are, nasty headaches, I had to take up to 5 at one time to get and "effects" and they just feel "dirty" Tue come down sucks.. I won't fill again with these terrible terrible generic drug. Guess I'll be on The hunt for the peach oval ones.. also, have any other males experienced a massive amount in increase of ejaculate while on this med.. I seem to have a massive quantity of pre ejaculate along with a high ( too too high) increase in stamina during sexual intercourse. It was novel at first but my wife doesn't find it amusing anymore.. sorry if this is the wrong place for that question and hopefully I can provide some helpful insight back to the community with my experiences. Please forgive bad grammar/punctuation I'm postong from my phone.. thank you..

Mike..
Old 01-08-13, 06:17 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about
Question Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

When I first started Adderall, it was the Barr version (back in 2008)
I remember that after about 4mo, my pharmacy switched over to
Corepharma, which I found --very-- weak.

However, this last month I received the Corepharma brand, and
it was commensurate with that of Barr, and I thought, even better.

Perhaps they have improved their quality?
The Following User Says Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
starry (01-10-13)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-13, 10:09 AM
Jr Member

Modulus is on a distinguished road

I've been on adderall ir for almost a year, and I'm currently taking 25mg twice a day. But the last month or so it's been making me kind of tired, and just really mellow. Focus and concentration is good, but I think it's not as good as it used to be due to me feeling tired. I always get the teva generic, corepharma didn't work as well as teva. I was just curious if anyone else experienced this? And there's been no change in diet, and I do not take any other medications. Perhaps try a different generic?
Old 03-05-13, 11:52 PM

PreMedADHD72 is on a distinguished road

I have been on adderall for almost 10 years now-- used to just take it a few times per week but now take it almost every day. I am prescribed the Sandoz 20mg IR and I find that my tolerance is going up. I now have to take 30mg initially and then a 10mg booster a few hours later-- I am worried that I am taking too much and that this will have negative side effects long-term. I already find that I am getting some of the common annoying side effects and it lasts only a few hours now.

Is there another generic company that works better for most people in terms of lasting longer and fewer side effects ? I've always just taken what the pharmacy gave me but I want to try another brand. Do I just tell the pharmacy to fill my prescription with the desired generic brand next time I get a prescription?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-06-13, 08:14 AM
Jr Member

Modulus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreMedADHD72 View Post
I have been on adderall for almost 10 years now-- used to just take it a few times per week but now take it almost every day. I am prescribed the Sandoz 20mg IR and I find that my tolerance is going up. I now have to take 30mg initially and then a 10mg booster a few hours later-- I am worried that I am taking too much and that this will have negative side effects long-term. I already find that I am getting some of the common annoying side effects and it lasts only a few hours now.

Is there another generic company that works better for most people in terms of lasting longer and fewer side effects ? I've always just taken what the pharmacy gave me but I want to try another brand. Do I just tell the pharmacy to fill my prescription with the desired generic brand next time I get a prescription?

Thanks in advance.
Teva seems to last longer for me, compared to Corepharma. I always ask what generic the pharmacy carry, and tell them I only want Teva (I usually call the pharmacy about this, so I avoid driving to several pharmacies in case they are out of Teva). You have the right to choose what generic you want to get (unless if your prescreption specifies a certain generic brand).
The Following User Says Thank You to Modulus For This Useful Post:
wonderboy (08-24-16)
Old 03-12-13, 10:41 AM

lhaygood26 is on a distinguished road

I am prescribed adderall xr 10 mg capsules. I want the 10 mg orange tablet, Anyone know what brand it is?
Old 03-24-13, 08:51 AM
Jr Member

Rams88 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhaygood26 View Post
I am prescribed adderall xr 10 mg capsules. I want the 10 mg orange tablet, Anyone know what brand it is?
Years ago it used to be Teva or Shire, no telling these days
Old 04-22-13, 10:48 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,031 Times in 556 Posts
Twiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to behold

I start Adderall IR tomorrow. I got the Barr 20mg tablets today.

Rx= Nothing. Can't due to medical reasons.

Past Rx= Vyvanse 30mg (6/13/14), Adderall 15mg 1/7/14, Medical Marijuana, Smokeless Tobacco, Adderall IR 25mg 4/23/13, Dexedrine IR 20mg, Ritalin IR 60mg.
Old 05-09-13, 09:03 PM

johnsinger is on a distinguished road
Angry What pharmacy chains carry Corepharma or Eon, now that Walgreens doesn't?

I've spent the last two weeks running around San Francisco, trying to get my prescription filled. It specifies Corepharma only, since Barr makes me too sleepy. I called several branches of Walgreens today, since my usual pharmacist told me that the less busy branches may have it in stock. A pharmacy assistant at one of the stores assured me that they had it in stock, so dropped what I was doing, took a bus up to that store, dropped off my prescription, and came home to a message from the pharmacist asking me to call the store. It turns out that they do not have Corepharma in stock. I'm sick of this!! I started taking this medication because I had NO LIFE at all, I could not function, and I was suicidal because of it. Adderall gave me my life back, but now I'm spending the tiny bit of free, functional time I have running around trying to get my prescription filled. Some stores refused to give me the information over the phone. I am on a very tight schedule and budget. So can anyone tell me what pharmacy chains are more likely to carry Corepharma, or Eon (whatever it's called now)? Anything but Barr.

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-11-13, 01:08 AM

DTN107 is on a distinguished road

If you are a student at your university then check with your student health center.

Turns out the one at mine and some of my friends around North Carolina has EON brand.
Old 05-21-13, 01:55 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Twiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to beholdTwiggy is a splendid one to behold

I got the CorePharma generic yesterday at my pharmacy. Today is my first day of taking it. I took 10mg at 8:00AM today and didn't notice any side effects as of yet.

Last month I had Barr generic. I will post an update later on what I noticed between the two generics.

Past Rx= Vyvanse 30mg (6/13/14), Adderall 15mg 1/7/14, Medical Marijuana, Smokeless Tobacco, Adderall IR 25mg 4/23/13, Dexedrine IR 20mg, Ritalin IR 60mg.
Old 05-23-13, 11:20 AM

fuzzytwinkee is on a distinguished road

I was recently diagnosed 2 months ago and have been taking generic 5mg/1 day at first then to 2x a day then after telling dr I feel no better he raised it to 10mg 2x/day. I do notice a slight increase in clarity and ability to concentrate and find my words now but feel I may finally be onto something if it were a little stronger. I was beginning to lose hope that adderall was going to work for me at all. After reading all the posts on generic vs name brand I decided maybe this is the cause so I decided to splurge and ask the pharm for name brand no generic this time and the price went from 5.00 to 79.80 for 60 pills BUT I could def notice a difference! As long as I can afford it I am going to try to get the name brand. I am going to ask my dr next week if he can write it necc. so maybe ins. will pay for more of the script. Def worth it if u can afford name brand!
The Following User Says Thank You to fuzzytwinkee For This Useful Post:
Abi (05-23-13)
Old 05-23-13, 01:36 PM
Forum ADDvocate

To me, the CorePharma generic is way more smoother than the Barr/Teva generic.
I don't feel it kick in, which reminds me of Dexedrine IR.

Today I took 15mg in the morning (9:50AM) to see if I notice anything more from CorePharma.

Old 08-02-13, 07:51 PM

zaccc1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry View Post
Well the pharmacy said they couldn't do anything, so I'm stuck with the crappy Sandoz pills for the next few months. I didn't bother calling my doctor about it. The pharmacy said that he probably wouldn't be able to do anything about it either.

These Sandoz ones not only feel like 5mg to me and wear off within an hour or so but the worst effect is that they are making me feel extremely anti-social, depressed, a strange feeling of hopelessness and a state of silent panic (a feeling like something horrible is about to happen). It also makes my head feel pressure and heavy, causing headaches. Especially in my forehead and the back and top of my head. Very strange. Never felt anything like this before on the Teva or Shire. Other than these side effects, I feel nothing else. No difference in heart beat rate. And my blood pressure is normal as always. A tiny improvement in focusing, but still feeling tired when I take it. I can take a nap in the middle of the day on these.....not good! I need to be productive during the day, not lazy and unmotivated.
I still have some Teva's left over, so I take one some days and the difference is like night and day between the Sandoz and Teva.
On Teva, I feel NORMAL again! How I miss that feeling! Back to being a social person and in a good mood, focused and productive...getting things done.
I really dislike the heavy, dark cloud that Sandoz brings upon me. Whatever it is that they put in this, really doesn't agree with the chemistry of my brain.
I doubt that my doctor will agree that there's a huge difference in the chemical make up of different generics. The pharmacist was sympathetic though and said that some people prefer certain generics over others, while others do not notice any difference between them. I don't know, how they don't to be honest.
All I can say is, I miss Teva..... sigh. Gonna be a long few months.
That's weird. I just went from 2 years of Sandoz/Eon to my first pill of Teva after recently moving states. Same doses for both, 20mg and 15mg IR. However, with the Teva I feel nothing. The Sandoz I felt were very effective.