ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Desoxyn
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Desoxyn methamphetamine hydrochloride (also known as desoxyephedrine)

Old 06-16-18, 08:23 AM
Contributor

baical will become famous soon enough
is Desoxyn usually prescribe as "Desoxyn" or its generic name?

My new Dr. doesn't seem to know what Desoxyn is, but if I mention it's methamphetamine, I'm sure he'll freak out as I'm sure the people at the pharmacy as well. So to anyone here who have gotten prescribed Desoxyn, is it usually "Desoxyn" written on the prescription or another name?
Old 06-16-18, 11:14 AM

ImaADHDGuy is on a distinguished road
Re: is Desoxyn usually prescribe as "Desoxyn" or its generic name?

Your doctor and/or your pharmacist are more educated (even if they don't know this name brand) on medications than the average Joe who will just think of a meth head. It's a pharmaceutical for a reason, and if it's right for you, they will handle it just like any other medication without any freak out.
The Following User Says Thank You to ImaADHDGuy For This Useful Post:
baical (07-24-18)
Old 06-16-18, 11:42 PM

b3nault is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by baical View Post
My new Dr. doesn't seem to know what Desoxyn is, but if I mention it's methamphetamine, I'm sure he'll freak out as I'm sure the people at the pharmacy as well. So to anyone here who have gotten prescribed Desoxyn, is it usually "Desoxyn" written on the prescription or another name?
It’s always going to go by the generic/pharmacological name, “methamphetamine”. Even if filling an Rx for the Brand Desoxyn, it will still also be listed by pharmacological name on the Rx bottle too. At least mine is and has been for both generic and name brand.
The Following User Says Thank You to b3nault For This Useful Post:
baical (07-13-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-18, 10:43 PM
Contributor

My Dr. seem to have come out of the Adderall era. He seemed eager to put me on it. I bet he's never heard of Evekeo, either. You'll be surprised how many of these doctors I've seen are under the rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3nault View Post
It’s always going to go by the generic/pharmacological name, “methamphetamine”. Even if filling an Rx for the Brand Desoxyn, it will still also be listed by pharmacological name on the Rx bottle too. At least mine is and has been for both generic and name brand.
Old 07-24-18, 10:26 AM
Contributor

most newbie pharmacist assistant types always gave me a strange look even with a "dextroamphetamine" prescription.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaADHDGuy View Post
Your doctor and/or your pharmacist are more educated (even if they don't know this name brand) on medications than the average Joe who will just think of a meth head. It's a pharmaceutical for a reason, and if it's right for you, they will handle it just like any other medication without any freak out.