ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Primary & Secondary Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Primary & Secondary Education This forum is for parents to discuss issues related to their children's education and AD/HD.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-17, 10:15 PM
Jr Member

dihard is on a distinguished road
Newly diagnosed 11 year old

My son has always struggled with school but this year has been exceptionally tough. He started middle school. Currently he is missing over 50 assignments in math alone. I knew it was going to be a rough year right away and started talking to the counselor. It took this long to get a meeting for his 504. I have so many questions and concerns... I try to do homework with him or encourage him to do it but he just shuts down with the mention of homework. All the anger comes out at that time and we get no where. I have a tutor for him but that only helps one day a week. So some questions...
1. What accommodations does he need (looking at the article from this site but have bit read it yet. Meeting coming soon)
2. Math teacher told him today that he will have lunch detention for more than 5 missing assignments. ( he has 50+ so this means daily detention). This seems so wrong to me. Any thoughts?
3. He was stated on concerta but refuses to take it. Any input?

I am a single mom and I am trying so hard but damn this is draining.

Tricia