ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 12-15-13, 05:35 AM
ADDvanced Member

1000koni has much to be proud of1000koni has much to be proud of1000koni has much to be proud of1000koni has much to be proud of1000koni has much to be proud of1000koni has much to be proud of1000koni has much to be proud of1000koni has much to be proud of1000koni has much to be proud of1000koni has much to be proud of
how long can you beat a dead horse?

BFIF is one of my fav. anacronyms Before I forget., I forget what someone is telling me while they are telling me, what I wanted to say when I talk, writing slows me down a little bit and I get into the flow. Sometimes.

The horse symbol keeps showing up in my life. Today, the dead horse., beating the dead horse., and like this the ADD story, I want to get down to the gritty details about my ADD life, even the ones I feel a lot of shame over, and then finish the book, and get on to writing a new story. Like my ancestors who were very good at talking about all things unimportant, I tend to never quite get around to finishing the ADD story nor writing a new one. The mind set of self-cancellation.

Nevertheless, I happened upon a desire. That I want to write a story about ADD, maybe about my ADD., but without the ADD words and the typical going nowhwere fast story line. And it has to have a hefty chunk of connection, desire, redemption and hope. yeah, yeah, I know stuff from a foreign land, how to write about stuff you've never quite experienced? bc w/o this there is no point in reading it, it would just be boring. Bc I want to give it to my daughter, maybe a present, as she has lost her autonomy kind of and I don't see her, and I think she suffers from ADD stuff, but not only this.

So BFIF, I want to stop beating the dead horse, write my ADD story so I can get around to writing other stories. And also write a story (mine?)w/o this so anyone can connect to this, identify with this, where all this ADD stuff is there, but it's in the background even if its in the foreground, bc its really about life. And I want to give this to my daughter, bc there is not much else I can do for her right now. And I want to put this out to you guys, to hold me accountable ... I know it's my expedition, but you too are "in the story"