ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > ADDiction & Substance Abuse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-19, 03:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,277 Times in 964 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation
Re: The vaping hysteria

Herbalism is no joke.

I wonder about some herbal substances that could be okay to vape, but others toxic when vaporized?

Different methods of extraction using chemicals could also be more harmful, than some other methods of extraction?

I think it is smart to limit vaping to nicotine and cannabis, from a harm reduction perspective, until these other flavors/substances are proven to be safe.

If I understand correctly many vaping illnesses have been linked to a substance that is toxic when vaped?

Quote:
Federal public health investigators on Friday announced a breakthrough in identifying the cause of an outbreak of lung disease associated with vaping that has sickened more than 2,000 people and killed 39 in the United States this year.
Vitamin E acetate — an oily supplement that’s commonly sold in capsules or added to skin creams and other cosmetic products — was found in samples taken from the lungs of 29 patients who were diagnosed with the vaping-associated illness, including two people who died, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
The additive previously had been found in THC products vaped by people who had fallen ill. But the new report is the first to identify a specific finding in patients’ lungs that could be causing the illness. It’s possible that other substances could also play a role, and CDC officials said they need more studies to prove that vitamin E acetate is causing illness. But the findings are “significant,” said Dr. Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the CDC.
http://www.sfchronicle.com/health/ar...s-14820749.php

m

Last edited by mildadhd; 11-30-19 at 04:10 AM..
Old 11-30-19, 12:47 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,036 Times in 12,617 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The vaping hysteria

My granddaughter's boyfriend has given up vaping and is now using nicotine
toothpicks. My concern is that they could be like chewing tobacco and cause
mouth and throat cancer.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me