ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-12, 01:59 AM
ADDvanced Member

Liuka2012 has a spectacular aura aboutLiuka2012 has a spectacular aura about
I feel useless

I don't know why but I feel like I am being really useless this week. I feel like no one wants to be around mean. It sucks. I also want to get thing's d done around my house but I have no ambition to do it. Than I had a seizure today. So my parent's told me to lay down and relax. Which I don't want to because I have my two kids to wory about.

I have hear my sisters say to each other that they thinkg I am a lazy good for nothing mooching off my parents. Which I am not. I buy my own groceries and I also paid my parent's electric bill everymonth. I also help pick up around the house all the time.

I guess this is why I feel really down. Man I don't know why. I'm not really depressed. Just sad. But, I know it will pass.
sarek (09-17-12)
Old 09-17-12, 02:05 AM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,795 Times in 8,905 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation
Re: I feel useless

((((Hugs))))

It sounds like your body is also trying to tell you to let yourself be okay with slowing down.

May it pass quickly.

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
Old 09-17-12, 02:10 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 30,826 Times in 14,174 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

i feel useless most of time. It sucks. I think a lot of my depression is based on feeling useless and worthless. I can only tell you what others have told me: you are not useless. You are doing, i assume, the best you can. Don't listen to anyone telling you that you are useless. They only see your output. What they don't see is the huge effort and struggle that goes into even the smallest output and also our mistakes and failures. I get told a lot how useless i am too. Mainly by my husband during arguments. It hurts like hell even more so because i secretly agree with him. But what he really means i think is not that I'm useless but that he would like to see me contribute more in a particular area. Big difference to being useless through and through. Anyway don't listen to others and don't let them get you down. I don't know wh i hope you feel better soon. Huge hugs.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
amberwillow (09-17-12), PI-ADHD 29 (10-10-20), sarek (09-17-12), Unmanagable (09-17-12)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-12, 02:13 AM

Thanked 6,262 Times in 2,930 Posts
Drewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond reputeDrewbacca has a reputation beyond repute

I always feel crappy on Sunday night, because I can't help to feel sorry that I didn't get as much work done as I'd like to... I may not even sleep tonight, cause I just have so much work that needs to be done. I'm not getting off topic, I feel physically sick because of the anxiety. *sigh* Like you said, I know it will pass. But for now, it sucks.
*hugs*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewbacca For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-17-12), Unmanagable (09-17-12)
Old 09-17-12, 02:13 AM
Forum Guru

MX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud ofMX2012 has much to be proud of

Liuka, there are many idealized ideas of what life is supposed to be like. For instance, it is hard to reconcile the idea of the of the unconditional love of family and then to have to deal with misconceptions and prejudices from your family. I know, I have not only been there, I see it in among my family members.

Learning to stand up for yourself is also hard but, when you do help around the house, make sure that you make a positive statement like "Hi, Mom, did you get the electric bill, yet. I will pay it for you." Make a similar statement each and every time you do something. The statement functions as a verbal and visual reminder to those who hear and see you do something for your mother. It's harder to refute.

You are going through many stressful events. Go easy on yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to MX2012 For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (09-17-12)
Old 09-17-12, 05:36 AM

Thanked 7,912 Times in 4,072 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

The day I have a seizure I have such low motivation and energy and am just really easily agitated. I don't even realise I'm going to have a seizure and get confused by this sudden moodiness and tiredness. And then it all makes sense, especially when I start seeing flashing lights and tingling all over.

I'm not sure if it's the same for you. But seizures can leave me feeling drained, emotionless, unable to move.

If it's temporal lobe epilepsy your emotions could be out of whack so I wouldn't trust your feelings until it subsides.

If this is a more long term feeling then ignore what I said. But I've been through his many times over and it's always been because of a seizure.
The Following User Says Thank You to fracturedstory For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (09-17-12)
Old 09-17-12, 06:25 PM

Thanked 12,116 Times in 6,281 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

now now just take a deep breathe we all like you here
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (09-17-12)
Old 10-10-20, 07:41 AM
ADDvanced Member

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road

I feel useless almost every time but for last few months it's so extreme.
I feel myself worthless, fool, unproductive, unmotivated...
Because of these feelings my sleep efficiency is terrible. I don't feel myself refreshed in mornings. My appetite has decreased, i can't enjoy what i eat. i've lost 3-4 kg.
I feel just a little better when i take ritalin. I feel some focus effect but can't study satisfactorily due to lack of motivation. And because of that i feel like i wasted ritalin. Also i feel myself guilty because most people don't take any stimulant but i need. And that makes me more sad. This is a vicious circle.
I don't know if i'm really useless or i feel so just because of my anxiety and depression.
Started with ritalin (worked only for two weeks)
Also tried wellbutrin and strattera
Now: ritalin and medikinet
For about three years local corticosteroid pomades for atopic dermatitis.
Old 10-15-20, 05:17 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 33,384 Times in 15,480 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think you are worthless. Can you elaborate?

I carried a watermelon?