ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-19, 11:35 AM
Forummarm

Thanked 8,236 Times in 2,592 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you have troubles in group situations?

This absolutely is based on where I am with my mood. There are times I'm out-going and engaging in a crowd and other times I just want to be left alone. I will say that of late I find myself experiencing the latter than the former.

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
benito (10-16-19), Little Missy (10-15-19), Rebelyell (10-18-19)
Old 10-15-19, 09:21 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 22,417 Times in 12,072 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
This absolutely is based on where I am with my mood. There are times I'm out-going and engaging in a crowd and other times I just want to be left alone. I will say that of late I find myself experiencing the latter than the former.
Yeah. Sometimes I just stare vacantly.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Andi (10-16-19)
Old 10-16-19, 03:59 AM
ADDvanced Member

benito is on a distinguished road

I am not comfortable in situations where there is a lot of noise and many people. I prefer something more intimate where I can follow the conversations and participate. Noisy places make me nervous because I can't keep up the conversations well. If I am in a restaurant (for example), I tend to pay almost the same attention to the table next to me. That baffles me. With stimulants, I can pay attention to the person who speaks to me and answer him, following the conversation, but not always.

When I was not treated with medication, I used to abuse alcohol and coffee in these situations, to find myself more calm and focused. Now, sometimes I drink alcohol in family gatherings or with friends, but I do it enjoying and not looking for an effect.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-19, 04:15 AM
ADDvanced Member

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
Yeah. Sometimes I just stare vacantly.
It has been a little over half a year since I keep my vacant expression in my workplace. It's not that I hate the job, I love it. It's just my coworkers don't let me become myself, so why bother expressing myself? Now, every time I go to work, I shutdown all my personalities.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Monox D. I-Fly For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-16-19), Rebelyell (10-18-19), stef (10-19-19)
Old 10-18-19, 09:52 AM

Thanked 11,538 Times in 6,098 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sick of my co workers ,I go to work and am beyond frustrated I have just shut down n resigned myself anymore...if you say Good morning etc I'll answer but I'm not going out of my way to try to fit in or fight to get you to work etc..I'm not wanting to be around negative toxic 2 faced people anymore anywhere for that matter..and God knows there's plenty of these miserable hags everywhere.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (10-18-19), stef (10-19-19)
Old 10-19-19, 02:48 AM
ADDvanced Member

Monox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura aboutMonox D. I-Fly has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
if you say Good morning etc I'll answer but I'm not going out of my way to try to fit in or fight to get you to work etc..
Yep, me too. As long as I'm answering, people would know that I'm not isolated in my own world and still reacting to the environment.
Old 10-19-19, 02:56 AM
ADDvanced Member

benito is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelyell View Post
I'm so sick of my co workers ,I go to work and am beyond frustrated I have just shut down n resigned myself anymore...if you say Good morning etc I'll answer but I'm not going out of my way to try to fit in or fight to get you to work etc..I'm not wanting to be around negative toxic 2 faced people anymore anywhere for that matter..and God knows there's plenty of these miserable hags everywhere.
I think that the relationship at work has to be good, or at least try. We spend too much time at work so that if we are wrong with it that affects the rest of our lives. I have learned to get along with everyone, there are always some with who you have more affinity than others, but usually I try to be fine. That helps me make my life better.
Old 10-23-19, 04:02 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Traveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to allTraveler5 is a name known to all

"Do you have troubles in group situations?"

Yes!

I get very anxious and uncomfortable in group settings. I call it social anxiety but I don't know for sure if that's what it's really called.

I don't pay attention during conversations. Not even when I talk to myself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Traveler5 For This Useful Post:
Rebelyell (10-24-19)
Old 10-24-19, 08:05 AM

Thanked 11,538 Times in 6,098 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Yes cause alot of times it starts off good and eventually I end up wanting to kick someone's ***