ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Inattentive ADD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Inattentive ADD A forum set aside for the the discussion of inattention and inattentive ADD

Old 11-04-19, 01:17 PM
ADDvanced Member

PI-ADHD 29 is on a distinguished road
Remembering exam questions?

When i have an exam I forget exam quetions and my answers too quickly no matter if i passed or not. During exam, mostly i can remember the answer if i already knew.
Is that familiar to you? Is there anyone like me?
Started with ritalin (worked only for two weeks)
Also tried wellbutrin and strattera
Now: ritalin and medikinet
For about three years local corticosteroid pomades for atopic dermatitis.
The Following User Says Thank You to PI-ADHD 29 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-05-19)
Old 11-05-19, 05:12 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,215 Times in 2,936 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Remembering exam questions?

Im not sure what you mean here. If I read you right you are concerned that you cant remember the exam questions and your answers AFTER the exam is over.
Am I correct?
If I am, why would you want to do that- the exam is already over.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-05-19), Little Missy (11-05-19)
Old 11-05-19, 05:42 PM

LULADD is on a distinguished road

My ADD son is like you, doesn’t remember the questions , he has memory issues because of his ADD.
But for me as anon ADHD person, I do remember questions from the test, depending on the length of the test and the number of the questions.
The Following User Says Thank You to LULADD For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-05-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-19, 10:38 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,391 Times in 7,843 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI-ADHD 29 View Post
When i have an exam I forget exam quetions and my answers too quickly no matter if i passed or not. During exam, mostly i can remember the answer if i already knew.
Is that familiar to you? Is there anyone like me?
I was just like you and still am without meds. My issue was usually from not paying attention or really grasping the material in class. Usually, daydreaming or trying to carry on with others made learning very limited for me. I made it through school by pulling all-nighters studying the night or two before exams.

Unfortunately, I stored just enough in my short term memory to get by. Literally, hours after some exams, I couldn’t remember 10% of what I had just memorized and regurgitated back onto paper. After that, my brain is spent and those short term memories quickly and completely disappear.

It’s a shame because I’ve lost a lifetime of information.

All, I remember is all the fun and exciting times and very little content from my university degree and education. Well, at least, I do have very vivid memories of lots of good times and those are still priceless to me.
Old 11-06-19, 01:39 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunga Dorji View Post
Im not sure what you mean here. If I read you right you are concerned that you cant remember the exam questions and your answers AFTER the exam is over.
Am I correct?
If I am, why would you want to do that- the exam is already over.
Yes you are correct. Sometimes my friends ask me what were the questions, what was i asked.And i feel stupid, embrassed because i cannot remember most of questions. Sometimes a few hours after exam we critise about exam and i can remember questions hardly.
Old 11-06-19, 02:31 AM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound1 View Post
My issue was usually from not paying attention or really grasping the material in class.
I also couldn't pay attention in class. So i had to study from books myself. I learned very few things in class.