ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-19, 01:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,140 Times in 2,806 Posts
Stevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond reputeStevuke79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What are your hobbies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
I'm still totally obsessed with yo-yoing.
It's been 6 months since I jumped back in now...though I haven't practiced much in the past 2 months due to an unexpected trip to go see my dad for a few weeks, then various medical issues.

But here's 2 tricks I've been creating and working on. I keep adding to the tricks as I learn new elements.

And I've gone SUPER overboard on buying yo-yos...

Hell yeah brother! Beautiful stuff!

This planet is now property of the Sontaran Empire. Surrender your women and intellectuals. -Commander Strax
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stevuke79 For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-04-19), psychopathetic (11-04-19)
Old 11-04-19, 07:31 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,391 Times in 7,843 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm still totally obsessed with yo-yoing.
It's been 6 months since I jumped back in now...though I haven't practiced much in the past 2 months due to an unexpected trip to go see my dad for a few weeks, then various medical issues.

But here's 2 tricks I've been creating and working on. I keep adding to the tricks as I learn new elements.

And I've gone SUPER overboard on buying yo-yos...

Psych-yoyo that’s amazing!

Dude, you need a job with Duncan or join their team. This is you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
The Duncan® Team is an elite team of world class yo-yo players. Both up-and-comers and living legends, world champions and soon-to-be champions, they represent many of the world's best. They inspire, test and improve every product we make.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-04-19)
Old 11-04-19, 10:40 PM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 16,095 Times in 7,986 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

haha the thing is...is the stuff I'm working on in today's yoyo world is all pretty simple stuff. Some of the stuff people are capable of with yo-yos these days is mind bending.
It's like the stuff I'm doing might be impressive to those who have no idea what modern yoing is all about...but to those who are in the hobby, it's really nothing impressive at all.

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (11-04-19)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-19, 10:57 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 16,391 Times in 7,843 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
haha the thing is...is the stuff I'm working on in today's yoyo world is all pretty simple stuff. Some of the stuff people are capable of with yo-yos these days is mind bending.
It's like the stuff I'm doing might be impressive to those who have no idea what modern yoing is all about...but to those who are in the hobby, it's really nothing impressive at all.
I gotcha, I’m a dinosaur, I know.

40 years ago, you would’ve been the man is apparently, what I’m sayin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-05-19)
Old 11-05-19, 05:09 AM

Thanked 6,215 Times in 2,936 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute

Hobbies?
Entomology (I used to catch butterflies, now I just snap them).

That leads into environmentalist (you cant have these lovely creatures without an environment).

Then musician (Ive not done that much later)
and "observer of Mind"- the faculty that observes and participates in all this.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kunga Dorji For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-05-19)
Old 11-06-19, 04:15 PM

Thanked 4,182 Times in 2,160 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunga Dorji View Post
Hobbies?
Entomology (I used to catch butterflies, now I just snap them).

That leads into environmentalist (you cant have these lovely creatures without an environment).

Then musician (Ive not done that much later)
and "observer of Mind"- the faculty that observes and participates in all this.
Interesting hobbies. What do you do in your "environmentalist" hobby? I've been wanting to do some volunteer work but I frankly get bored easily so have already quit doing what I last volunteered to do. Looking for something new and with global warming being such a serious problem, that would be an area I'd like to so something in. Although I'll have to say, I feel like we are beyond the point of no return already so no matter what we do, if we don't find a way to take CO2 out of the air in a practical way, we are screwed (though I guess our other efforts can buy us more time).
The Following User Says Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-07-19)
Old 11-06-19, 04:32 PM

Thanked 4,182 Times in 2,160 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Impressive yo-yoing psycho! I thought of you a couple days ago. I was playing poker at a table with about 5 other people in virtual reality. That game has toys you can play with at the same time as when you are sitting at the table playing poker.

One toy was a yo-yo and when I saw it, I immediately thought of you. So, I picked up the virtual yo-yo and tried to do a trick with it. Failed.

That said, the biggest trick you can do with a yo-yo right now in that VR game is just roll it down, let it sit there spinning at the bottom for a while until you pull it back up (so probably not considered a trick at all). The tech just isn't there yet. It feels really realistic to roll the yo-yo up in down in VR (to me anyway, to you probably not) but the intricate figure moves you have to do with other tricks from what I see in your video, can't be done with the current controllers we have.

Maybe someday we'll all see each other in VR (I think it'll become as widespread as the internet someday) and you can teach us all how to yo-yo properly. As you can see I'm still very passionate about my VR hobby.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acdc01 For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (11-07-19), stef (11-06-19)