ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-18, 02:59 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,109 Times in 13,166 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: More than 50% of these posts are not ADD/ADHD related

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd_ View Post
How long do you intend on seeing a therapist?

The only thing I've learned from seeing a therapist is no different than talking with a man of the cloth, both sects teach that you're eternally broken as a person and only they can provide you with the wisdom and answers you need in life, IMHO you can learn more from the homeless guy in the alleyway or the elderly lady at the nursing home than these people with pieces of paper placed inside a nice display case on the wall,

I'm so sorry to hear you had these experiences.
And it can happen! my dear friend went to therapy and the Dr ( i do not know if he was a psychiatrist or psychologist) "maintained" her in therapy and well there was this very weird reverse attachment thing, and when she said she felt she wa ready to end therapy, he burst into tears.

And yes, we can learn a lot from the people we cross in everyday situations along our path through life.

my psychiatrist is excellent and diagnosis and treatment (adhd meds) have shown me that I am NOT broken. I have never been in any kind of abusive relationship but now my relationships overall are much healthier.

I hope everyone here who seeks help, whether from psy, counselors, clergy etc, has positive results that help them grow and overcome their struggles
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (10-18-18), Greyhound1 (10-22-18), lisariver (10-18-18), Lunacie (10-18-18), namazu (10-18-18)