ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Relationships & Social Issues
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Relationships & Social Issues This forum is for adults with AD/HD to discuss how AD/HD affects personal relationships.

Old 11-01-09, 07:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,033 Times in 612 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Love ADD learning disabilities and respect

I am totally in love and have found the perfect woman for me.She doesn't see me as a person with learning disabilities. I am very fortunate that way. As a matter fact I am the one who is looking at my disabilities harder now than I ever have. I think it's because in my forty five years I haven't found anything I really am good at. I like doing a lot of different things but because of of my limited ability I just can't grasp the whole concept. For example doing a brake job on a car.I look look at the diagrams read the steps but because of my memory and coordination I just can't do it.
I am a vey caring, sentive peroson, and i like to treat people the way I want to be treated. I hate being disrespected and called dumb and retarded espically in the work place.
My girlfriends loves me so much, and I love her with all my heart.I have known her for a few years and we are best friends. She has some physical disabilties, but I don't see them. One day we are gonna get married.I am so affraid of doing something to mess things up. Thats the way my luck goes. We have promised one another that if we run into problems that we wouuld go see a marriga cunsler together. She works to jobs and doesn't have Add.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Andrea715 (07-28-10), Crazygirl79 (11-01-09), ilovemusic (03-16-11), Layla771 (07-28-10), Rebelyell (03-16-11), tinywiney (11-02-09), tired1823 (03-23-11), ToadysFroggy (12-19-09)
Old 11-01-09, 07:47 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,112 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Love ADD learning disabilities and respect

Wow!! I'm so glad to have read something so positive on here for a change!!

I'm happy that you have found such a nice partner for yourself, you both deserve one another and I hope it works out for you!!

Reading this gives me hope that I too will someone who loves me fo who I am and I'm sure others on here will hang onto hope or get newfound hope for this too.

Thanks.
Selena
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Crazygirl79 For This Useful Post:
Andrea715 (07-28-10), Layla771 (07-28-10), Rebelyell (03-16-11)
Old 11-02-09, 01:24 AM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

I have some things to be happy about. I just wish I would of started to deal wirth my adhd and other learning disabilties before now. Thet know so much more about these things now a days. Back when I was born their wasn't many resorces or places to go for help.Sometimes I feel so alone and helpless.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (11-02-09), tinywiney (11-02-09)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-09, 02:59 AM

Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any support groups in your area??

Selena
Old 11-02-09, 10:36 AM

I don't know, Dover is very small city.
Old 11-02-09, 02:25 PM
ADDvanced Member

The Absent Mind will become famous soon enough

Congratulations! Love is great.

I wouldn't be so hard on yourself. I think that sometimes when things seem hard it can be easy to believe them impossible. I don't think they really are though. We just need to look at things differently than most people, that's all.

What works for the average Joe, learning-wise, might not work for people with ADHD. Because of this we are often labeled young and convinced that we are dumb. This should be a criminal offense in my opinion.

From what I've read of your post, you seem smart and capable to me. I think that perhaps you just need convincing that you aren't dumb at all. In fact, you probably have abilities that most people don't.

When you go to do something, forget what 'they' thought you. Feel free; release your mental animal on the problem and do it your own way. It is probably better than theirs. Really.
Crazygirl79 (11-04-09), tinywiney (11-02-09)
Old 11-04-09, 08:40 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,018 Times in 583 Posts
Asylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud ofAsylum has much to be proud of

That's wonderful!

Now stop worrying, and go buy her some flowers!
Andrea715 (07-28-10), Crazygirl79 (11-04-09), ginniebean (06-09-10)
Old 11-04-09, 07:03 PM

Good advice Asylum!

Selena
Old 11-07-09, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum View Post
That's wonderful!

Now stop worrying, and go buy her some flowers!
I buy her roses every black Friday. If I can get my Fiances strightened I'll be fine
Old 12-12-09, 02:22 PM

Life for me has gotten better. My mom is helping me with my credit card debt. My girl friend is really being understanging. It helps to get things out in the open. It's like a breath of fresh air.
Peace, Love and I hope everone has a great holiday season
Old 12-12-09, 06:44 PM

It sounds like things get better for you by the minute for you Excel. Thats awesome it really is!!
Old 12-12-09, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazygirl79 View Post
It sounds like things get better for you by the minute for you Excel. Thats awesome it really is!!
I hope it continues to get better. I sse the doctor on the 22nd of this month. I think I am going to give the adhd medicine a chance. My aniexty has been higher and I have been depressed lately. At least now, I have a chane to get things under control.
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (12-13-09)
Old 12-13-09, 11:07 AM

Stories like this give me hope!
Old 12-13-09, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazygirl79 View Post
Stories like this give me hope!
I am glad that you have some hope
The Following User Says Thank You to excel For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (12-13-09)
Old 12-13-09, 03:42 PM

Always repspect the ones you love. You will be a happier person