ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Medications for Co-Existing Conditions > Anti-Depressants
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-14, 05:32 AM

ADD369 is on a distinguished road
Cool Effexor vs Wellbutrin in combination with Ritalin. 3 Questions, Please help!

I'm on 2x30 mg Ritalin LA for the past 6 months. (ADHD-Inattentive)
As well as Zoloft 50-100mg for the past 9 years. (The only SSRI I have tried.)

I want to switch Zoloft to either Effexor or Wellbutrin since Zoloft does not work for my "mild depression" Dysthymia.

My general questions are:
1. Which one is the most common in combination with ritalin?
2. Which one do you think is best to try first?
3. Which one do you take?
Old 01-27-15, 02:36 AM

Re: Effexor vs Wellbutrin in combination with Ritalin. 3 Questions, Please help!

Update: Started with Wellbutrin in addition to Zoloft.
It was very successful in the beginning, more energy and better mood, but suddenly after two months I experienced very bad memory. It affected me so bad that I couldn't remember different types of words to use when communicating. I got a very bad vocabulary and felt like a confused demented person.

Now I'm on Effexor, first two weeks on 75 mg, and now on 150mg for 4 days. My depression and anxiety started to lift just recently and I feel much better. I habe better energy levels and I am more motivated in life. I really hope this medication will be successful for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to ADD369 For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (01-27-15)
Old 01-27-15, 04:45 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,860 Times in 1,180 Posts
Pilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud of
Re: Effexor vs Wellbutrin in combination with Ritalin. 3 Questions, Please help!

One thing my Psyciatrist said was that Effexor was a complicated medication.
He would prescribe Citalopram.
Wellbutrin has similar properties to Ritalin ( there to close ).
I've had Wellbutrin and like that.
Goodluck
The Following User Says Thank You to Pilgrim For This Useful Post:
ADD369 (01-29-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-15, 04:20 AM

I have social anxiety and zoloft was working very good for that, but did nothing for my depression. I am experiencing some anxiety on effexor, but im still in week 3 so have to give it some more time.

I quit the ritalin because it increased my social anxiety... I want to try Vyvanse, but my doc is very strict so I will have to wait.
Old 01-29-15, 05:58 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,860 Times in 1,180 Posts
Pilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud ofPilgrim has much to be proud of

I guess it's good to have a doctor with certain amounts of reservation, cause your reactions can be complicated.
I'm like you I would be wanting to try the Vyvanse