ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-21-18, 04:45 PM
ADDvanced Member

chris87 has a spectacular aura aboutchris87 has a spectacular aura about
Life Is Too Difficult - So Tired of Struggling

I feel like my life is too difficult, and I just want to give up. I'm so tired of struggling.

Everything is hard for me, and everything that I touch turns into a disaster. I have no motivation, and even though I want to change, I can't do it. I hardly ever look forward to starting my day, and I am never productive. I am constantly worried/nervous (health, money, future, etc). I had a stressful experience about a year ago, and it changed me somehow.

I also can't make decisions without getting extremely overwhelmed. If I have more than one option to choose from, I totally freak out. I'm so worried about making the right choice that I end up choosing nothing. Focus and concentration are almost non-existent. I'll spend more time staring at my computer screen than doing actual work. At times, I feel a strong desire to leave everything. It's like I want to move 3,000 miles away, so I can be free of my daily life.

Nothing good ever seems to happen. As an example, my car got stolen a few days ago. I feel like the timing could not have been worse, and I have no interest in dealing with it. Just the thought of having to buy a new car is an ordeal. Everything requires too much effort, even something as simple as reading a book. At some point in my life (I'm 29 now), I feel like I had potential. I don't feel that way anymore, and I don't envision myself ever being productive or successful.

Something that really bothers me is that I am always helping other people, but I can never seem to help myself. To others, I probably look like I am in complete control of my life. In reality, it's an utter mess.

In the past, I've been treated for ADHD, OCD (70% resolved), and some minor social anxiety. The medications never really did anything, and I hated taking them.

I feel like there is so much wrong that it's almost impossible to fix anything. Even the smallest tasks feel insurmountable.

Last edited by namazu; 07-21-18 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: added some paragraph breaks for easier reading
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chris87 For This Useful Post:
kwalk (07-25-18), namazu (07-21-18), PoppnNSailinMan (07-24-18)