ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Personality Disorders
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-18, 05:04 AM

benito is on a distinguished road
Re: Several disorders

I also have several dx and there is no problem,be quiet. Take the medications you need and go to therapy. Everything will be better from now on.

My meds

Morning: Vyvanse 30mg and effexor xr 150mg

night: effexor xr 150mg, lamictal 100mg, abilify 5mg, seroquel 100mg and clonazepam 0.5mg
Old 09-21-18, 10:45 AM
Jr Member

paper_flowers is on a distinguished road

I was diagnosed with BPD about ten years ago, but I really believe that I was a 19 year old kid sick of being invisible to everyone in her life and was acting out terribly. But the one thing that has stuck with me is the fear of abandonment, and I think that is attributed to my anxious attachment and my lack of self-esteem and confidence. I am super sick of feeling like this, so I got the Self Esteem Workbook written by Schiraldi. I'm still working through it, but I find it really helpful. I'm not even kidding you. If you are serious about making a change, I suggest giving it a go, as I believe it's effectiveness relies on what you put into it. Just a suggestion, and I'm sure it's only one piece of the puzzle that may help and at least provide some healing and relief. I'm really sorry that you're going through this, and I hope whatever means you go about in getting treatment gives you the relief you deserve.
Old 10-02-18, 10:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,260 Times in 5,501 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandyDW View Post
I saw the psychologist today and took two tests before I saw him.

What it came back with was:
Major depressive disorder - severe
Generalized anxiety disorder
ADHD
Borderline personality disorder
Avoidant personality disorder

I see my psychiatrist again on Thursday.

I just donít know what to do now, Iíve tried dbt and cbt therapy before.
Iíve had a history of self harm and suicide attempts.

Iím on Adderall for ADHD, I added sonata to it in order to sleep while I get used to the med, I just started it about a week ago.

Iím on lexapro for my depression and anxiety, Iíve tried other medications with it but they kept not working out either because of side effects or they just didnít work.

I have several other conditions which Iím on meds for also.

Doctors always tell me Iím a complex case which annoys me, I just want relief dang it.

Anyway any suggestions?

I have the same list, swap out borderline for social anxiety though

it doesn't really seem all that complex, in fact its a pretty common combo of issues

not sure on suggestions , just letting you know youre not alone