ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-18, 01:05 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 27,110 Times in 13,166 Posts
stef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond reputestef has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The what's bothering you RIGHT NOW thread Part V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Missy View Post
What kind Of B &J's?
omg, my mom always had to know this!
I could never just say that I went out to eat, she absolutely had to know where, and what did I order

hermus, just buy one of those little individual cups in a convenience store,never the pint...
The Following User Says Thank You to stef For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-20-18)
Old 09-20-18, 05:48 PM

Thanked 30,372 Times in 13,994 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef View Post
omg, my mom always had to know this!
I could never just say that I went out to eat, she absolutely had to know where, and what did I order

hermus, just buy one of those little individual cups in a convenience store,never the pint...
Stef it's always nice to see you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-20-18), stef (09-21-18)
Old 09-20-18, 05:52 PM

Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

I think, my mom is hypo again after being fairly depressed. I'm happy (that she isn't depressed anymore) but gosh, the incessant talking is difficult to take. Also, the constant suggestions of how I should do everything differently with fuzzling. I know she doesn't mean bad and I know she thinks the world of me but it's still so exhausting. And blatantly ignoring me when I ask her not to do something (like give fuzzling something unhealthy to eat or something I've deemed not safe or dress her up as if we are in Siberia ) is infuriating. I try to hold my tongue but it's so so hard.

Also, she does this thing every time she sees fuzzling, where she sort of Jumps up and down and screams (like in friends if anyone knows what I mean) to demonstrate her joy at seeing fuzzling and I know she genuinely is happy but it seems very contrived in its exxageratedness. I don't want to startxriticizing her behaviour (I do enough of thstalready and ironicall I criticize her for criticizing me too much) but it really drives me really up the wall especially after a long day and when I just want fuzzling to relax a bit
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-21-18), Little Missy (09-20-18), peripatetic (09-20-18), stef (09-21-18)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-18, 04:07 AM

Thanked 4,011 Times in 2,065 Posts
acdc01 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy12 View Post
. I try to hold my tongue but it's so so hard.
Personally, I would only hold your tongue in front of your kid and then speak to her in private. People will continue to step over you if you let them.

I'm having the reverse problem as you. I'm the in-law. My mom and I babysit my sisters kids. The brother-in-law has ****** my mom off and mildly annoyed me by hiding the television remote from us.

He doesn't want his kids watching TV while we are there. That would be fine if he himself upheld that standard. His kids are way too much energy and my mom and I need a quiet break for just an hour out of 8 hours a day. The TV gave us that break. Mom's ****** off because the brother-in-law uses the television to give himself a break everyday because he too can't handle long stretches with his overly energetic kids. But he won't give us that same break. And we actually spend more time than him with the kids on the days we are there.

Right now, me and my mom have solved this problem by bringing an ipad and giving it to his kids instead. We are doing this behind his back knowing full well he wouldn't approve. We also know that his son might unknowingly rat us out as he's a kid who doesn't understand keeping secrets (and probably best he doesn't)

Ideally, the best thing is just to tell brother-in-law how we need a break sometimes too and try to get him to agree that we only show the kids the TV for an hour a day. But he is a selfish man with anger management issues. He will agree to us but then take it out on my sister in private.
Old 09-21-18, 05:27 AM
Committee Member

Emre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to allEmre22 is a name known to all

Finally arrived dormitory

Very weird thing happened in plane
The guy near me asked me who did i vote for lol
I said i didnt later very hot discussion started
I was completely impulsive
Didnt think anything before it comes out my mouth
But didnt say anything disrespectful

Best part of this weird event is

parliamentarian Of my city and his wife was just sitting at left side of plane

I guess he just listened to my conversation with that man

Me against the world :P

It was really waste of time
But at least i have self respect
Stood for what i think that it is true

Air Nomad Guru Laghima

Last edited by Emre22; 09-21-18 at 05:40 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emre22 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-21-18), stef (09-21-18)
Old 09-21-18, 08:07 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 32,633 Times in 15,114 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

At the foot doctor because this keeps happening no matter what shoes I wear. I suspect it has to do with the autoimmune disease.

I carried a watermelon?
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
psychopathetic (09-21-18)
Old 09-21-18, 08:52 AM
e-(((hug))) extraordinaire!

Thanked 15,406 Times in 7,669 Posts
psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

I mean I think it's pretty clear at this point.

That's an obvious case of Giantfootacitous!!

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
lisariver (09-24-18), Lunacie (09-21-18)
Old 09-21-18, 10:26 AM
Mod-A-holic

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I know psycho I was on my phone and didnt remember to shrink it. Sorry everyone. The last thing anyone needs to see at breakfast is my giant foot.

I carried a watermelon?
psychopathetic (09-21-18)
Old 09-21-18, 11:12 AM

psychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond reputepsychopathetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
I know psycho I was on my phone and didnt remember to shrink it. Sorry everyone. The last thing anyone needs to see at breakfast is my giant foot.
hehe I hope you know I'm teasing you in pure fun .

(((((((Sweets)))))))

Does it cause pain?

What did the foot doc have to say? Is there something they can do for you?

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

Old 09-22-18, 01:20 PM

Another major argument with hubby. I hate this. I hate this tension in the house. He talks of divorce everytime we argue and every time I say do what you must. I don't think he means it. We should have split a long time ago. Now I feel like I can't do that to him and fuzzling.

Fuzzling is so stressed anyway because of the nursery. She's stopped sleeping through the night again. She doesn't even want to.play during the day. She just wants to be carried and held all the time. I'm so scared we are doing irreparable damage to her.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
acdc01 (09-24-18), anonymouslyadd (09-22-18), namazu (09-22-18), peripatetic (09-22-18), psychopathetic (09-23-18)
Old 09-23-18, 04:35 AM
Mod-A-holic

Quote:
Another major argument with hubby. I hate this. I hate this tension in the house. He talks of divorce everytime we argue and every time I say do what you must. I don't think he means it. We should have split a long time ago. Now I feel like I can't do that to him and fuzzling.

Fuzzling is so stressed anyway because of the nursery. She's stopped sleeping through the night again. She doesn't even want to.play during the day. She just wants to be carried and held all the time. I'm so scared we are doing irreparable damage to her.
If your arguments are frequent and disturbing than it is going to affect her-like it or not. I am sorry that divorce is your husbands' go-to when he is angry. its not fair to you. What about couples therapy?

I carried a watermelon?
willow129 (09-23-18)
Old 09-23-18, 06:31 AM

This may be triggering...

But for some reason, and I'm not exactly sure why...

I really feel like getting high tonight lmao. Like...WTF? I don't know where the desire is coming from.

I haven't touched drugs in like 10 years...and pot makes me SUPER paranoid and I hate the stuff..so I'm at a loss here.

No worries...I'm not going to get high. Not sure what this longing for it is all about though.

I guess I just wish I could float away for awhile and feel good. /sigh

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following User Says Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Lunacie (09-23-18)
Old 09-23-18, 06:33 AM

Quote:

omg

(((((((Fuzzy)))))))

I'm at a loss for words here.

Gawd dang it you have too much weight on your shoulders :*(

(((((((MOM)))))))
I Miss You.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psychopathetic For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-23-18), stef (09-23-18)
Old 09-23-18, 08:03 AM
Mod-A-holic

You miss your mom. There is an empty space you want to fill. To this alcoholic it makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopathetic View Post
This may be triggering...

But for some reason, and I'm not exactly sure why...

I really feel like getting high tonight lmao. Like...WTF? I don't know where the desire is coming from.

I haven't touched drugs in like 10 years...and pot makes me SUPER paranoid and I hate the stuff..so I'm at a loss here.

No worries...I'm not going to get high. Not sure what this longing for it is all about though.

I guess I just wish I could float away for awhile and feel good. /sigh

I carried a watermelon?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (09-23-18), Lunacie (09-23-18), psychopathetic (09-23-18), stef (09-23-18)
Old 09-23-18, 08:58 AM

Thanked 4,121 Times in 1,990 Posts
willow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond reputewillow129 has a reputation beyond repute

Uuuuuuuuuugh. Feeling so bummed about my job right now. Feeling second guessed and criticized, and there are aspects of this job that I was definitely and very clearly hired to do in my interview. It was very much conveyed to me how important these things were to the school and community, and it feels like I was then hired so that people could wonder and question whether or not I should even be doing those things. Jeezus.
I’m not sure I’m resiliently optimistic enough for this, but I don’t know what else I would do or where else I would go.
The cult of personality seems to loom large, a teacher before me was beloved and he was a TERRIBLE teacher. But he was a very good performer. Class was about keeping kids entertained when he was too lazy to figure out what to do next, it was about his ridiculous “units” I just can’t even, or it was about him. But the students ate it up of course, and I’m so sick of people asking if I’ve thought of trying the things that he did. I hate this. Our culture is absolutely vapid. We can’t even figure out, in our schools, what teaching looks like. There are SO many competing philosophies being tossed around especially around discipline, and it doesn’t seem like anything has actual research behind it to say that it works or not. It seems like people just jump on the thing that seems like the most fun and become ardent followers of that fad when there’s no clarity on whether or not it actually works or what the long term effects are.
Our principal apparently tells other principals that our school is a particular type of school and that we follow a particular philosophy of classroom management and school culture. That means it would be a consistent, school wide thing, that teachers are trained in that philosophy. This is my 5th year here and I only just had this explained to me. There have been no trainings. He never informed the specialist teachers of this, as far as I’m aware. Utter bs.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to willow129 For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (09-23-18), Lunacie (09-23-18), namazu (09-24-18), psychopathetic (09-23-18), stef (09-23-18)