ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > CO-EXISTING CONDITIONS > Chronic Fatigue Syndrome & Fibromyalgia
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-11, 11:15 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,029 Times in 609 Posts
excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold
Re: Tired all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibisibis View Post
have you other stresses in your life? I was like this and went to so many doctors, everything negative. It was only when my life in general was happier and I had less stress that it miraculously vanished
Maybe the anxiety takes it's toll on me and keeps me tired
Old 02-21-11, 01:32 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Bezuidenthustra is a name known to allBezuidenthustra is a name known to allBezuidenthustra is a name known to allBezuidenthustra is a name known to allBezuidenthustra is a name known to allBezuidenthustra is a name known to all

There have been a few threads about this lately. I suffer from chronic sleep problems and the resulting headaches and fatigue. Fun times!

Writer and general kook with ADHD, OCD, TS, depression, and monkey arms. I regularly blog about those things. I also write other fun stuff.
Old 02-22-11, 12:36 AM
Forum ADDvocate

sarey is a glorious beacon of lightsarey is a glorious beacon of lightsarey is a glorious beacon of lightsarey is a glorious beacon of lightsarey is a glorious beacon of light

I just wanna remind people that CFS/M.E and F.M is not just about being "tired all the time".
Common misconception, especially with CFS/M.E, but yeah, it isn't just about being "tired all the time" - actually, people with CFS/M.E wouldn't describe it as just being tired, I certainly wouldn't anyway.

I am who I am, and sweetie, your approval isn't needed, no matter how much you think it is!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-11, 05:21 AM
ADDvanced Member

Triptych is a jewel in the roughTriptych is a jewel in the roughTriptych is a jewel in the rough

Sarey - more like constant pain and crushing fatigue, if that's what you mean? It's a disability.

I tend to use hyperbole, but I don't think a phrase like "crushing fatigue" would be out of place describing CFS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel
Adderral tends to mask tiredness
Good point. Thanks.
Old 02-22-11, 05:26 AM

Thanked 1,779 Times in 1,010 Posts
Driver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by excel View Post
being tired all the time is gettin to me.need energy and i don't want to rely on caffine
If you're regularly having caffeine, try quitting it: I have way more energy since quitting caffeine.
425runner (08-29-12), Imnapl (02-25-11)
Old 02-22-11, 12:36 PM

excel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to beholdexcel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver View Post
If you're regularly having caffeine, try quitting it: I have way more energy since quitting caffeine.
I try to stay away from caffine
Old 02-23-11, 04:28 AM
Forum ADDvocate

sarey is a glorious beacon of lightsarey is a glorious beacon of lightsarey is a glorious beacon of lightsarey is a glorious beacon of lightsarey is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
Sarey - more like constant pain and crushing fatigue, if that's what you mean? It's a disability.

I tend to use hyperbole, but I don't think a phrase like "crushing fatigue" would be out of place describing CFS.

Good point. Thanks.
not sure i even understand what you mean?

im aware it is a disability, i have it.
so erm, not sure why you said that.

and theres even more to this than pain and "crushing fatigue", well, id say exhaustion to be honest, bone shatteringly so... but either way, not sure how to even explain it, but fatigue/tiredness isnt enough to explain it, it is very debilitating, and much more than just "im tired"...
thats all.
gets to me when people think they have this serious, life ruining condition because they are tired a lot.

I am who I am, and sweetie, your approval isn't needed, no matter how much you think it is!
Old 02-23-11, 05:53 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Bezuidenthustra is a name known to allBezuidenthustra is a name known to allBezuidenthustra is a name known to allBezuidenthustra is a name known to allBezuidenthustra is a name known to allBezuidenthustra is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarey View Post

and theres even more to this than pain and "crushing fatigue", well, id say exhaustion to be honest, bone shatteringly so... but either way, not sure how to even explain it, but fatigue/tiredness isnt enough to explain it, it is very debilitating, and much more than just "im tired"...
thats all.
gets to me when people think they have this serious, life ruining condition because they are tired a lot.
Triptych was agreeing with you.

Even if someone's fatigue doesn't quite fit the extremes of CFS, being constantly drained of energy, particularly because of lack of proper sleep, is still dysfunctional. I'm a little annoyed that you'd be so dismissive about it, but I do understand that hearing other people whine about not getting enough sleep every now and then would be very irritating to someone who struggles to drag herself through the day because of her debilitating fatigue.

My own sleep-related fatigue is serious, and grows more troublesome by the month. But I wouldnt call it CFS. It's not that severe. Debilitating? Yes. Life-sapping and almost all-encompassing? No.

Writer and general kook with ADHD, OCD, TS, depression, and monkey arms. I regularly blog about those things. I also write other fun stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bezuidenthustra For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (02-26-11)
Old 02-23-11, 06:23 AM

Thanked 1,156 Times in 739 Posts
NorCalAndy8 is just really niceNorCalAndy8 is just really niceNorCalAndy8 is just really niceNorCalAndy8 is just really nice

Oh gosh, I really need to change my sleeping schedule. It explains why I'm always a zombie throughout half of my day, on top of my ADD. ugh, alright time for a 20 minute power nap.
Old 02-23-11, 10:46 AM

I wake up to much at night
Old 02-23-11, 04:47 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezuidenthustra View Post
Triptych was agreeing with you.

Even if someone's fatigue doesn't quite fit the extremes of CFS, being constantly drained of energy, particularly because of lack of proper sleep, is still dysfunctional. I'm a little annoyed that you'd be so dismissive about it, but I do understand that hearing other people whine about not getting enough sleep every now and then would be very irritating to someone who struggles to drag herself through the day because of her debilitating fatigue.

My own sleep-related fatigue is serious, and grows more troublesome by the month. But I wouldnt call it CFS. It's not that severe. Debilitating? Yes. Life-sapping and almost all-encompassing? No.
be as annoyed as you want, all im saying is i hate it when people think their fatigue is caused by CFS. didnt say it wasnt serious at all, but when they assume its something as serious as cfs, that ****es me off, as well as the misconceptions that cfs is all about fatigue too.

Old 02-25-11, 03:34 AM
ADDvanced Member

Triptych is a jewel in the roughTriptych is a jewel in the roughTriptych is a jewel in the rough

I was agreeing with Sarey, or with what I thought Sarey was saying.

My point was that the diagnostic profile of CFS is more complex than the surface symptom of fatigue, the same way fibromyalgia is diagnosed after several other conditions are ruled out. I could go into detail, but that would be hijacking the thread, right?

As other disability advocates have said elsewhere, this isn't a zero-sum game. The fact that Person A has more debilitating symptoms than Person B does not mean that either person's complaints are more or less valid than the other's, or that either one is more or less deserving of help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Triptych For This Useful Post:
Lizzie80 (06-29-15)
Old 02-25-11, 07:17 AM
Forum ADDvocate

& nowhere did i say that, all i am saying is being tired more than usual does not mean it is M.E and can actually be insulting for people who are suffering with this ... no word to describe illness, it does insult me when people assume it is this because they are tired more than usual, there is a lot more to M.E than fatigue(and i wouldnt even describe it as that anyway), and you do actually need more than that symptom anyway to have M.E, its very complex.
thats all.
ill be leaving now.

Old 02-25-11, 10:39 AM

Quote:

thats all.
What are the other symptoms of cfs?
Old 02-25-11, 02:26 PM

Thanked 3,791 Times in 1,933 Posts
Imnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond reputeImnapl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
be as annoyed as you want, all im saying is i hate it when people think their fatigue is caused by CFS. didnt say it wasnt serious at all, but when they assume its something as serious as cfs, that ****es me off, as well as the misconceptions that cfs is all about fatigue too.
Sarey, would you agree that until someone has a confirmed diagnosis, and if their symptoms fit the criteria for CFS, that it would be logical to wonder if one doesn't have CFS?

Phaedrus