ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Current ADD Events & News > ADD Events
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD Events Listing of upcoming AD/HD related events such as conferences, workshops, chats, etc.

Old 09-09-05, 04:04 AM

ADDCoach4u is on a distinguished road
Free ADD Teleclass. The Imperfect Guide to Starting an ADD Support Group

Iíll be leading a free ADD teleclass on Wednesday Sept 14th at 1pm PST, 3 pm EST for ADHD Awareness Day at ADD Classes.

Http://www.addclasses.com/calendar/v...=09&cal_y=2005

Usually the teleclasses they have are paid ones, but for ADHD Awareness day they will be free, long distance charges may apply. For more information and to register or to see the other free classes theyíre offering that day and the paid teleclasses at very reasonable rates see ADD Classes. Iíll be sharing my story of how I started an Adult ADD support group, and it will be interactive class with lots of time for questions.

The topic will be, The Imperfect Guide to Starting an ADD Support Group.

Some people who might want to start an ADD support group in their area donít, because they may suffer from 2 common treatable conditions.

Credentialitis and Perfectionism. There is hope for those with both conditions.

You Donít:

You donít have to be a coach or therapist/doctor/psychologist/psychiatrist to start up an ADD support group.

You do not have to have your ADD perfectly managed at all times to start an ADD support group. Lord knows I donít.

You do not have to know everything there is to know about ADD to start an ADD support group.

You do not have to be an expert in group facilitation to start an ADD support group.

You Do:

You DO have to want to help others with ADD.

You do have to want to make a difference in their lives by bringing them together for mutual support and information so they realize theyíre not alone

You do have to be willing to listen more than you talk.

You do need to have an open mind.

You do need to have a basic understanding of ADD.

If you ever got frustrated because there was no ADD support group in your area, and no one who you could really talk to for more than 15 minutes who really knew ADD hereís your chance to do something about it. Create one. I created the Vancouver Adult ADD support group thatís affiliated with CHADD Vancouver with some other people, and Iím not perfect, and despite that, itís going pretty well.

Pete
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ADDCoach4u For This Useful Post:
Country Girl (12-19-17), sweetmusic (09-18-12)
Old 09-11-05, 08:14 PM

ADDCoach4u is on a distinguished road
Change of time now 6 pm PST, 9pm EST

Change of time to my ADD support group teleclass. It's now at 6 pm PST, 9pm EST

Pete
Old 01-09-10, 03:43 PM
Jr Member

chilidog is on a distinguished road
Re: Free ADD Teleclass. The Imperfect Guide to Starting an ADD Support Group

That is exactly why I don't start any of the things I want to do. It frustrates me to no end. That and if it's something like figuring out how to set the call up I'll just not do it b/c I don't know how. But I think I have to be perfect and everything you just said.
Sponsored Links