ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Concerta
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Concerta (methylphenidate) Time released Ritalin - 10 hour long acting tablet.

Old 04-03-11, 01:36 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Saboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to all
Concerta 27 mg...Only loss of appetite

I took concerta the last 2 days but the only thing that I have noticed so far is loss of appetite. Normally I love to eat, but now after I take it at the morning everyday (and it lasts for 12hrs) I only feel loss of appetite.
I don't feel that it helps me focus and concentrate. I just feel the same as before but the loss of appetite.

I don't really care, I only need the focus...Well do you think I should take an higher dose? such as 3x-7x?
Old 04-03-11, 03:50 PM
ADDvanced Member

Mohammed is on a distinguished road
Re: Concerta 27 mg...Only loss of appetite

I took concerta 18 2 weeks ago and it was amazing, i didn't notice the focus until the fifth day. I became very productive. i worked very hard this week, and this weekend i worked almost the whole time. My apartment got extreme makeover(cleaning/organizing), I cleaned every shoe and bag I have, organizing everything, planned assignments, and did all of my laundry.

concerta won't make you do things by it self though. You have to convince yourself that you are hardworking and the meds will help you focus. When I proved to myself that I'm hardworking, my conviction got stronger, and boring tasks became less boring.

but i'm not saying it will definitely work for you, I'm just stating my recent experience.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mohammed For This Useful Post:
Saboit (04-03-11), simplynutso (04-07-11)
Old 04-03-11, 03:55 PM

Saboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to allSaboit is a name known to all

Thank you...But I know I should feel the effect after 20 minutes.
I did not feel anything, I was distracted easily and I was not really focused...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-11, 04:10 PM

Thanked 4,741 Times in 2,560 Posts
Blueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe try Vyvanse.
Old 04-03-11, 04:14 PM

Different dose wont help?
Old 04-03-11, 04:26 PM

Thanked 4,741 Times in 2,560 Posts
Blueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond reputeBlueranne has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, yes, it may. I was just thinking of the differences between Ritalin and Adderall and how while each helps me, Adderall helps me more (no matter the mgs).

I believe Concerta is a similar compound to Ritalin and Vyvanse is like Adderall. I'm not certain though. I will be making the switch from Adderall to Vyvanse next month....
Old 05-02-11, 06:55 PM

stones is on a distinguished road

I'm actually gaining weight on Concerta,
Without it I am so tired and stressed out that I have absolutely no appetite and need to force myself to eat, while taking it I get enough relief that I can enjoy eating again.