ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Clonidine
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Clonidine (catapres)

Old 04-14-11, 03:58 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice
intuniv or tenex and taking at night or am

So , alot of people who start tenex will start the med at night in low dose and then go from there gradually upping there dose incrementally if needed. Yet if one takes intuniv you take it in the morning and hope the release of the med starts peaking at night. So my question is why even take intuniv if your basically doing the same with tenex. If you take tenex at night , obviously it's peaking and in the morning wearing off which may help not make you tired. What's the difference and why take intuniv if this is so? If guanfacine helps with sleep why would somebody take it during the day especially if they have adhd and if it does help with side effects what time would you take it to manage or eliminate the speedy feeling at peak releases ?
Old 04-19-11, 09:07 PM

canitbeADD is on a distinguished road
Re: intuniv or tenex and taking at night or am

It's my understanding that it's just the sleep-inducing effects that peak around 12 hours.
Old 04-19-11, 09:58 PM

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

How beneficial is it, my gp said alot of people get tired on iy
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-11, 10:22 PM

canitbeADD is on a distinguished road

I could only take it for two weeks and had to stop due to side-effects (as i mentioned in the other thread, weird OCD stuff, very rare i think).

I did think it was helpful though. I'm the sort of person that will try anything, unfortunately I'm running out of things to try though.
Old 04-19-11, 10:57 PM

Oh yeah I forgot you mentioned some stuff aboutnself injury. That's interesting. Not good but interesting. I don't really feel like genes really helps focus so no biggie right.
Old 04-20-11, 01:53 PM

does taking intuniv or tenex help prevent stimulant tolerance? Alot of times and namely during allergy season I feel drowsy all day long. This is where the mental meandering starts up full speed. I heard that maybe tenex or intuniv taken in combination with adhd stims could lead to less stimulant tolerance by tenex helping the person sleep and get more restfull sleep? Any truth to this?