ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Education This forum is to discuss issues related to ADD and higher education.

Old 04-22-11, 07:45 PM
Jr Member

kingsley is on a distinguished road
Generic concerta made me fail?

I'm a little bit confused about this and don't know how to explain it anyone except everyone here and my Dr.
I was concerta last year and was switched to the generic one this January. I noticed it wears out at 3pm when I take it at 9am. I went to see my Dr. about it and he tried letting the pharmacy and the insurance company give me the orignal but didn't work.
I had an exam earlier this week (particle physics) at 2pm so I tried to take the medication at 6am to review the material as I thought even if it wears out at 1pm I can write the exam since I know my stuff.
Well, it didn't go like that. I was fidgeting all over the place, stuff I know I couldn't focus to do it, my mind all over the place.......just a mess.
I couldn't believe it, I could really do everything on the exams and actually retested myself the next day.
Its a class I need for grad school and even though I'm not failing the course it really costly for my plans.
It weird and I don't know who or what to blame. Almost fell into a depression with this one, too painful.
Old 04-22-11, 10:37 PM
Contributor

Phayah has a spectacular aura aboutPhayah has a spectacular aura about
Re: Generic concerta made me fail?

It is a little disturbing that I keep hearing these things about generic versions. Are they really lacking that much in quality? I will have to ask my pdoc about this at my next appointment.
Old 04-22-11, 10:54 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,079 Times in 1,185 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future
Re: Generic concerta made me fail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phayah View Post
It is a little disturbing that I keep hearing these things about generic versions. Are they really lacking that much in quality? I will have to ask my pdoc about this at my next appointment.
It matters on what generic you take in the USA. Some generics are better than others. This is going to be only for IR medication.

There's 3 generics for Adderall IR = Sandoz, Teva/Barr, and Corepharma.
Sandoz is the smoothest one. While Teva/Barr is more speedy, but Corepharma is horrible with too many side effects.

There's 3 generics for Ritalin IR = Sandoz, Watson/Danbury, and Methylin/Mallinckrodt.
Sandoz and Watson/Danbury are a lot smoother than Methylin/Mallinckrodt.

*Generic Sandoz Ritalin IR is made by the same Pharm Company that makes the Brand Ritalin IR. The generic even uses the same tablet colors, but different markings.

There's only one generic for Dexadrine IR= Teva/Barr

There's only one generic for Focalin IR= Teva/Barr

I don't take generics made by Teva/Barr, Methylin/Mallinckrodt, or CorePharma since they give me more side effects than benefits.

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, And Multiple Phobias.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE
The Following User Says Thank You to StoicNate For This Useful Post:
Phayah (04-23-11)
Sponsored Links