ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 04-25-11, 10:47 AM

SuperFob will become famous soon enough
How long does it take for adderall to leave my system 100%?

Let's say, over the course of one day, I take one 10 mg dose of adderall, wait 6 hours, and take another 10 mg. How long would it take for the adderall to leave my system completely after I've taken the second dose?
Old 04-25-11, 11:06 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,634 Times in 738 Posts
Impromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How long does it take for adderall to leave my system 100%?

Have you looked on the informative paperwork you received when you filled you're prescription?

I_DTour
Old 04-25-11, 04:44 PM

Mmmmhmmm. The paperwork said "We don't advise you to ask other adderall users questions about this drug because they tend to give you sarcastic and useless answers in return."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SuperFob For This Useful Post:
Branded72 (08-20-13), Impromptu_DTour (04-26-11), Kaimei (04-27-11), MellyFishButt (01-23-13), War Lord (04-26-11), x6eze (04-25-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-11, 04:51 PM

corbykins is an unknown quantity at this point

its half life is somewhere around 10hours
Old 04-25-11, 09:34 PM

Addhesive is on a distinguished road

That depends on what you mean. Do you mean how long before there is no drug in your blood? Or how long before there are no detectable metabolites in your urine?
Old 04-25-11, 10:50 PM
Contributor

x6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of light

According to "Amphetamine Enantiomer Excretion Profile Following Administration of Adderall" In "Journal of Analytical Toxicology, Volume 27, Number 7, October 2003 , pp. 485-492(8)" The time to reach 500ng/ml (the point when they can't tell if their testing equipment is giving type I/II errors, as best I understand) is ~47h:30m.

If you don't know what an "ng" is (I didn't) follow this link: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=ng
  • 40mg Adderall XR (AM)
  • 30mg Adderall IR (PM)
"Change the world or go home" - Microsoft employee slogan

Last edited by x6eze; 04-25-11 at 10:52 PM.. Reason: oh I forgot to mention what an NG is
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to x6eze For This Useful Post:
Branded72 (08-20-13), SuperFob (04-25-11)
Old 04-25-11, 11:15 PM

Does adderall ever leave your system 100%? Not 99%, 99.99%, or 99.99999999999%. 100%. Is that possible? Or are you doomed to forever have at least a teency, teency, ever so small trace of adderall in your bloodstream from the moment you first take it?
Old 04-25-11, 11:35 PM
Contributor

x6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of lightx6eze is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
Does adderall ever leave your system 100%? Not 99%, 99.99%, or 99.99999999999%. 100%. Is that possible? Or are you doomed to forever have at least a teency, teency, ever so small trace of adderall in your bloodstream from the moment you first take it?
*chuckles*
It can but it is the law of diminishing returns. It takes more and more time to eliminate less and less.

Look up Radiocarbon dating for an idea on how long it takes for some things to leave your body.
  • 40mg Adderall XR (AM)
  • 30mg Adderall IR (PM)
The Following User Says Thank You to x6eze For This Useful Post:
Branded72 (08-20-13)
Old 04-26-11, 01:58 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,634 Times in 738 Posts
Impromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFob View Post
Mmmmhmmm. The paperwork said "We don't advise you to ask other adderall users questions about this drug because they tend to give you sarcastic and useless answers in return."
Funny guy

No to be clear we get alot of people who waltz to the forum here looking for info on how to take the drugs we need illegally.. strickly for the purpose of getting high.

So when you asked your question the first thing that popped in my head was "someones on probation, for amphetamine related drug charges.. "

So if your not one of these people.. with the whole "how best to take the adderall to get higher" questions.. and the "how long do amphetamines stay in my system".. then.. i apologize.

However if you are.

Then truely sir.. **** off.

Its because of people like that, which is why people who actually need these meds, cant get them.

So.. tryin to pass a drug test?

I_DTour
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Impromptu_DTour For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (04-26-11), Surly Dave (04-26-11), tipoo (04-26-11), x6eze (04-26-11)
Old 04-26-11, 01:44 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

PedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Lord View Post
Ignore the guy above me.

You don't need amphetamine to exit your system 100%. In fact it would take a month to take it all out, down to the last molecule.
Sorry, gotta bust out the chemist in me. I promise I am not attempting to attack you, I am just anal about things like this being as it is my profession (well materials science chemsit but the wifey is an analytical biochemist and a damn good one so I have learned quite a bit from her).

Just to be clear, you will likely NEVER get the last molecule out. At that level you have SOOO many things in your blood stream that you have never even actively consumed but have picked up from your interactions with the environmental. You likely have a few molecules of cocaine in your blood stream coming from your handling money. You likely have a variety of toxins and what not at the few atoms/molecules level just from environmental exposure. Uranium and plutonium? Yep, everyone does from airborne fallout from weapons testing in the 60s. Opiates? Yep from eatting anything with poppy seeds. Keep in mind these are so drastically below the threshold of toxicity (let alone detection) that they are of NO issue. Just saying that once you get below the detectability threshold often times there are no adverse affects. This is actually an issue now in environmental chemistry. Laws in the 60,70s and 80s were written to state toxic substance X should not be detectable. The reason being detection methods were such that they tended to be right at or just below the toxicity level. Modern detection methods are often so sensitive they can detect levels that are more or less non-existent (there is a better way to word this but I can't think of it right now) but the laws are such that these levels are in violation.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PedroDaGr8 For This Useful Post:
Chiquitita (05-18-14), War Lord (04-27-11)
Old 04-26-11, 06:33 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

PedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of light

That is all fine and dandy but you forgot one crucial fact. Half-life is ONLY applicable when treating a statistical population. When the number of atoms decreases to a certain point, the statistical probability of the sample not following the half-life begins growing rapidly. This is because the population is getting small enough that it is beginning to no longer behave like a population and instead is becoming a chaotic system. This is a physical fact. This is why you can't predict when one atom is going to decay. It is chaotic but when taken as a population of 10 of billions of billions of atoms you see the half-life effect.

You mention serial dilutions. Serial dilutions are done on scales where there are still 10^11-14 atoms/molecules (pico-nanomoles). These samples are still large enough to behave as a statistical population. My guess is getting down into the femtomolar or attomolar range you start getting chaotic influences in which things like concentration vary greatly between samples prepared. Never had to make a femtomolar serial dilution and definitely not an attomolar serial dilution.

Now if you want to consider 10^11 molecules essentially zero, I am fine with that because that is an obscenely low amount. That being said OP asked not for 99.9999999....% but 100%. Which is why I gave the answer I did.

Plus, I am no master in biochemistry. Just someone who has absorbed a lot vicariously. My space is inorganic and materials science.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PedroDaGr8 For This Useful Post:
War Lord (04-27-11), x6eze (04-26-11)
Old 04-26-11, 08:37 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,469 Times in 779 Posts
tipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant futuretipoo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impromptu_DTour View Post
So if your not one of these people.. with the whole "how best to take the adderall to get higher" questions.. and the "how long do amphetamines stay in my system".. then.. i apologize.

I have to agree with this post. The OP has already made some threads that were deleted about how to ensure the adderal high doesn't go away due to tolorance, and when it was explained to him that it depends on the person he got angry for no one giving the impossible definate response. Combine the quesiton about getting high with this thread, and it seems clear this is not for legal medical purposes.
Old 04-26-11, 09:29 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impromptu_DTour View Post
However if you are.

Then truely sir.. **** off.

Well done sir.

However I would also direct anybody with drug abuse problems, or drug law problems to goto this website: www.leap.cc So we can make an attempt at preventing them from coming here in the future.
  • 40mg Adderall XR (AM)
  • 30mg Adderall IR (PM)
Old 04-27-11, 12:59 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Lord View Post
No you can apply it to all sample sizes. It's just gona be much less accurate for small samples. What you're saying is if I have 10^23 unstable Uranium isotopes I can apply half life but not if I have 100 atoms? How is that any different? The 100 atoms are also unstable and will be gone too according to the same rule. Yes the 100 atoms behave more chaotically in the sense that 33 may pop at a time, then nothing for 5 seconds, then 5 more etc so it doesn't follow half life. And? It doesn't make the 100 atoms stable...

What you're saying doesn't agree with mass balance. If I have 100 molecules of amphetamine in 1mL and I pick 0.5mL, I'll have on average 50 molecules so the amount went down from 100 to 50 so by diluting in series you could series dilute a solution down to 1 molecule, it's just that you can't measure it. Google nanotechnology. People can control matter at atomic level, they actually wrote the IBM trademark with atoms on a flat surface. There's no chaos, we can control it.
OK, first off I got side tracked a bit when dealing with half-lives and radioactive decay. I am not in the least bit implyign that it makes them stable. What I am saying is that it makes them completely unpredictable. The probability that it will not follow the half-life equation (either faster or slower) basically gets closer and closer to 1 the fewer number of atoms you have. So you could have one atom that lasts eons, it still isn't stable but it just hasn't decayed yet. Similarly, it could decay in a few ms, that doesn't mean that half-life is not applicable.

As for the molecular removal issue, at the lower concentrations half-life does not apply but for different reasons. It isn't a decay process that is an issue here but instead a statistical molecular location type of process. Considering the size of the human body (volume) and the amount of material excreted by the kidneys at any one time and considering that the molecule has to flow through the kidneys AND be in the fraction that is excreted. The probability of getting that last molecule out becomes VERY VERY low.

Similarly, in the serial dilutions when you reach the lowest levels, the probability of splitting the fraction that contains 2 molecules in to two that contain 1 molecule each is around 50% at best (assuming equal volumes are used, if only a fraction is taken this number drops rapidly). For example, if you take 1/10 and transfer it, there is less than a 10% chance that you end up at 1:1.

As for nanotech, I work in the nanotech industry. Materials Science = nanotechnology. I make CdSe (and other materials) based quantum dots and guess what, our dots follow a lorentzian distribution. You mention the moving of atoms. Atomic movement is NOT a statistical process, location is to some degree, especially when you get near the Heisenberg limit but not at larger distances. Manipulation of single atoms has NEVER been an issue otherwise chemistry wouldn't exist. it is just that certain processes follow statistical means and certain ones follow more direct observable means.
The Following User Says Thank You to PedroDaGr8 For This Useful Post:
War Lord (04-27-11)
Old 04-27-11, 01:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

excel is a name known to allexcel is a name known to allexcel is a name known to allexcel is a name known to allexcel is a name known to allexcel is a name known to all

Why worry about it if you are taking stimulantes legally