ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Strattera
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Strattera (Atomoxetine HCI)

Old 05-10-11, 11:38 AM
ADDvanced Member

seamstress will become famous soon enough
Kratom as an alternative to straterra

I have been taking 20 mg of straterra and it has allowed me to focus well on several tasks. Straterra has helped marvelously with my brain fog. On straterra, I'm able to focus in a way that I never have before and I am able to multitask for the first time!=)However, straterra has a slow, downstream effect on dopamine, so it hasn't helped me with my motivation problems as much.

Also, straterra is a synthetic drug and I was searching for a "natural" alternative. So, I did some research and found a herb called kratom. This herb only acts on the brain for 3 hours, but it helped me focus just as well as straterra! This herb is not under control by North American, Australian or European governments. It is grown in thailand and it has been outlawed there, because some thailanders have abused it! However, kratom has mild stimulant properties when used properly. And, unlike straterra, kratom has helped me with my motivation problems (yay!). Kratom has a different mode of action than straterra, because it acts on opiate and andregenic receptors (including norepenephrine). And, kratom is not promoted by pharmaceutical companies, so there is no controversy behind its possible long-term side effects.

Unlike kratom, Straterra is a norepenephrine reuptake inhibitor. Also, straterra does not act on the adregenic receptors to stimulate electrical impulses. Instead it prevents the absorption of norepenephrine by the neurons, so that the hormone can act longer. Also, Straterra's effect is more long-lasting (remains 24 hours within the body).

Where to find Kratom?

Kratom can be ordered online from the U.K or Canada, in case someone wants to try it. I am not selling it, I am just telling you that there are some websites that provide the herb. I could not find any Kratom in regular herbal medicine stores. Let me know what you guys think
Old 05-18-11, 08:28 PM
ADDvanced Member

seamstress will become famous soon enough
Re: Kratom as an alternative to straterra

Actually..haha.. i wrote that within the first hour of taking the herb. after that...it was useless. it didn't do sh*t! and it made me anxious and irritated right after. will not suggest it to anyone. i have packages full of kratom and i'm not gonna try them again.
The Following User Says Thank You to seamstress For This Useful Post:
nomannomad (05-18-11)
Old 06-22-11, 02:50 PM

GreenThumb is on a distinguished road

It works wonders for me. I also have chronic pain so the side effects are an added bonus. I only use it to supplement my cannabis use, which overcomes irritability
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-11, 01:26 AM
Jr Member

samson smith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenThumb View Post
It works wonders for me. I also have chronic pain so the side effects are an added bonus. I only use it to supplement my cannabis use, which overcomes irritability
I have discuss my experience with kratom to you. First time i was used the kratom when i was suffer from my back pain. I have used many types of medicines but all these are waste. Then i use kratom first time for my back pain. I have taken it as extract and from one month i am use it as a medicine. I am feel more relaxed and better.
Old 10-27-11, 04:59 AM

aalina is on a distinguished road

Strattera is included on the for drugs under intensive surveillance, maintained by the brtish govt.. It has had this listing since 2004."The MHRA assesses the Black Triangle status of a product usually two years after marketing. However, there is no standard time for a product to retain Black Triangle status. The symbol is not removed until the safety of the drug is well established.
Old 10-31-11, 07:55 AM
Jr Member

samson smith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamstress View Post
I have been taking 20 mg of straterra and it has allowed me to focus well on several tasks. Straterra has helped marvelously with my brain fog. On straterra, I'm able to focus in a way that I never have before and I am able to multitask for the first time!=)However, straterra has a slow, downstream effect on dopamine, so it hasn't helped me with my motivation problems as much.

Also, straterra is a synthetic drug and I was searching for a "natural" alternative. So, I did some research and found a herb called kratom. This herb only acts on the brain for 3 hours, but it helped me focus just as well as straterra! This herb is not under control by North American, Australian or European governments. It is grown in thailand and it has been outlawed there, because some thailanders have abused it! However, kratom has mild stimulant properties when used properly. And, unlike straterra, kratom has helped me with my motivation problems (yay!). Kratom has a different mode of action than straterra, because it acts on opiate and andregenic receptors (including norepenephrine). And, kratom is not promoted by pharmaceutical companies, so there is no controversy behind its possible long-term side effects.

Unlike kratom, Straterra is a norepenephrine reuptake inhibitor. Also, straterra does not act on the adregenic receptors to stimulate electrical impulses. Instead it prevents the absorption of norepenephrine by the neurons, so that the hormone can act longer. Also, Straterra's effect is more long-lasting (remains 24 hours within the body).

Where to find Kratom?

Kratom can be ordered online from the U.K or Canada, in case someone wants to try it. I am not selling it, I am just telling you that there are some websites that provide the herb. I could not find any Kratom in regular herbal medicine stores. Let me know what you guys think
Wow!! very nice post. I agree with you, I have to buy the kratom from Canada because my neighbor is suffers from back pain from last many years.Thanks