ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Creative Writing
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Creative Writing A place for forum members to post their poetry, short stories and other creative writing.

Old 05-14-11, 11:21 PM

deannalynne has a spectacular aura aboutdeannalynne has a spectacular aura about
First Draft in 30 Days

I don't know if it has been mentioned here before, but...

I know lists, plans, and outlines are important tools for managing ADHD. I found a couple books by Karen S. Wiesner, First Draft in 30 Days and From First Draft to Finished Novel that could be helpful for some of the other novel writers out there.

I haven't purchased the second one yet, but First Draft in 30 Days seems like it could be a great tool.

It's all about daily steps and planning. After 30 days you have an outline that is supposed to be so detailed that it doubles as you're first draft.

Of course, it does no good if you never start, like me! Still, I thought I would share it with everyone here!

Good luck in all your writing endeavors!