ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-19-11, 09:57 PM

mattskate19 is on a distinguished road
modafinil vs adderall

Anybody have any experience with both?
In which one was the better for you?
Old 05-19-11, 10:03 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

JR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the rough
Re: modafinil vs adderall

Been on both for about 4 years now. Actually I switched from Provigil over to Nuvigil now (basically same thing). Adderall is much stronger and more effective for treating ADHD.

Provigil is much milder and really doesn't give much benefit for attention and focus. It wakes you up without getting jittery. Some people use it because they can't tolerate amphetamine or methylphenidate. I use it fight off daytime sleepiness and I take Adderall to handle the ADD issues.
Old 05-19-11, 10:16 PM

mattskate19 is on a distinguished road

Yea that's what I was hoping.
From what i've read around the internet modafinil is like a cup of coffee that last through out the day. I have ADD very severe and was diagnosed whenever I was in the 3rd grade. I've been through every single ADD medication except desoxyn. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow and im choosing between desoxyn and modafinil. I just hate being "druged" up all the time for soo many years (im in the 10th grade now). I want to handle my ADD on my own and not in a pill but its VERY hard without a psychostimulant medication. I might just switch to Adderall IR, Modafinil and only take the Adderall IR whenever needed. I just hate being "druged" up all the time I don't want to be like that for the rest of my life I want to accomplish school and jobs without medication but without a psychostimulant its VERY VERY HARD to complete daily tasks. Soo, i'm hoping to get on

*Adderall IR (whenever needed)
*Modafinil
*Cymbalta (for depression, unmotivation, social anxiety basically the "side effects" from ADD besides paying attention)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-11, 12:57 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

Wow man, you're in tenth grade and your doc is trusting you with Desoxyn?! No judgement on my part, good for you man, I was just under the impression most doctor's wouldn't trust mother Teresa with a methamphetamine script. Can you give me some info on how that conversation went down? Just curious. I'm not intersted in Desoxyn myself as I'm very happy with my current regimen, I just can't imagine what doctor would be rational enough (lol) to realize a 16 year old can and will abuse any stimulant just as easily as Desoxyn if they choose.
Really man, to be a fly on the wall in that office...
And seriously, Desoxyn or Modafinil? Is that a real question? "Alright now son, would you like a Porche or a Pogo stick?"
BTW, if you pick the pogo stick your problems are a lot deeper than ADHD. JK, but really...

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 05-20-11, 06:01 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,073 Times in 7,253 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby is on provigil for narcolepsy and add it seems to work.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-23-11, 02:14 AM

toogled is on a distinguished road

modafinl did nothign for. Even at 6 100mg AUS brands. Guess im messed.

Old 08-23-11, 03:10 PM
ADDvanced Member

kolaborator will become famous soon enough

IMO, Modafinil, while useful is really a strange med, and I think it will be a while before we fully understand how it works.

Before Adderall, I tried Modafinil (Modalert) at 100mg per dose, and while I could not clearly"feel" it working, I never had to hesitate during conversations and my coordination was superbly improved.

I could tell stories, some truly intricate ones even, that would take 15 minutes to tell. Without it, if something takes more than 30 seconds to explain I usually do not bother at all. When playing basketball, I was able to think about my shot and movement midair, I was in total control.

On the other hand, when I took 200mg at once, I would just lie in bed and think about whatever I wanted. There was such a constant stream of thought that it felt like my imagination could actually fool my brain into physically enjoying the thoughts as if they were happening. Truly strange experience.