ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-13, 01:42 PM
Committee Member

jossefjossef is on a distinguished road
an android app which runs this forums ???

Is there any app which helps with easier browsing and posting in these excellent forums ??
Old 11-26-13, 05:07 PM
Mr. BllVt

Thanked 17,952 Times in 9,009 Posts
dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute
Re: an android app which runs this forums ???

No. And the person who owns the forum is not interested in changing things.
Old 11-26-13, 05:10 PM
Mrs dvdnvwls

Thanked 18,896 Times in 9,303 Posts
BellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond reputeBellaVita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdnvwls View Post
No. And the person who owns the forum is not interested in changing things.
^^^David's advocate.

()
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-13, 05:33 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

addthree is a name known to alladdthree is a name known to alladdthree is a name known to alladdthree is a name known to alladdthree is a name known to alladdthree is a name known to all

A real computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to addthree For This Useful Post:
BellaVita (11-26-13)
Old 11-26-13, 05:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute

They can't even get these forums to run correctly or behave correctly on desktops. Don't hold your breath for modern functionality.

I mean, for real, this forum is running on a software version that hasn't been updated since 2008, despite hundreds if not thousands of dollars of donations and ad revenue.

Make no mistake, this is a for-profit enterprise, and improving functionality won't help the bottom line.
andy1027 (01-05-14)
Old 11-29-13, 09:45 AM
The Social Committee LIVES

Thanked 17,719 Times in 8,884 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

A full upgrade to the latest version of VBulletin is a modest $ 200.

$ 350 with Android and iOS support.

Really.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 11-29-13, 03:37 PM
Mr. BllVt

dvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond reputedvdnvwls has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi View Post
A full upgrade to the latest version of VBulletin is a modest $ 200.

$ 350 with Android and iOS support.

Really.
(Well, plus the ticklish and potentially time-consuming work of migrating the usernames, passwords, and old posts to the new software.)
Old 11-29-13, 03:45 PM
mod-estly regulated

Thanked 5,440 Times in 2,989 Posts
someothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(Well, plus the ticklish and potentially time-consuming work of migrating the usernames, passwords, and old posts to the new software.)
+
Plug-ins Reinstall+Migration of non-native data, Possible Backup Systems modifications, Non obvious additional configurations

$1400-$2400

For.....

How much of the userbase would benefit from mobile device "simplicity"? ( NB: Alot of the threads here are heavily textified.... One wonders how much real benefit that would provide? Feel free to add your expereinces people who've used Tapatalketc on similar sites. )

*** Current industry "norm" costs YOU $3-$5... or the owner $1000 ( Yes this is all a bit "not set in stone ) But part of running a web service is making it simple and ubiqudous.... The current "standard" IS PROPRIETARY AND COSTS MONEY!

Quote:
It's a mobile app.
You don't have to buy a license as I understand it.
You install a plugin into your forum.
Then you register with the company on their web site to add your forum to their database for free.
Then you have two options, you can simply inform your users that your forum is available on tapatalk/forum runner and they can pay 2/3 for the app if they want to use it.
Alternatively you can purchase a licence, they release a custom app for your forum and users can use it for free. However you can make this a premium feature or upgrade for users if you like.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.
Better security... ( possibly )
Additional features?
~ SB_UK ~
Old 11-29-13, 03:59 PM
mod-estly regulated

someothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond reputesomeothertime has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper Keith View Post
They can't even get these forums to run correctly or behave correctly on desktops. Don't hold your breath for modern functionality.

I mean, for real, this forum is running on a software version that hasn't been updated since 2008, despite hundreds if not thousands of dollars of donations and ad revenue.

Make no mistake, this is a for-profit enterprise, and improving functionality won't help the bottom line.

The way I see it... Most of the users profit too. Web hosting costs money... Setting up and pouring your heart and soul into a venture costs money and affords the creator just reason to benefit.

Pc's from the late early 90's onwards can view the forums fine ( except the youtube clips which are sparse anyways )

Feel free to PM me Trooper about your desktop issues. I have none.
~ SB_UK ~
Old 11-29-13, 04:09 PM
Mr. BllVt

It works acceptably enough on my phone, and fine on my computer. I wish people didn't ever use font-size settings - but that's a minor gripe.
Old 11-29-13, 04:15 PM
The Social Committee LIVES

Thanked 17,719 Times in 8,884 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somo
Quote:
+
Plug-ins Reinstall+Migration of non-native data, Possible Backup Systems modifications, Non obvious additional configurations
There's this company that has built software to automate the process of migration between about 50 different types of forums and blogs. They don't sell the software but do the migration for you for like $ 80.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
someothertime (11-29-13)
Old 11-29-13, 04:24 PM
mod-estly regulated

I think the thanks meter is non-standard... the arcade ( getting good at space invaders btw! )... not sure what else...
~ SB_UK ~
Old 12-01-13, 12:03 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by someothertime View Post
Feel free to PM me Trooper about your desktop issues. I have none.
Go to "addforums.com"

Enjoy that you can't access that while logged in.

Try using the navigation bars or logging in from the top right panel.

Hell, just try clicking 'chat' to see broken links.

It's hilariously broken because of a relatively trivial URL pointer that nobody can fix because David is simply milking this place for ad revenue, as with his other for-profit enterprises.

Not faulting him for that, but it is what it is.

The current standard of this software is improved in a variety of ways. This particular build of vBulletin is fairly vulnerable to a good number of exploits, many of which were patched in 3.8 way back in 2011.

Regardless, given the amount of money this website makes through ad capitalization, it's pretty sad that its been left in its broken state, but hell, it ain't my problem, so whatever.
andy1027 (01-05-14)
Old 01-05-14, 10:44 AM
ADDvanced Member

andy1027 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper Keith View Post

Glad I read this. I was about to donate despite the fact that I suffer from severe ADD (probably SCT). I tell you what! No donations from me! THANK YOUUUUU

Diagnosed with ADHD in Summer 2003.

My ADHD sometimes looked like innatentive type, but I feel that this was because of the untreated anxiety.
Old 03-10-14, 12:52 PM
Contributor

FroGpants is a name known to allFroGpants is a name known to allFroGpants is a name known to allFroGpants is a name known to allFroGpants is a name known to allFroGpants is a name known to allFroGpants is a name known to all

Is this still true? That there isn't an app? I was wanting to access this forum on my phone but I guess I just have to do it in the browser?
ADHD/Combined... dx'd at 42 Possibly Aspergers