ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-11, 09:02 PM
Forum ADDvocate

425runner has a spectacular aura about425runner has a spectacular aura about
Klonopin makes me hyper

It's supposed to be anti-anxiety, sort of like a downer, right? Well, it makes me all excited, happy go lucky while the stimulants (Vyvanse, Adderall) calm me down. Isn't this strange?
Old 05-27-11, 09:29 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,532 Times in 3,885 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Klonopin makes me hyper

Nah. Everyone's brain reacts in a different way. Stimulants may sometimes make me hyper. Not sure about anti-anxiety meds. Codeine makes me hyper when it should really knock me out. Well it made my sister all drowsy.
Old 05-27-11, 09:51 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,758 Times in 774 Posts
Possum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond repute

Klonopin helps me to chill out. Different people can have a wide variety of responses to the same drug. Maybe you should ask your doc to put you on a different anti-anxiety med.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-11, 10:18 PM

Dorsolateral is on a distinguished road

Not unusual. A typical person might find amphetamines make them "hyper", and benzodiazapines calm them down.Your Prefrontal cortex doesnt work the same as a typical person. As a result, your limic system..emotional circutry probably runs a bit unregulated...because when your pre-frontal cortex/frontal lobes work to full capacity, they dampen the noise in your emotional circuts. When they don't fire up or stall out, your emotional circuts "OVER_STIMULATE" , resulting in depression or anxiety or both, or , as a form of resistance or self protection, you dis-motivate,
If you give benzo drugs to a depressed person, there is a risk of worsening symptoms.Like alcohol, these drugs can dis-inhibit a person...so they cannot control their responses to a situation.They may even become violent if sufficiently aroused in a negative way.
G.A.B.A. is the amino acid?neurotransmitter involved in alcohol and benzo-drugs. A person can take raw G.A.B.A. and feel like they took vallium...until they take to much, then they get a strange reverse effect and have a full blown panic attack.
Over simplified,...but perhaps you can put a picture together out of this...also...a person taking too many amphetamines or other stimulants may become obsessive/overfocused, moody, rigid. Benzodiazapines can scatter anyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dorsolateral For This Useful Post:
425runner (05-28-11)
Old 05-27-11, 10:22 PM

Klonapin seems to just make me kind of stupid..a little hyper, when I am not just being jello. Again..ineffective at responding.Strangely, sometimes sleepy, othertimes, insomnia,..a small dose of ADDERALL seems to fix it and ...ZZZZZZZZZZ!
Old 05-27-11, 10:24 PM

There is a seizure risk if you abruptly discontinue it after a long term usage...so be careful!
Old 05-28-11, 06:57 AM

Thanked 16,793 Times in 7,591 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the same way with most benzos. Pretty much anything that's meant to sedate me gets me wired especially benedryl

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-28-11, 07:08 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

ADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud ofADDinHDefgHi?! has much to be proud of

I'm rx'd Klonopin daily and it doesn't sedate me at all, it never really did actually, it relaxes me yet I still feel motivated and clear headed. Everyone reacts to these meds differently. And be careful if you take it everyday, never run out too early!
The Following User Says Thank You to ADDinHDefgHi?! For This Useful Post:
425runner (05-28-11)
Old 05-28-11, 02:09 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

siglerja is a splendid one to beholdsiglerja is a splendid one to beholdsiglerja is a splendid one to beholdsiglerja is a splendid one to beholdsiglerja is a splendid one to beholdsiglerja is a splendid one to beholdsiglerja is a splendid one to behold

That's ADHD for sure. Stimulants calm you, depressants excite you. I still get drowsy on klonopin but I'm definitely more talky and activated. Benedryl will keep me up for 48 hours and booze makes me pretty hyper between drinks 3-5.
Old 05-28-11, 03:22 PM

Thanked 16,793 Times in 7,591 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I have taken xanax before to and its like I drank a cup of coffee.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-28-11, 08:11 PM
ADDvanced Member

markadd is just really nicemarkadd is just really nicemarkadd is just really nicemarkadd is just really nice

Reducing your anxiety and stress level can increase your motivation and energy level.
The Following User Says Thank You to markadd For This Useful Post:
tired1823 (06-02-11)
Old 06-02-11, 10:50 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,616 Posts
tired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markadd View Post
Reducing your anxiety and stress level can increase your motivation and energy level.
I concur! Do what makes you happy. that includes following your rules, though.