ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-28-11, 05:21 AM

mark101 is on a distinguished road
Adderall Script Fill at Walmart

My friend had a doctors apt. and got a triplicate script for Adderall.The first script was dated May/6/2011 TO BE FILLED ON May/6/2011 and then got the first script filled on that same day, May/6/2011. She got it filled and got the medicine that day, May 6, 2011.

Her doctor forgot or didn't realize that he already gave my friend a script for the month of May that was written on MARCH/29/2011 and says not TO BE FILLED until May/8/2011.

Now, it's been 21 days since the first (May/6/2011) was filled and my friend has gotten an Adderall script filled in 21 days before with a new physical script, but THAT SCRIPT WAS dated and to be filled on THE SAME DAY... A little different than this time.....

SHE WANTS TO KNOW what would be the problem, if any, of GETTING

OR TRYING TO GET the SCRIPT dated on MARCH/29/2011 NOT TO

BE FILLED UNTIL MAY/8/2011 filled in the MONTH OF MAY, same month as last script was filled, instead of the June script filled at

the later date?

My friend; she thanks you for reading and replying.
Old 05-28-11, 10:53 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,758 Times in 774 Posts
Possum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Adderall Script Fill at Walmart

Frankly, I hate the Walmart pharmacies I have encountered, but their policies should be the same as any other pharmacy.

I just had an experience - NOT at Walmart - similar to your friend's. Last month my PA upped my adderall dose from 10mg IR in the afternoon to 20mg - this in addition to 40mg XR taken in the morning. When she did this, she handed me a new script which was filled despite the fact that I had gotten the 10mg IR script filled the week before. This left me with about 20 or so extra tablets which no one seemed to worry about.

The day before yesterday I had to get my refills, and I decided to see if I could get them all at once which would simplify my life. My last script for the XR was filled on 5/3 and the new script said do not fill before 5/26. So, I went in on May 26th and they filled it for me a week early without comment. They also filled my IR script.

But get this. The clinic I go to accidentally gave me the old script for IR and I didn't notice, so I ended up with the wrong dose from the pharmacy. I went back to the clinic and explained what happened, so they gave me ANOTHER script for 20mg IR, and the pharmacy filled that too without batting an eye.

So now I have 30 extra 10mg tablets and no one seems to care.

Given just my personal experience, your friend could probably get her script filled a little early. If not, it's no big deal, since she should still have enough meds to last her another week.

Last edited by Possum; 05-28-11 at 11:21 AM..
Old 05-28-11, 11:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,318 Times in 1,328 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute

Chances are no. First, the insurance company won't pay for the same prescription twice in a month's time. Second, many pharmacies have a policy that they will only fill controlled substances a day or two before they are due. Your friend's prescription is now "due" on June 6, and they won't likely fill another prescription for the same thing twice.

Why does he want a duplicate prescription? I can see of no reason for him not to wait until he's due for another prescription before filling that one. It looks mighty suspicious when people try to double-dip controlled substances.
Old 05-28-11, 12:03 PM

Thanked 16,260 Times in 7,339 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiller View Post
Chances are no. First, the insurance company won't pay for the same prescription twice in a month's time. Second, many pharmacies have a policy that they will only fill controlled substances a day or two before they are due. Your friend's prescription is now "due" on June 6, and they won't likely fill another prescription for the same thing twice.

Why does he want a duplicate prescription? I can see of no reason for him not to wait until he's due for another prescription before filling that one. It looks mighty suspicious when people try to double-dip controlled substances.
I agree. Plus I believe the pharmacist has to worry about his license if what ever government agency that oversees him checks this stuff. And I think(or I could be wrong) wouldn't the dr find out somehow? I'm not sure why someone would need double the meds

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-28-11, 12:19 PM

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

I guarantee they want to keep their liscence more than they want to keep you as a customer. What this really comes down to is whether you are trying to slide an early fill past your doc or not. As Adderall is schedule II they will most likely call the doc to approve an early refill.
I had my dose changed and went in to get a script for the new dose. I had picked up my last script two weeks prior. They said they couldn't fill it early. I explained the situation and a very rude pharmacist who looked like Christopher Lloyd in "Back to the Future" rolled his eyes and refused to help me. I raised hell so he called my doc who approved it. I then said, "Yeah, us Adderall junkies have to think of all kinds of creative ways to get our fix. Had this been a script for amoxycillin I doubt you would have treated me so disrespectfully. Different people need prescriptions for different disorders and any pharmacist with an ounce of proffessionalism would know that and be courteous. I understand you have to be cautious but you don't have to be a jerk. I will take my business elsewhere in the future."
I grabbed my script, turned and walked off, shouting, "Where we're going we don't need roads!"

Incidentally, a different pharmacy will not know when the script was last filled and may fill it if you get a lazy or unobservant pharmacist. Back when I was a benzo head I was given two Valium scripts, one post dated. I dropped one off at Dillon's and marched across the street to Walmart to drop off the other. Picked up two bottles, 180 pills later that day. However, this is prescription abuse and I don't advise it.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 05-28-11, 12:37 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,758 Times in 774 Posts
Possum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond repute

I need to add that I have to agree with what everyone else said. I am truly baffled that my pharmacy would give me 20 extra pills last month and 30 extra this month.

I went to both the pharmacy and the clinic, showed them my just filled (incorrect dose) of adderall 10's, and showed them my correct paper script for the 20's. I even told them that I was bringing this to their attention because A: I had no idea what to do about this since pharmacies don't take filled prescriptions back and B: I was very concerned that someone would think I was trying to pull a fast one and turn me in to the authorities.

I would think that what everyone else said is more the norm. My pharmacy is at the local City Market (Kroeger's) - not some fly by night outfit or a shady online pharmacy. ??????? Go by the other posters' experience and not mine. It's simply not worth all the grief your friend may bring down on her head by trying to circumnavigate around the system.
Old 05-29-11, 01:03 AM

Thanked 3,318 Times in 1,328 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambourine-man View Post
Incidentally, a different pharmacy will not know when the script was last filled
This simply isn't true, unless you pay cash. 9 times out of 10 if a refill is too soon, we found out when we tried to bill the insurance.

Unless, of course, your state has a government run reporting system, like Ohio does, in which case we know regardless of if you paid cash or not, unless you used a pseudonym.
Old 05-29-11, 01:08 AM

Thanked 4,332 Times in 2,019 Posts
trishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Lord View Post
When you wana get fked up you need more then prescribed. Usually 2-5x more according to how fked up you wana get. Some dude said he takes 30mg Adderall XR daily but when he wana get fked up he crushes 60mg...bam single dose like that.
Shouldn't a post like this be deleted?
Old 05-29-11, 09:16 AM

sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering that to because of a similar thread somewhere else. It sure sounds like abuse info. Nevertheless I don't care how much you need to abuse the medication the fact remains that its kind of shady to try and fill it early like that regardless of why. Its a controlled substance like it or not

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-29-11, 09:27 AM

Thanked 16,301 Times in 7,703 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishcan View Post
Shouldn't a post like this be deleted?
It's more effective to use the little red triangle report button in the top right corner and ask the mods to make that decision.
Old 05-29-11, 10:21 AM
Contributor

Canuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to all

I had a talk with my favourite pharmacist yesterday.

My doctor on my last perscription wrote it out for 100 tablets, with no restrictions. My insurance company only will pay for a 30 day supply. With the dexadrine boosters, it's not a problem, because with no restrictions, they don't know it's for one a day. With the Adderall XR, they assume it's one a day. While the pharmacy can hand me the whole 100, I'd be paying out of pocket for 70 of them.

When I called to ask for the last refill to be filled, I was rushed because I was calling from work on my break. I didn't ask about the 10 remaining tablets. When I picked up the refill, of course it was just for 30.

The problem is I booked my recall visit based on the prescription I had plus the remainder I had at home. I was trying to avoid a visit in August as I'm busy with the family on vacation. Without those 10 capsules, I'll run out a few days before my visit.

So yesterday I spoke with the pharmacist, asking how I could get them with the next refill without creating a problem with their books or the insurance company. She said she could process it without too much trouble. It would have been easier if I'd spoken to her before filling the last refill, but she was surprised the pharmacist who'd filled it didn't hold it and ask me about the remainder at the time.

I don't know how it works in US pharmacies, but in Ontario, it seems that the drugs are sold at the pharmacies cost, and the profit comes from the dispensing fee. The dispensing fee is a flat rate per perscription. If it's $12.99, than you are paying that fee for one pill or one hundred pills. Generally, it's to your advantage to get 3 months worth at a time to reduce the dispensing fees paid. Unfortunately, most insurance companies only pay for 30 days worth of narcotics.
Old 05-29-11, 10:28 AM

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiller View Post
This simply isn't true, unless you pay cash. 9 times out of 10 if a refill is too soon, we found out when we tried to bill the insurance.

Unless, of course, your state has a government run reporting system, like Ohio does, in which case we know regardless of if you paid cash or not, unless you used a pseudonym.
This is very true if you are like me and are unfortunate enough not to have insurance. The government still hasn't developed a an umbrella prescription tracking system, one that coverers multiple pharmacies. Your pharmacy records are, at this point, still private from each other.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 05-29-11, 01:40 PM

Damn! Them's fightin' words !

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 05-29-11, 02:16 PM

Thanked 4,332 Times in 2,019 Posts
trishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond reputetrishcan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Lord View Post
I was joking when I said that but I think minimods should be deleted instead.
And you're entitled to your opinion. Based on several of your other posts, I didn't have much reason to believe you were joking. Personally, I could care less if someone abuses meds, talks about it, jokes about it. It just seems as though there's a need for caution with so many new patients or drug-seekers browsing these forums.