ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 06-09-11, 01:04 PM
Contributor

jennyjay has a spectacular aura aboutjennyjay has a spectacular aura about
Is anyone on both Adderall and Provigil????

I am experiencing excessive daytime sleepiness. This is new to me, I have taken Adderall for about 11 years. I am wondering if I could add Provigil to help with my daytime sleepiness......
Old 06-09-11, 01:22 PM
ADDvanced Member

relax21 is a jewel in the roughrelax21 is a jewel in the roughrelax21 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Is anyone on both Adderall and Provigil????

Yes, you can take both Adderall and Provigil or Nuvigil together. I used to take these two together because Adderall made me very tired.
The Following User Says Thank You to relax21 For This Useful Post:
jennyjay (06-09-11)
Old 06-09-11, 01:24 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relax21 View Post
Yes, you can take both Adderall and Provigil or Nuvigil together. I used to take these two together because Adderall made me very tired.

So it helps? What does it feel like when the Provigil takes effect?
Old 06-09-11, 01:42 PM
ADDvanced Member

relax21 is a jewel in the roughrelax21 is a jewel in the roughrelax21 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjay
So it helps? What does it feel like when the Provigil takes effect?
It helped me for a little while, but to me it was similar to a more drawn out form of caffeine, they both make me alert to a certain extent at appropriate doses but I suppose the Provigil was stronger. I had to stop Provigil and eventually Adderall due to side effects. Everyone's reaction is different though. I think it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot. Nuvigil is supposed to be longer lasting and newer than Provigil. Provigil being racemic Modafinil and Nuvigil being the right hand of the molecule Modafinil, it's called Armodafinil, I think. Either one would be fine.
Old 06-09-11, 01:48 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjay
I am experiencing excessive daytime sleepiness. This is new to me, I have taken Adderall for about 11 years.
Do you think your daytime sleepiness could be from your long term use of Adderall? :/ Did Adderall ever make you feel more awake?
Old 06-09-11, 01:58 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

JR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the rough

Yes. Been on both for ..... 3 years or so. Was taking 400mg of provigil and 60mg Adderall XR. Switched the provigil for 250mg of Nuvigil about a year ago. I take half the nuvigil in am and half in pm. My neurologist suggested taking provigil/nuvigil to fight off the sleepiness and allow the adderall to fight the ADD.
Old 06-09-11, 02:23 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by relax21 View Post
Do you think your daytime sleepiness could be from your long term use of Adderall? :/ Did Adderall ever make you feel more awake?

Kinda, I used to be able to take my morning dose and then go back to sleep and when the adderall kicked in I would wake up. If I do that now I just seem to go into a deeper sleep and don't wake up.
Old 12-05-11, 03:47 AM

never2late will become famous soon enough

I am taking nuvigil and adderall IR. The mornings and afternoons are ok. But at night I get really depressed. It might just be some of the stuff in my life right now that is casuing it combined with the nuvigil wearing off.

I had one Concerta remaining from a couple months back I tried that with the Nuvigil and boy that was a great day. No real moodiness, everything just sort of rolled off my back. It could have been due to the XR formation but I read something on wikipedia on the internet about Adderall not "playing well" with Nuvigil/Provigil. Something about a fight over the same neurotransmitters or something. The concerta day was much better than the adderall one that is for sure.
Old 12-05-11, 08:11 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 17,374 Times in 7,827 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

My husband is narcoleptic and adhd. For awhile he was on provigil and Ritalin which did work but now he just takes 200m of provigil twice a day because he feels the provigil treats both.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 12-07-11, 10:20 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

kiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR1973 View Post
Yes. Been on both for ..... 3 years or so. Was taking 400mg of provigil and 60mg Adderall XR. Switched the provigil for 250mg of Nuvigil about a year ago. I take half the nuvigil in am and half in pm. My neurologist suggested taking provigil/nuvigil to fight off the sleepiness and allow the adderall to fight the ADD.
ouch....poor heart....I hope you are monitoring BP regularly as well as yearly ECG....just sayin....
Old 12-07-11, 10:53 PM
ADDvanced Member

kolaborator will become famous soon enough

Provigil/Modafinil is in my opinion truly a step into the 21st century of medicine.

Lack of physical overstimulation, extreme improvements in coordination, lowers anxiety. However, at the same time it does have its issues. For starters there is not enough studies/evidence for chooising/prescribing the correct dosage and the effects are not well understood at this point.

In my personal case, a 100mg did not appear to produce any "noticeable" effect, while 200mg with an energy drink sometimes produced one of the most euphoric and possibly addictive states: I was able to think of and vividly imagine any situation I wanted, and continue the thought process in any direction I desired, like a very realistic movie. Forget about doing work when I could just lay on a couch for an hour or two, and imagine that I am and am doing whatever I desire.

Switched from that to adderall because it addresses different things but I might try modafinil once again to try to reevaluate it again.
Old 12-08-11, 01:05 AM
Jr Member

jpflex66 is on a distinguished road

Nuvigil is better than provigil...nuvigil lasted longer and made me more in good mood. Provigil felt dirtier. I take it with Vyvanse now and helps ALOT