ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-11, 07:02 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,770 Times in 774 Posts
Possum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond repute
Have I done wrong?

I cannot log onto the forums anymore from my home computer. I thought maybe I was banned or suspended or something, yet I am able to log on as possum from the library computer. So what's going on? I'm terribly confused. Is it a problem with my computer or did I do something wrong? If I did, I really apologize and hope you will let me come back. Whatever it was, I never meant anyone harm and can't think of anything I posted that was mean spirited or whatever.

Someone please explain.
Old 06-15-11, 07:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,095 Times in 1,195 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future
Re: Have I done wrong?

You don't look banned.

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, Agoraphobia, paranoia.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE
The Following User Says Thank You to StoicNate For This Useful Post:
Possum (06-18-11)
Old 06-15-11, 07:09 PM
Extradimensional Moderator

HighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possum View Post
I cannot log onto the forums anymore from my home computer. I thought maybe I was banned or suspended or something, yet I am able to log on as possum from the library computer. So what's going on? I'm terribly confused. Is it a problem with my computer or did I do something wrong? If I did, I really apologize and hope you will let me come back. Whatever it was, I never meant anyone harm and can't think of anything I posted that was mean spirited or whatever.

Someone please explain.
Could you give us some more details as to what you see when you try to log in from home?

If you did something seriously wrong, you wouldn't be able to log in from anywhere.
Disclaimer: none of the posts on this forum should be taken as medical advice. Optimally, always seek the opinion of multiple experienced professionals, note any discrepancies, and use your best judgment, as well as research, to determine what is true, untrue, and neither (opinion).

Last edited by HighFunctioning; 06-15-11 at 07:44 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HighFunctioning For This Useful Post:
Abi (06-24-11), Possum (06-18-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-11, 08:14 PM

Thanked 3,638 Times in 1,734 Posts
Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Someone please explain.
aww, Possum! *hugs*

you aren't banned!! I wouldn't let them ban you.... i'd, i'd, i'd complain to someone.

your computer has ADD.

did you try turning it off and then on again??
I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.
-George Carlin
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Impetus For This Useful Post:
danelady (06-18-11), Possum (06-18-11)
Old 06-15-11, 09:19 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,459 Times in 581 Posts
Kaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond repute

Possum, did you crash the internets again?!?

Anyway, won't they warn you before banning? I was under the impression that banning was not a random, out of the blue occurrence. You'd be warned, first. It's probably just your computer.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kaimei For This Useful Post:
danelady (06-18-11), Impetus (06-16-11), metzfanaz (06-16-11), Possum (06-18-11)
Old 06-15-11, 09:21 PM

Thanked 3,330 Times in 1,335 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute

Try accessing www.addforums.com/forums/usercp.php

instead of just addforums.com.

When you log in from the front page, there is an error that says you "do not have permissions to view this page." It only applies to the front page, not to the forums themselves. Therefore, you have to follow a link directly to the forums. The link I gave above will take you to your User Control Panel.

Good luck.
Old 06-15-11, 09:25 PM

Thanked 3,638 Times in 1,734 Posts
Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper Keith View Post
Try accessing www.addforums.com/forums/usercp.php

instead of just addforums.com.

When you log in from the front page, there is an error that says you "do not have permissions to view this page." It only applies to the front page, not to the forums themselves. Therefore, you have to follow a link directly to the forums. The link I gave above will take you to your User Control Panel.

Good luck.
oh yeah.... I think he's right. I remember it was doing that to me a few weeks ago. my hyperactivity must have just taken over, switched into 4 wheel low and just busted right on in.
I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.
-George Carlin
The Following User Says Thank You to Impetus For This Useful Post:
Possum (06-18-11)
Old 06-16-11, 03:19 AM
Contributor

demfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to alldemfabbones is a name known to all

Quote:

Someone please explain.
Aw, this made me so sad I just wanted to give you (((hugs))) You are not banned My computer does it too. I'd seen it mentioned here before and don't really know what the issue is...I just go via the pull-down menu on that same page. It is annoying though.

The Following User Says Thank You to demfabbones For This Useful Post:
Possum (06-18-11)
Old 06-16-11, 04:12 AM

Thanked 1,778 Times in 1,009 Posts
Driver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond repute

I get the same error messages. It just reminds me how antiquated this site is and how dire its need for a upgrade is.
Possum (06-18-11), Trooper Keith (06-16-11)
Old 06-16-11, 03:27 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Possum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond reputePossum has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFunctioning View Post
Could you give us some more details as to what you see when you try to log in from home?

If you did something seriously wrong, you wouldn't be able to log in from anywhere.
When I try to log in from home, I get a timed out message that the site is not responding. I have tried Trooper Keith's suggestion that I log on via www.addforums.com/forums/usercp.php
but that doesn't work either. I just get a timed out message there, as well. It's so strange because I can get onto every other site I usually do except for this one. I've run a virus check, I've turned off my modem overnight to reset it, but nothing works.

I'm glad I'm not banned, at least.

Thank you all for your replies and suggestions. I'll continue to try to figure out what my computer is up to. If you don't see me around for a while, you'll know why.
Old 06-16-11, 04:33 PM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,231 Times in 8,581 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

You can try using different browsers. Also, clearing your cookies could sometimes help.
Old 06-16-11, 04:36 PM

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,786 Posts
Sandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond reputeSandy4957 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Have I done wrong?

Try clearing cookies and cache from your internet browser. Or perhaps you have done that.

Ok, there are so many really funny responses on this thread, don't you think? Or is that just my quirky sense of humor?

StoicNate wins the award with "You don't look banned." Sort of like, "You don't look sick." "You don't look tired." "You don't look 45."

Then there's Impetus's "four wheel low" busting in on the place (which is what I've been doing for several weeks now because I'm still getting the error message when I log in).

And Impetus again with, "Did you try turning it off and then on again?" Reminds me of an episode of Supernatural where Sam was working as an IT guy and every time it cuts to him, he's on the phone saying, "Did you try turning it off and then on again?"

It's like the ADHDer's Guide to Computers here!

I was dreamin' when I wrote this. So sue me if I go too fast. ~ 1999, Prince, 1982.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sandy4957 For This Useful Post:
Possum (06-18-11)
Old 06-16-11, 06:01 PM

HighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant future

Quote:
When I try to log in from home, I get a timed out message that the site is not responding. I have tried Trooper Keith's suggestion that I log on via www.addforums.com/forums/usercp.php
but that doesn't work either. I just get a timed out message there, as well.
Does this only happen when you actually log in, or are you unable to access the site at all (as in, able to read posts without logging in?) If this only happens upon logging in, it means that the server is likely taking a long time to process your login request. There's a slight possibility that it could be a cookie issue, but I would think that bad cookie data wouldn't kill the forum software's performance. I have noticed that the forum has been having performance issues in the last week. There might be something internally wrong with your account or some other server issue.

If you can't access the forum at all, try accessing the forum by IP address:
http://66.150.138.89
Disclaimer: none of the posts on this forum should be taken as medical advice. Optimally, always seek the opinion of multiple experienced professionals, note any discrepancies, and use your best judgment, as well as research, to determine what is true, untrue, and neither (opinion).
Old 06-18-11, 03:02 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy4957 View Post
Try clearing cookies and cache from your internet browser. Or perhaps you have done that.

Ok, there are so many really funny responses on this thread, don't you think? Or is that just my quirky sense of humor?

StoicNate wins the award with "You don't look banned." Sort of like, "You don't look sick." "You don't look tired." "You don't look 45."

Then there's Impetus's "four wheel low" busting in on the place (which is what I've been doing for several weeks now because I'm still getting the error message when I log in).

And Impetus again with, "Did you try turning it off and then on again?" Reminds me of an episode of Supernatural where Sam was working as an IT guy and every time it cuts to him, he's on the phone saying, "Did you try turning it off and then on again?"

It's like the ADHDer's Guide to Computers here!
It IS like an ADHDer's guide to computers here! I started trying to figure out my firewall, thinking maybe that was it, but it doesn't seem to be. I have tried almost everything suggested here, and nothing works. I just jeep getting the message "Google cannot access this page." Grrrrrr!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFunctioning
Does this only happen when you actually log in, or are you unable to access the site at all (as in, able to read posts without logging in?) If this only happens upon logging in, it means that the server is likely taking a long time to process your login request. There's a slight possibility that it could be a cookie issue, but I would think that bad cookie data wouldn't kill the forum software's performance. I have noticed that the forum has been having performance issues in the last week. There might be something internally wrong with your account or some other server issue. If you can't access the forum at all, try accessing the forum by IP address: http://66.150.138.89
I cannot access the site at all. I've cleared all my cookies and that doesn't help. I think you are right about something wrong with the server or my account. I have Windows Vista and I hate it! I've posted here before about how Vista went viral without my knowledge and shut down another site for an hour! So maybe something like that is at work here. My computer sux. It's just a cheap thing from Wally World. Gotta save up some money for a new one. I'm at the motel right now, so I can get online. When I get home, I'll try the IP address. thanks for your suggestions!
The Following User Says Thank You to Possum For This Useful Post:
Abi (06-24-11)
Old 06-18-11, 03:30 PM

Quote:
It IS like an ADHDer's guide to computers here! I started trying to figure out my firewall, thinking maybe that was it, but it doesn't seem to be. I have tried almost everything suggested here, and nothing works. I just jeep getting the message "Google cannot access this page." Grrrrrr! I cannot access the site at all. I've cleared all my cookies and that doesn't help. I think you are right about something wrong with the server or my account. I have Windows Vista and I hate it! I've posted here before about how Vista went viral without my knowledge and shut down another site for an hour! So maybe something like that is at work here. My computer sux. It's just a cheap thing from Wally World. Gotta save up some money for a new one. I'm at the motel right now, so I can get online. When I get home, I'll try the IP address. thanks for your suggestions!
If you can't access the site at all, it is probably not an account issue. It is also unlikely to be a server issue (at least concerning the ADDF webserver itself). I would also doubt that it's an issue related to your computer, except in certain species of malware. But even then, I suspect not. If accessing it by IP address works, then it's a DNS related problem. If this is the case, you can try using a different DNS server, such as 8.8.8.8.