ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Men with ADD/ADHD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Men with ADD/ADHD This forum is for men to discuss issues related to being a man with AD/HD.

Old 06-19-11, 03:38 PM

cmw_geoe is on a distinguished road
Newly diagnosed 32 year old male with questions about medicine, increased sex drive

I am a 32 year old male and have recently been diagnosed with ADHD. Let's just say that I have all the sterotypical symptoms and all my friends said that they knew for years that I was this way. I have a few questions about this since I am newly diagnosed.

First, I little bit about me.
1. I am an active person and in much better than average physical condition for my age. I am about 5'10" and 160 or so lbs. and very lean, yet muscular.
2. I have boundless energy and can go all day long (I have always been this way).
3. I have an above average intelligence level. One of my main problems is that my brain always seems to have a million things going on at once and I can't focus.
4. I eat well. My diet consists of lots of lean fish/meats and lots of veggies.
5. I have always had a very strong sex drive.

I was recently prescribed Adderall XR in 20mg form. I take this in the morning when I wake up and it seems to make only minor differences in how well I focus. I do seem a little clearer on how I make decisions but never realy had a problem being decisive before. All in all, I was wondering if I either I need a different form of Adderall, more of it, or a different drug altogether. Is there a possibility I have done something wrong with my diet to interfere with the drug?

One thing I have noticed is that my sex drive has greatly increased over its already high level since taking the Adderall XR. I have been on this about 10 days now. The opposite side effect seems to be more common and I was glad this didn't happen with me, but my drive is really strong and intense now. I have been taking care of this by releasing myself but I seem to be ready to go again in a matter of a few short minutes. Most guys wouldn't think this is bad but it is annoying when you feel need to release 30 or more times per day. It seems like the problem doesn't really get better with each release.

This also made me wonder if maybe some of my other hormones are of a higher level than they should be and maybe this is part of my problem, not just ADHD. Again, I am new to this and just learning but wanted some advice. My doctor indicated that I should give the Adderall at least 10-14 days as it takes a while for your system to get used to it.
Old 06-21-11, 10:05 AM

Jeffries is on a distinguished road
Re: Newly diagnosed 32 year old male with questions about medicine, increased sex dri

It is likely that you would benefit from a higher dose of Adderall, 30 mg XR perhaps. Your doctor will help you with this. In my experience, when Adderall is working, the difference in focus is dramatic.

If you're already lean, make sure you keep eating regularly and healthy, you do not want to lose any weight or muscle. In general, you should avoid highly acidic foods/beverages in the first half of the day, especially in the morning when you take your adderall. What works best for me is to take Adderall on an empty stomach and eat about 30 minutes later, generally a meal that is mostly protein, fat, and complex carbs. Stay away from a lot of sugar at breakfast including fruit juices. Fresh fruit is fine in moderation, but avoid citrus and fruits that are high in vitamin C and citric acid, two things which are known to inhibit your bodies ability to absorb Adderall.

I also think its a good idea to take other medications and supplements in the evening if possible, at least until you know that the adderall is working for you. It is possible that adderall will not help you with your focus issues, as it doesn't work for about 20% of those afflicted with ADHD.

I've also noticed an increase in my sex drive, though not as dramatic as yours. I know people with ADHD coupled with OCD who say that Adderall can increase those symptoms. I would say that feeling the need to release 30 times a day may be somewhat compulsive, perhaps Adderall isn't a good idea for you. You should definitely talk about all this with you doctor. I think hormone disorders a fairly uncommon in someone your age - blood tests can settle this fairly quickly.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Old 06-22-11, 04:11 AM

Looties is on a distinguished road
Re: Newly diagnosed 32 year old male with questions about medicine, increased sex dri

As for your 30 times a day releasing yourself --- I hope this is an exaggeration! 30 times per day is amazingly over kill for those poor little (and not so little in some of our cases) muscles down in the 'lower hemisphere' of your body to be putting out... An increased sex drive is nothing to be upset about - if you can control it and only use it when you have a desire to - not when ever it has a desire to use you and control YOU --- So with this in mind - I would say either re-evaluate how much you are releasing your sexual tension to a level that does not interfere with your daily deeds - or contemplate switching medications... as if you are really going at it 30+ times a day, that has to eat up literally hours of your free time... If you have issues with masterbaiting already - before the medication -- then the stimulant might be stimulating the drive part of your brain a bit too much, and a more focused Stimulant - such as Ritalin - might be worth trying out...

But of course - this is all only valid if you're doing 'it' so much that it has a detrimental effect on your life --- if you are able to do it so many times and have not strained your wrist / 'golden jewels' at that rate -- by all means, keep living the teenager's dream - well into your 40s or even 50s if you can!

Just make sure you realize that such a huge amount of semen releasing can't be good for your sperm count --- so don't expect to have an easy job if the deserve to have a kid comes around with this level of fappitude --- and it can also lead to lower testosterone levels -- which can impact your mood and characteristics such as facial hair growth rates... Both of these are temporary though and should balance back up to their normal levels (and maybe a bit higher than normal) if you discontinue the massively large amount of fappage you have going on for a couple of days / a week or two...

Either way - either keep living the dream or die trying~ If the dream is masterbaiting for a record number of times a day -- call up the world record company Guinness and see if you're getting close to that while you're at it... and also - be happy you don't suffer from "Stim-Dick" - the condition many stimulant users have where no matter how horny they get - they have a hard time "finishing" their business and often have to masturbate for hours to reach the eventually orgasm of their dreams~ --- often described as the most amazing release of full body feeling good - orgasm from their toes to their heads and everywhere inbetween... and with enough semen to "fill a bottle" with, because of the amount of time they are aroused - they tend to produce a much heavier jizz stream than a non-stimulant-infused orgasm...

Hopefully something in there helps you out~ Let us know if you were just exaggerating on that 30 + times number or if you are really spending 30 separate 2-29 minute fapping sessions a day on this new found stimulant-induced fapping marathon sessions~
Male - 20-30 years old - Diagnosed May 2011 with ADHD-Inattentive type. Currently here to connect with others and learn more about myself and my 'condition', as well as try and help others do the same.

I appreciate any responses, positive or negative, to the comments I have made in my post above!

Also: Sorry I tend to over write for the posts on this forum. Most my writings are broken into paragraphs that the first sentence can be read and the rest skipped if you don't want the details~
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-11, 05:49 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

CrushCrush is a jewel in the roughCrushCrush is a jewel in the roughCrushCrush is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmw_geoe View Post
Most guys wouldn't think this is bad but it is annoying when you feel need to release 30 or more times per day
Actually many of the gay community use crystal meth for this reason. They call it 'party and play'. The party is the meth, the play is the intercourse and they can have all night sessions.

It's odd because it seems most men get the opposite effect when using meth.

30 times is a LOT for a straight male. I only seem to read about these high counts from the gay community. I would go and Google it. It's probably that you just have a 'high sex drive' that's all.