ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-11, 06:16 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light
Has anyone ever PMed you requesting to purchase your controlled meds?

I received a message from a newbie (won't name names and promised not to report them so don't ask me too, I won't...) asking if I would be willing to sell them any meds because their doctor wouldn't prescribe them. I responded tactfully stating that this seemed awfully dangerous as either one of us could be a cop. I sympathize with those who can't receive treatment, but seriously, WTF?

Has this ever happened to anyone else? It has happened to me twice on these boards. Do I come off as a drug dealer? I wanted to know where he was at because one individual had wanted to buy my Adderall because he lived in London and they don't have it there. This makes me uncomfortable, especially because I myself have a past history of drug-abuse/drug-seeking pre-treatment.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 06-19-11, 06:21 PM

Thanked 2,096 Times in 1,196 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future
Re: Has anyone ever PMed you requesting to purchase your controlled meds?

Never happened to me. You should just report them, since it is illegal and is not welcome on this forum.

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, Agoraphobia, paranoia.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to StoicNate For This Useful Post:
APSJ (06-19-11), danelady (06-19-11), diced (06-20-11), Impetus (06-22-11), meadd823 (06-20-11), Mesaana (06-20-11), peripatetic (06-30-11)
Old 06-19-11, 06:28 PM

Thanked 23,959 Times in 11,086 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Nate is right, it's against the rules to sell or buy meds from other members here. It's never happened to me, and I would not agreed to refrain from using the report button.

Quote:
No Solicitation:
* No user may advertise, or otherwise provide information on any product they sell, distribute or market on the ADD Forums (either in a thread, post or private message) without the written permission of the Site Administrators. This also applies to solicitation of any and all products, services, organizations, and content requests.
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15842

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following User Says Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
danelady (06-19-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-11, 06:34 PM
Nondescript Moderator

Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,694 Posts
APSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond reputeAPSJ has a reputation beyond repute

Please be aware that soliciting prescription medications through this forum is strictly prohibited, whether in posts or private messages.

We do ask that you forward any messages of this nature to a moderator. Such activities are harmful, both to the forum, and to the acceptance of the legitimate use of medication for treatment of ADHD.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to APSJ For This Useful Post:
AddaptAbilities (06-29-11), danelady (06-19-11), ginniebean (06-29-11), Kaimei (06-20-11), meadd823 (06-20-11), peripatetic (06-30-11), sarek (06-20-11), StoicNate (06-19-11)
Old 06-19-11, 07:42 PM

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

Completely understand what you guys are saying but my background makes me very hesitant to report this as I can sympathize, regardless of the fact that it is obviously wrong.

I already deleted the messages anyway and don't even remeber the user's name. However, anyone reading this should know in the future that I will report anyone who solicits me. It is illegal and dangerous. See a doctor.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tambourine-man For This Useful Post:
Impetus (06-22-11), Turbochica (06-20-11)
Old 06-19-11, 09:03 PM

Anthony121 is on a distinguished road

yeesh, if the admins deemed it necessary, They can look at your PMS..
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony121 For This Useful Post:
Turbochica (06-20-11)
Old 06-19-11, 09:12 PM

Thanked 12,146 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

No, but I did get a weird sexual pm earlier this week. It took me off guard and I deleted it and then realized I didn't have a name or message so I could report it.

This week or last, there was a thread posted by a newbie here asking where to buy a big supply of Adderall, I think it was.

Selling it is illegal. Even if it wasn't I wouldn't because I NEED MINE!!!!! I'm paranoid about accidentally dropping a capsule down the drain and having to do without for a day!

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
Old 06-20-11, 12:20 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,165 Times in 553 Posts
selita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud of

Yeah, I got this message too, I think from the same UK-based user. Already deleted it, wish I'd reported it.
Old 06-20-11, 12:42 AM

Thanked 8,346 Times in 3,313 Posts
salleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond reputesalleh has a reputation beyond repute

I got that extrememly nasty sexual message, and reported it ...and I am with you on the subject, BR549.....give up my meds ??? yah, right, .....that'll happen......

I am not a selfish person, right up until my meds are concerned ......then I turn into a 2 year old ....mine mine mine ....and you can't have 'em ......

....This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic lane"
Terry Pratchett

....If you're going through hell, ......keep going.....
The Following User Says Thank You to salleh For This Useful Post:
BR549 (06-20-11)
Old 06-20-11, 01:06 AM
Forum Guru

Mesaana is a name known to allMesaana is a name known to allMesaana is a name known to allMesaana is a name known to allMesaana is a name known to allMesaana is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambourine-man View Post
I received a message from a newbie (won't name names and promised not to report them so don't ask me too, I won't...) asking if I would be willing to sell them any meds because their doctor wouldn't prescribe them. I responded tactfully stating that this seemed awfully dangerous as either one of us could be a cop. I sympathize with those who can't receive treatment, but seriously, WTF?

Has this ever happened to anyone else? It has happened to me twice on these boards. Do I come off as a drug dealer? I wanted to know where he was at because one individual had wanted to buy my Adderall because he lived in London and they don't have it there. This makes me uncomfortable, especially because I myself have a past history of drug-abuse/drug-seeking pre-treatment.
yes, this has happened to me. i didn't even answer and immediately found a mod who was online and asked them what to do. i waited a little bit, got no response so i tried a different mod that was online, and was told to forward the message, and that it would be taken care of.

it's completely illegal, and has no place in a support forum.
APSJ (06-20-11), ginniebean (06-29-11)
Old 06-20-11, 02:49 AM

Well, I got another message from him asking for a "small sample" because he is in the Uk. I asked what good a small sample would do if he could not get any more in the future. I didn't delete his message. I'm not going to tattle but it is in my pm box.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 06-20-11, 07:10 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,539 Times in 13,422 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Legal issues aside if you're not bothered by the PM then I guess its no big deal. The only thing that gets me going on my soapbox is that people who! Use these drugs without an RX are the people who make those of us who need them look bad.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 06-20-11, 07:19 AM
Moderator of mind and heart

Thanked 21,251 Times in 8,589 Posts
sarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond reputesarek has a reputation beyond repute

Actually it IS a big deal. We do not want anyone soliciting or offering meds on the forum, whether they do it in the open or by PM. That is the reason for APSJ's mod note asking everyone to forward us the necessary information we need to remove such individuals from our forum.
Old 06-20-11, 07:37 AM
Super Meowaderator

Thanked 15,348 Times in 6,095 Posts
meadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond reputemeadd823 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony121 View Post
yeesh, if the admins deemed it necessary, They can look at your PMS..
I am amazed by the fact that at one time I thought this to be true myself

Once I became a member of staff myself I understood the folly of my perception. Honestly keeping up with stuff occurring in open forum is a significant challenge in and of itself - NO one has the amount of time required to keep up with what goes on in private messages -
I have been here forever and administrative access to private messages has never been deemed necessary. This is a support forum not national security.

Now if illegal drug use and abuse on a large enough scale is suspected there is nothing stopping law enforcement from gaining access to the database via the server. Cooperation with law enforcement is part of the TOS.{terms of service}

As far as the staff here is concerned the term PRIVATE means just that - what is written is private stays private unless you or the person to whom you have sent the message deems it otherwise. Once deleted for all practical purposes a message is gone for good -Message retrieval even if technically possible would be difficult therefore it is up to each member to forward offending private messages to administration - otherwise we have no way of knowing there is a problem.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

Last edited by meadd823; 06-20-11 at 08:22 AM..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to meadd823 For This Useful Post:
APSJ (06-20-11), ginniebean (06-30-11), Mesaana (06-20-11), peripatetic (06-30-11), sarek (06-20-11)
Old 06-20-11, 07:42 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,539 Times in 13,422 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

I. Should have been more clear : if it doesn't bother tambourine man then its not damaging to him but it would bother me and I would report them. The point of these forums is for support and advice not how/when/where you can get CUI drugs. Anyone who thinks they can convince someone to give them their meds is being insensitive to that person and that persons needs and only out for themselves.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Closed Thread