ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-11, 04:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

Muggzy will become famous soon enough
Evernote, something cool I found

This is totally not meant to be any kind of advertisement or anything but I found something that is really working for me.
I have a Android "Smart Phone" and downloaded an app called Evernote. It lets you manually put in "Notes" so you can make random "to do's", or use it like a dictiphone and verbally say things, like ideas or thoughts and save them with labels, or even take a picture of something and use that as a reminder or whatever. On top of that, it links to an account on a website so you can access all of this stuff from any computer. Oh, it's FREE.

Personally it has helped me get a lot of stuff handled in the two weeks I have been using it. It works great for when I am laying in bed at night and remember all the things I forgot to do and need to do and normally start stressing myself out and lay there for hours, I just get up and type them all in and then go to sleep, like magic. :-D

Anyway, I just thought I would pass this on since it has been useful for me.
All three of us on Adderall
IT Professional
In and out of counseling all my life... any questions, just ask!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Muggzy For This Useful Post:
BR549 (06-22-11), gerwin (06-25-11), HighFunctioning (06-25-11), speculative (06-22-11)
Old 06-22-11, 05:02 PM
ADDvanced Member

slugger will become famous soon enough
Re: Evernote, something cool I found

Cool. I'll have to check it out for my iphone.
Thanks!
Old 06-22-11, 05:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 12,149 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute

I just downloaded it to my iPhone. I can't wait to use it! Thanks for the tip!

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-11, 06:51 PM
Contributor

speculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nicespeculative is just really nice

Evernote is a handy app; I've used it since the beginning of this year, and it has helped a lot. I've tried a few others like Colornote and Cozi, but Colornote didn't have cloud storage and Cozi just seemed to complicated for what I really needed. I really Evernote's audio storage and compression capabilities. It's helped me capture song ideas, and I've also taken notes in meetings with it...
Old 06-22-11, 08:36 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Pamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud of

sweet. I'm downloading it for my MacBook Pro right now. I'm almost always on my computer so we'll see how it goes!

I don't know, I just work here.
Old 06-23-11, 12:51 PM
ADDvanced Member

slugger will become famous soon enough

Just had to come back and say it's awesome! I was even able to install on my work pc, which is great because they have the admin set up so tight here that I can hardly install anything.
Only been using it for an hour, but it looks great so far!
Old 06-25-11, 10:40 AM

turbo3ltr will become famous soon enough

Ive been using evernote for a long time now. Couldn't recommend it more. I tell NT people about it but for some reason they don't seem to think this is the best program ever like I do.

My primary interest when I first saw it was that I love brainstorming on whiteboards, but then I can't save what I wrote unless you have one of those really expensive electronic whiteboards. With evernote, you can take a picture of the whiteboard, paste it into evernote and magically it allows you to search on what you wrote.

Here I searched for "marketing" and it was able to read my chicken scratch.
http://www.digitaltuning.com/xd9/evernote.png

(You can see, in 2007, I was still trying figure out ways to compensate for my lack of focus, thinking it was just bad habits)

Some of the mobile versions allow you to take a picture with your phone and save it to evernote. The fact that you can search on the text in the picture is just incredible.

Overall I find it an excellent central place to keep just about anything I want/need to remember but don't necessarily have a good place to put that information where I'll find it again.

It's AWESOME for research. I find myself researching things on the web but then I may get distracted with another project. Then if I come back, I end up doing the same research again. Instead, the first time I do the research, I clip the info I find into evernote and it's there when i need it next time. Evernote has excellent "clipping" features that allow you to highlight sections of a web page, including pictures, and paste it right into a note. So even if the page goes away, you still have a copy. You can also take screen shots using the printscreen key.

I keep all my passwords in there (it allows you to encrypt text within a note using strong blowfish encryption) And the fact that it automatically syncs across all platforms is awesome. If I make a note at work, it's instantly available on my home computer. I run it at home, at work, and on my Palm Pre. They also have web access. It's great having access to all that data no matter where I am.

Most recently I started using it to keep a log of supplement experiments I'm testing on myself to see if any particular one helps my focus.

I use it daily. It's a great organizational tool.
The Following User Says Thank You to turbo3ltr For This Useful Post:
speculative (06-25-11)
Old 06-25-11, 07:58 PM

turbo3ltr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by speculative View Post
I really Evernote's audio storage and compression capabilities. It's helped me capture song ideas, and I've also taken notes in meetings with it...
Wow I didn't even know it can store audio!