ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 06-24-11, 09:50 AM

Obfuscated is on a distinguished road
Recommended Diet while on adderall?

What would be the recommended Diet while taking adderall?

I am 23 years old and lost a lot of weight after a year taking it. However due to the weight loss and the lack of a proper diet, I feel like my body is starting to show signs of Malnutrition such as clear hair-loss. Top of my head is really thinned out.

I tried getting off of adderall but easier said than done. My only other alternative is to stick to a strict diet where I actually eat 3 square meals, but that is also easier said than done.

I really do need to go see a dietician but they are costly and I can't exactly afford to do so.

I would love to hear what people have done to try to maintain 3 meals a day that are not junk food, I can eat junk food that is easy...

I would especially like to hear from others who have experienced hair loss , but didn't quit to fix it. I think my hair loss is simply because I am not eating properly and am not eating enough food to match the higher metabolism.
Old 06-24-11, 12:31 PM

Anthony121 is on a distinguished road
Re: Recommended Diet while on adderall?

You should try doing Cardio.. Cardio will help blood go to your head and hair giving your hair more oxygen helping it grow.. eating better will help also..
Old 06-24-11, 12:38 PM

nolagirl70 is on a distinguished road

do you eat out alot or cook? easy food that are not fast food include baked chicken salads, anything NOT fried...etc.
just stay away from the value meals...IF you have to hit a drive thru...do a baked chicken sandwich without mayo or taco bell bean burrito wo cheese.....or subway...you've seen jarad!! lol.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-11, 12:44 PM
Contributor

Canuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to allCanuck223 is a name known to all

Google is your friend here. Search on-line and figure out what your body mass index should be. (Your height and body build, plus look at your relatives.)

From there, google how many calories you need to consume to maintain the weight you should be.

My guess is that if you are looking malnurished, you are under eating, particularly in protein. If you like eggs, one quick and easy fix is to pound back as many egg whites as you can stomache. Every grocery store will have the cartons of egg whites by the eggs. They are cheap, and nearly pure protein. Fried in an omlette, or simply microwaved like scrambled eggs, they are a cheap and nutritious way to bulk up your protein intake.

A 500 ml carton makes 2 massive omlettes and is barely 300 calories.

I believe the dietitians suggest 15-20% of your daily calories come from protein.

Another good source if you need to gain weight or control your intake is peanut butter. Loaded in protein, but unfortunately also loaded in fat and sodium. You'll need to keep that in mind. Sodium isn't your enemy, and neither is fat, but you have to be wary about your intake of both, so watch and read the labels.

In your shoes, I'd take a good long term look at my schedule, and plan a menu for the week around the number of calories you need to keep at your ideal weight. Plan ahead, and try and account for the holes in your schedule where eating at home or bringing a meal isn't an option. Sometimes you have to eat out, but when you can see it coming, you can also think of good options.