ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips > Miscellaneous Resources and Tools
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Miscellaneous Resources and Tools Discuss miscellaneous resources and tools.

Old 09-04-04, 03:38 PM
Contributor

aforceforgood is on a distinguished road
Good Pill Hider / Disguisers?

I recently got a tiny tin of altoids breath strips from Big Lots (for only 99 cents), which is very slick for hiding pills in as you can slip them in between the breath strips and no one will notice them even if they were to open it (it takes a good 6-10 flicks of the thing to get them to slide back out, less as you use up the breath strips I would imagine).

I have decided not to tell anyone I am ADD besides friends and family, so I need to hide them at work and take them in the bathroom. Previous to the tin, I would break them in half so the pieces were less likely to slide out of my pocket.

What good ways have you found to hide / disguise pills?

The ritalin I take dissolves very easily, so I guess I could dissolve them in water too...

A champion is someone who gets up, even when they can't.

My brain is like a big-block hemi with transmission problems...

Contact me using odigo, available free at odigo.com, search for THEMAILMAN -currently there are 4, I'm the one with all caps
Old 09-05-04, 12:51 AM
Banned

waywardclam is on a distinguished road
BEWARE! If discovered, someone may assume you are abusing drugs...
Old 09-05-04, 12:54 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

jaimegerise has disabled reputation
Good point clammo.....

Ack, I was gonna say that just because someone sees you taking them doesn't mean that they have to know what it is and that it's not their business...but that could get the same response as clam said....
Old 09-05-04, 07:42 PM
ADDvanced Member

Onwari is on a distinguished road
I just keep mine in my pocket. They are in my pocket alone. I keep my money on the other side.

Once I forgot which pocket I was using and shoved some bills in my pill pocket. I was standing in line to pay for something and I pulled my bills out. My vitamins, and meds went all over the floor. I was so embarrassed.
Old 09-05-04, 09:12 PM

Thanked 3,318 Times in 1,328 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
I carry a black film roll canister with my medicine in it, I got the idea from a friend/coworker over the summer. In my room, I keep all my meds in a box of vocab cards: if anyone wanted to thief them, even if they knew I took them, they'd have a hard time finding them.

I agree with you not wanting to tell people, I'm currently having problems with that myself.
Old 09-05-04, 10:55 PM

RmCL is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onwari
I just keep mine in my pocket. They are in my pocket alone. I keep my money on the other side.

Once I forgot which pocket I was using and shoved some bills in my pill pocket. I was standing in line to pay for something and I pulled my bills out. My vitamins, and meds went all over the floor. I was so embarrassed.
Okay...hijacking thread....I left a check for 50 dollars in my pocket last Friday and washed the pants. I am too embarrassed to ask the person to rewrite the check. I guess I am going to have to though because they are going to wonder why I didn't.

I have a secret pocket in my purse for my vivaren. I only take my adderall once a day so I don't carry those.
Old 09-06-04, 01:49 AM
Contributor

Well, they'd have to follow me into the bathroom stall to see me taking them, so that's not really an issue...

Friday I took a wad of bills out of my hip pocket and put them in my shirt breast pocket and proceeded to fish around in my hip pocket looking for my pill- without success... then looked down and saw it sitting on top of the wad of bills in my breast pocket! Yipe. Fortunately, no one saw it.

And yes, the tension holding the pills in the Altoids container does decrease as you use up the breath strips. As one would logically expect. Duh. I confirmed this by flicking it and having the three pills in there come flying out. I would recommend a flick that results in the open portion of the tin coming to rest against the palm with no available space for the pills to fly everywhere, then using gentler taps to dislodge the pill that is now at the open end ready to slide out from between the breath strips. Still a great container tho.

Contact me using odigo, available free at odigo.com, search for THEMAILMAN -currently there are 4, I'm the one with all caps
Old 09-07-04, 05:15 PM
ADDvanced Member

Alexa is on a distinguished road
Since I suffer from 'Bag Lady Syndrome' in addition to ADD In other words, even though I live about a mile from work I stuff every possible thing in my HUGE purses, tote bag, etc.. that I may need to survive for at least 2 wks whenever I leave the house. I don't like packing med bottles around so I keep mine in one of the little white cylinder things that trial sizes of Aleve or Tylenol come in. Very portable, inconspicuous, secure lid, and just the right size to keep a good supply of my meds, and a couple ibuprophen handy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alexa For This Useful Post:
yellowflowers (04-07-13)
Old 09-07-04, 06:39 PM
ADDvanced Member

sLiPpY is on a distinguished road
www.vitaminshoppe.com has some really nice "vitamin organizers" says so right on the box! *winks*
Old 09-08-04, 12:39 AM
Contributor

You mean like this one? That's no pill organizer, that's a freakin tackle box. If you need this many pills organized, you got bigger problems than people knowing you take medication.

in fact, they probably should know you take meds, because the odds are good that if you're taking that many meds you're gonna have some kind of detrimental drug interaction...

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/browse/sku_detail.jhtml;$sessionid$0J2VAVSRFJAP4CQUAOYCM4 QKCQB00GXK?SkuID=5663&BreadCrumbType=SearchResult
Attached Images
File Type: gif va-1004.gif (8.2 KB, 9 views)

Old 09-08-04, 04:51 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa
Since I suffer from 'Bag Lady Syndrome' in addition to ADD In other words, even though I live about a mile from work I stuff every possible thing in my HUGE purses, tote bag, etc.. that I may need to survive for at least 2 wks whenever I leave the house. I don't like packing med bottles around so I keep mine in one of the little white cylinder things that trial sizes of Aleve or Tylenol come in. Very portable, inconspicuous, secure lid, and just the right size to keep a good supply of my meds, and a couple ibuprophen handy.
I suspect a lot of ADDers cope with forgetfulness by lugging around all the things they might possibly need... my problem (well, one of them anyway) is that as I get older, I find more and more things that would be handy to have readily available... I didn't expect that I would use the headband flashlight as much as I do, but now that is in my backpack at all times... (available at harbor freight or harborfreight.com for $1.50 when on sale, about $2.50 when not, and works well, despite the crazy low price for those who are into such things)

I've already determined that I love my van because it has SO much storage space- at this rate, my daily-use car will eventually be a motorhome in about 20 years or so...

Old 09-08-04, 09:37 AM

gabriela will become famous soon enough
i think this one's pretty cool!
http://www.seavergifts.com/forher/pillcase.html

these are okay, too!
http://www.tabletorganizers.com/item2.htm
http://www.tabletorganizers.com/item2.htm

and so are these!
http://www.bluffcitywholesale.com/pi...organizers.htm

"come to the edge,' he said. they said: 'we are afraid.' 'come to the edge.' they came. he pushed them...and they flew."
(apollinaire)

"what do we know but that we face one another in this place?"
(yeats)

Last edited by gabriela; 09-08-04 at 09:52 AM..
Old 09-08-04, 11:59 AM
ADDvanced Member

sLiPpY is on a distinguished road
lol...yep that is a frickn' tackle box. However they've got much "less" than that...to choose from.

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/search/...&pt=Pill+Cases
Old 09-10-04, 02:28 PM

vermillion is on a distinguished road
I just swallow them in front of people.Nobody asked what it is for???
sco7tt (05-15-11)
Old 09-14-04, 11:22 PM
Extradimensional Moderator

HighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant futureHighFunctioning has a brilliant future
It would be possible for one to place his or her medication in a bottle marked as something different. Maybe an old perscription bottle (for an accepted condition, like allergies)? Claritin? (I'd imagine Claritin and your med may look similar). I'd say use over-the-counter, but then you wouldn't have as much of an excuse if someone else asked for one as it is not perscription. Just an idea . . .
Disclaimer: none of the posts on this forum should be taken as medical advice. Optimally, always seek the opinion of multiple experienced professionals, note any discrepancies, and use your best judgment, as well as research, to determine what is true, untrue, and neither (opinion).