ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-11, 07:15 AM
The Social Committee LIVES

Thanked 17,723 Times in 8,885 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute
Can I say...

on the open forum that "I feel Member X dislikes me" ?

Is that within guidelines?

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 07-09-11, 07:26 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,661 Times in 787 Posts
Simenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant future
Re: Can I say...

I'm not an expert but I don't think you can put it that way. I got in deep do do and I didn't even mention a name specifically.
Old 07-09-11, 07:56 AM
Forum ADDvocate

gerwin is just really nicegerwin is just really nicegerwin is just really nicegerwin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi2010 View Post
on the open forum that "I feel Member X dislikes me" ?

Is that within guidelines?
Can't be me

but maybe PM member X and ask about it?
Raoul Duke: One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

I say no to drugs, but they donít listen.
G.
The Following User Says Thank You to gerwin For This Useful Post:
Turbochica (07-11-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-11, 07:58 AM

Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

No, I want Moderator Input

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Old 07-09-11, 07:59 AM
Forum ADDvocate

gerwin is just really nicegerwin is just really nicegerwin is just really nicegerwin is just really nice

errrhm pm a moderator about the behavior of member x?
Raoul Duke: One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. (Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas)

G.
Turbochica (07-11-11)
Old 07-09-11, 08:00 AM

It's a hypothetical.

Not in reference to a specific member. I'm looking for a general rule.

Old 07-09-11, 08:02 AM
Forum ADDvocate

well, why didn't you say so :P

G.
Abi (07-09-11)
Old 07-09-11, 08:53 AM
Contributor

stoph276 is a jewel in the roughstoph276 is a jewel in the roughstoph276 is a jewel in the rough

As long as its Gerwin its ok
Old 07-09-11, 09:09 AM
can't remember diddly

Thanked 6,055 Times in 3,094 Posts
EYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond repute

We prefer that that is not done by name.

1. It's a private issue, the other person more than likely doesn't want their name mentioned in that context so that your friends will rally around you and s/he would feel shunned.

2. We of all people know what it's like to feel rejected, pointed at, made fun of... it'll creep into this forum, but something this blatant would overtake it.

3. I'd put it under the following guidelines, it is really discourteous and nothing good will come of it:

Quote:
*Treat your fellow members with courtesy (especially if you disagree with them).

Quote:
* While forums are meant for debate, flaming or forcing your opinions on other members without regard to their feelings is uncalled for. This does not mean that you can't post sensitive issues or get into heated debates; it just means you have to use some common sense and courtesy when posting your opinions/views/debates. People intentionally posting to create flame wars will be dealt with by the moderators or administrators through warnings and bans as they see fit.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to EYEFORGOT For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (07-11-11), Andi (09-07-11), Blueranne (07-27-11), Turbochica (07-11-11)
Old 07-09-11, 04:44 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Brob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simenora View Post
I'm not an expert but I don't think you can put it that way. I got in deep do do and I didn't even mention a name specifically.
Yeah, well saying Brob(3-1) is a smelly old f@rt was cutting just a little close to home

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall
Nelson Mandela

The Following User Says Thank You to Brob2 For This Useful Post:
Simenora (07-11-11)
Old 07-10-11, 09:03 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,056 Times in 578 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

To further reinforce what Eyeforgot posted (and thank you to the member for originally asking this question), I encourage our members to refresh their memories when it comes to all of our guidelines. As it pertains to this topic, I would like to highlight a few additional points from the guidelines (color highlights are mine):

Quote:
*Please remember that ADD Forums is a place for support. All members should feel comfortable at ADD Forums!

*Please be respectful to one another. People come from all different backgrounds and many have different ideas and views on different issues.

*Treat your fellow members with courtesy (especially if you disagree with them).

*Treating staff members with disrespect is grounds for suspension/banning.

*Avoid the use of foul language, flaming members, discrimination and spam. This includes posts and private messaging. If you choose not to follow the etiquette rules/guidelines, your posts may be edited or simply closed with warnings by the moderators. If warnings are not followed, it could lead to a permanent ban depending on the severity.
Only YOU can control your own forums environment. Please remember that you can temporarily or permanently ignore them! (UserCP>UserLists>Ignore User).

Thanks!

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (07-11-11), Andi (09-07-11), Blueranne (07-27-11), LynneC (10-25-11), Turbochica (07-11-11)
Old 07-10-11, 09:57 PM

Thanked 10,080 Times in 3,172 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation

Does this kinda sorta mean like...

Member WXYZ : "I think Member ABC is a tool."

Member RS-TUV : "No. It's really Member DEF who blows goats."

Member G-HIJK : "Wait. This is really total Bull Sheet."

Ditto on that.

tc

mctavish23

(Robert)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mctavish23 For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (07-11-11), Turbochica (07-11-11)
Old 07-10-11, 10:07 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,056 Times in 578 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctavish23 View Post
Does this kinda sorta mean like...

Member WXYZ : "I think Member ABC is a tool."

Member RS-TUV : "No. It's really Member DEF who blows goats."

Member G-HIJK : "Wait. This is really total Bull Sheet."

Ditto on that.

tc

mctavish23

(Robert)

lol...Yes McT, exactly like that.

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andrew For This Useful Post:
mctavish23 (07-11-11), Turbochica (07-11-11)
Old 07-11-11, 06:51 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoph276 View Post
As long as its Gerwin its ok
It's all good

G.
mctavish23 (07-16-11)