ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-11, 09:18 PM
Jr Member

'thought knot is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up New from Crofton MD

Ok. SO I'm here. I've been on my way for a long time now. I'm 53. Married 29 good years. One daughter-married. One dog---Zach.

I spent the last hour or so reading through the forum posts before I found the New Members Forum. I was especially interested a thread in the Adult Members Forum---about crazy stuff folks do when they're in the "zone." From the very first post, I knew I was where I belonged. But calling it the "zone" sounds too impersonal for me. I mean, I'm it a lot of the time. Mostly I get there by accident. It's kind of a friendly quiet place, no distractions and few voices. And even I'm quite. It's kind of like taking a short holiday without getting off the bus. Do you remember Arlo Guthrie's song---Alices's Restaurant? If you're around my age you would. I call my "zone" moments; my "Off the side of as ide road" moments.

I just have to remember that there's another 50' drop and another pile of trash.

I look forward to listening and learning from you all.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 'thought knot For This Useful Post:
Bluerose (07-29-11), Nifferka (08-01-11)
Old 07-29-11, 05:43 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,337 Times in 1,909 Posts
Bluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond reputeBluerose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New from Crofton MD

Old 07-29-11, 01:52 PM

Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,189 Posts
buddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant future

Hello & welcome to the forums!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-11, 06:20 AM

Thanked 1,612 Times in 790 Posts
Nifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud ofNifferka has much to be proud of

We listen to Alice's Restaurant every year at Thanksgiving--just the first half, though. The bit about the draft isn't so great for kids--what with all the talk about mother stabbers and father rapers and eating dead, burnt bodies....

But yeah, off the side of a side road...

After nearly 10 years in the former USSR, the UK seems like a foreign country. I don't know who I'm meant to be or what I'm meant to do. So, at least some things haven't changed...
Ninja posts!
Old 08-02-11, 07:47 AM
Jr Member

'thought knot is on a distinguished road

Arlo Guthie's lyrics are not too disimilar than mine when describing something which I otherwise would have thought to be a revolutionary idea...

... his apparent inability to keep his pen from drifting from the main objective of his words into diatribe must have taken away from the sound and otherwise convincing arguments that he advanced. —Henry Petroski, Engineers of Dreams, 1995