ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-11, 07:34 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,266 Times in 7,341 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
what can I take when my adderall runs out?

My curious cat likes to sleep in cabinets. She knocked my adderall bottle off the microwave and the lid must have been loose. Needless to say I had soggy dissolved adderall in my sink. I'm not do for a refill for 2weeks. Besides fish oil is there anything else I can take that would help?

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-01-11, 11:16 AM

Thanked 9,632 Times in 5,262 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: what can I take when my adderall runs out?

Take the pills to the pharmacist and explain what happened,and they'll call the dr.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (08-01-11)
Old 08-01-11, 11:30 AM

AddledSquirrel will become famous soon enough

You might be able to get a refill especially if you've never had one before. Worth a shot.

Failing that - when I was a teenager (undiagnosed) I would self medicate before a test by taking No-Doz.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-11, 12:40 PM

Thanked 9,632 Times in 5,262 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

The nters are very critical of us when it comes to losing meds things etc.They dont understand how easy it is or hard for us rather to keep track of things.I had lost my meds a few years back,honest to a t w the dr.She looked at me like I was handing them out like candy,she asked me if I was handing them out.Talked to me like I was a idiot too.Who the hell gives anti depressants out that arent even addictive. Hell Id throw em out before I gave em away.
Old 08-01-11, 01:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,166 Times in 555 Posts
selita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud ofselita has much to be proud of

Didn't that just happen to you recently? You've really gotta find a better place to stash this stuff. Or keep your pills in a waterproof container, maybe a peanut butter jar?

There are "energy" supplements in the vitamin section of the drug store, you might find something there. Probably nothing as effective though.
Old 08-01-11, 01:57 PM
ADDvanced Member

abk1337 will become famous soon enough

Go to a vitaminn shoppe and buy a thermogenic. I prefer oxyelite pro. Take one in morning and one later on and if you work night and day take a third.

It's similar to adderall. (not chemistry wise but effect wise)
Old 08-01-11, 02:01 PM
Jr Member

iJuston is on a distinguished road

I ran out my adderall and have been calling doc for two days now. I am sceduled to wrok tonight, and I am afraid of having another "behavior problem" and get myself fired.
Old 08-01-11, 02:27 PM
ADDvanced Member

Have some self control, you'll be fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to abk1337 For This Useful Post:
iJuston (08-01-11)
Old 08-01-11, 03:07 PM

Thanked 16,266 Times in 7,341 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Well the pharmacy was full of innuendo so I dropped it. I never expected my cat to manage this one but the poor thing is deaf and senile. I won't go to doc for it as much as she likes me its just her policy

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 08-01-11, 03:10 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Pamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud ofPamplemousse has much to be proud of

Some energy drinks help. Monster and Red Bull are really the only two that work for me though.

Some have mass amounts of caffeine and I read somewhere that 100mg of caffeine is almost equivalent to 5mg of Ritalin...but not quite. A regular monster energy has something like 160mg of caffeine or something, and a whole bunch of "focus enhancing" supplements. Whatever, works a little for me on days I don't take my Ritalin.

Who has two thumbs, speaks limited French and has ADHD? This moi.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pamplemousse For This Useful Post:
iJuston (08-01-11)
Old 08-01-11, 03:22 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,663 Times in 788 Posts
Simenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant futureSimenora has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk1337 View Post
Have some self control, you'll be fine.
That sounds awfully NT abk. Can you go run around the block a few times Sarah? It would be a good time to take that 12 mile hike up the side of the mountain... but don't forget the bug spray, sunscreen........and don't forget to not forget...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simenora For This Useful Post:
iJuston (08-01-11), sarahsweets (08-01-11)
Old 08-01-11, 03:34 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simenora View Post
That sounds awfully NT abk. Can you go run around the block a few times Sarah? It would be a good time to take that 12 mile hike up the side of the mountain... but don't forget the bug spray, sunscreen........and don't forget to not forget...
An energy drink + what simenora said == success
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abk1337 For This Useful Post:
425runner (08-03-11), iJuston (08-01-11)
Old 08-01-11, 07:07 PM
ADDvanced Member

BalanceisKey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk1337 View Post
Go to a vitaminn shoppe and buy a thermogenic. I prefer oxyelite pro. Take one in morning and one later on and if you work night and day take a third.

It's similar to adderall. (not chemistry wise but effect wise)
this.......spirodex works ok also( These are the only things even close to the effect of adderall )
Old 08-01-11, 07:57 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,056 Times in 514 Posts
Hyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant future

Oh my I'm so sorry really as I fellow ADHDer I know how tough it is to be without your meds. Maybe next time your doc could double up you dose so you'd have enough for two months.No one with ADHD who feels they needs meds should have to go without them. When I can't relax at all.I'll just pop my Adderall That's right I got ADHD.LOL

Last edited by Hyperman87; 08-01-11 at 08:14 PM..
Old 08-01-11, 08:13 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,056 Times in 514 Posts
Hyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant futureHyperman87 has a brilliant future

You should get one of those weekly pill organisers and take out only what you need for the week stash the rest in a very safe cool place so they don't crumble apart due to the heat or water coming in contact with them. But seriously Sarah I feel your pain I went three whole weeks with out Adderall a couple of months back because I was being stupid and impulsive,felt that I couldn't take the side-effects and flushed what was left of the Adderall I had afterward knowing about the nationwide Adderall shortage and how hard it had been for me to get any ADHD meds period for like 8 years of battling with the insurance companies over prior authorization, Doctors not wanting to prescribe I could not believe just because of a few side effects I would do something so stupid and at the time it was intentional.Within 24 hours I felt miserable because outside of few side-effects things were better than they'd been for me in many years. So now I do a much better job of taking care of my meds and working with my doc so I don't get frustrated because of side-effects.I've been on Adderall now almost every day for about 2 months.

Last edited by Hyperman87; 08-01-11 at 08:26 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hyperman87 For This Useful Post:
JavaJunkie37 (02-27-14), kgloverii (08-03-11)
Closed Thread