ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 09-24-11, 06:01 PM
ADDvanced Member

ADHD0905 will become famous soon enough
First Dose of Intuniv with Adderall XR

Already on Adderall XR, tonight I started my first dose of Intuniv. No tired feeling yet, fingers crossed the Adderall helps combat the somnolence I keep reading about!!
Old 09-24-11, 08:27 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice
Re: First Dose of Intuniv with Adderall XR

Keep us posted
Old 09-24-11, 08:49 PM
ADDvanced Member

Definitely, so far not too bad. I'm not really tired but it hasn't quite hit the 6 hour peak yet. I'm also on Adderall XR so I'm hoping that alleviates this horrible sleepiness I read about in a few posts on here.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-11, 11:47 PM

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

Yeah,
I felt pretty good at first, it did help my working memory. Not sure so hard to evaluate meds sometimes.
Old 09-24-11, 11:53 PM
ADDvanced Member

It's about at it's 5-6 hour peak now and I'm a little tired, but not too bad. Nothing like I can't function or anything which is a good way to start since it's the lowest dose. Unfortunately I have work/school usually 7 days a week so having it half knock me out while I get used to it would be bad. We'll see how the other doses go.

When you used it, what else were you on? Yeah I found out early that the effects aren't too easy for me to tell. I'm just going to go by if others see a change and if my habits improve and impulse/hyper behaviors decrease.

I'm hoping it helps my working memory and my calms my rapid speech down. Don't know if that'll work but I guess we'll see. My hope is that it helps enough that I can get my Adderall dose down. Since I'm already at a high dosage in a month I don't have anywhere to go once I start building up a tolerance.
Old 09-25-11, 12:21 AM

I wouldnt worry about that yet. I am slim and athletic but I had a sleep study done and have sleep apnea. So I was already tired. I think it did help my stimulants work better, just slit calmer, but the tiredness did come... I am thinking about trying provigil with my stims
Old 09-25-11, 10:00 AM
ADDvanced Member

Little tired this morning but not too bad, although I'm starting to realize that sometimes my meds slowing me down feels like tired to me. If you try the provigil let me know how you make out!
Old 09-25-11, 01:04 PM

Yeah, I am already tired in the mornings from apnea. Nobody caught because i am fit. I liked intuniv only because it kept my mind on track . My biggest issue is staying on point. Seems my mind jumps around when I cannot focus. I simply cannot risk any increase in morning fatigue
Old 09-25-11, 01:12 PM
ADDvanced Member

Yeah I know what you mean. Did they give you the device to wear at night for your apnea? What stims are you on? I'm on Adderall 40mg XR twice a day. I don't feel a lot different but a couple people said they noticed a difference so I'm assuming it's working. I'm just wondering if anything would work better. I don't get any side effect from the Adderall except decreased appettite (no heart racing/jittery feeling) which is great, just makes me nervous already taking such a high dose, especially since I'll be kind of screwed if I become tolerant.
Old 09-25-11, 03:49 PM

I am on concerta and wellbutrin. I have a masters degree and I know my brain works , just hard getting it to with consistency since college. I take a large dose as well , I imagine sleep and allergies play into it. Not much you can do regarding tolerance except hope your augments provide mire base relief so u can ease off your dose when needed. I take about the same as you on adderall too, it's not really uncommon. I suspect there are carryover metabolic issues plus some generalized anxiety. It's worse since I gave been so tired with this apnea. Yeah, been on a machine 3 weeks now
Old 09-25-11, 06:30 PM
ADDvanced Member

Yeah same here, I'm in a masters program now too, thats what prompted me to get treatment. I'm figure I'll just keep my fingers crossed and see where it goes lol. Hopefully you're sleep will get better after you're on the apnea machine for a while. If not I hope provigil works for you!
Old 09-26-11, 07:56 PM
ADDvanced Member

Well, yesterday was the second day I took the Intuniv, I took it at around 3 to hope that when it peaks at 5-6 hours it would be near bedtime. I did wake up dizzy this morning. It wasn't bad enough that I couldn't do anything, I just had to do things slowly. It did go away after my Adderall kicked in. I didn't notice the slowed feeling today, I'm wondering if I might have to take it in the morning. I just don't want to be half asleep in the middle of my clinical day, that would not be good!! We'll see how tomorrow goes!
Old 09-27-11, 12:46 AM

I would take it later like your doing keep us posted. I am trying cymbalta since i seem to ruminate.
Old 09-28-11, 12:54 AM
ADDvanced Member

OK, third day waking up with Intuniv, not as dizzy today, barely at all. I did notice though that I didn't have as much of the calm effect also though. I took it a little earlier today around 1. I figure I'm going to slowly increase how early I take it to see when that tired feeling hits or if it goes away. Got somewhat of the calm feeling, a little tired but not too bad, not enough that I would fall asleep. I think the key to not being overtired while taking it is the addition of the stimulants. I never felt the stimulant effects of my Adderall, but I notice when I take them closer together Im less tired so I"m assuming it's the stimulant part. They say it takes a few weeks for your body to adjust and and get up to the right dosage so we'll see. I don't notice anything different now but again it's only day 3. Right now I'm still just frustrated that even on 80mg of Adderall XR a day and now trying this, I still can't seem to focus on anything for a given period of time. Really screwing with my college work
Old 09-28-11, 12:55 AM
ADDvanced Member

Good luck with the Cymbalta!