ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-12, 08:31 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 15,300 Times in 7,226 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Geomagnetic storms and ADHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCDtoo View Post
Lunacie, there was a lot going on 'geomagnetically' Monday night...

Space Weather Archives (Click on 'Currently in Effect'):
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/alerts/archive.html#2006

Space Weather - Sunspot Page (search for whatever date you're looking for in the upper right corner):
http://spaceweather.com/

Space Weather Now:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SWN/index.html

Today's Space Weather:
http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/today2.html
Thank you for those links! (added to favorites list)

The geomagnetic rate has been high for nearly the whole past month. I
wonder if this has any effect on the weather here on earth? We've
already had tornados in our area and on to the east of Kansas, not
unheard of for February, but not common either. And the meteorologists
are saying the storm season carries a high risk for the next few months.
Hmm/
Old 03-01-12, 07:38 PM

Thanked 7,103 Times in 3,679 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

I have three separate solar wind apps on my Android mobile phone.

SpaceWX is by far the most detailed. It gets data from many sources.

3D Sun is what I use because of the updated data reports of the Sun in an interactive map. March 1st was busy.

I use this Australian Meteorology site too: http://www.ips.gov.au/Solar/1/5
You have to dig around a bit to find what you're looking for.

I feel like crap today. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but on the days of solar activity it's either raining or overcast and it just won't stop raining.
Old 03-04-12, 12:11 PM

OCDtoo is on a distinguished road

Thank you for that link! I check all of these websites daily, so the more info the better. The last several days I've felt horrible (yellow bar yesterday) - even this morning I felt lousy. Clenching like crazy! But then around ? maybe 9am or 10 am? I started to feel much better. The clenching calmed down considerably and my head no longer felt like it was about to explode.

I just logged on now to see what changed. Sure enough, that monster sunspot (with a beta-gamma magnetic field) gave off a Type IV and 10cm radio event. Also, an electron flux shortly thereafter. And this is precisely when I started feeling better (during the radio events).

I've been trying to decipher the graphs in that one link for a while now (I have it posted again below) - the 'Today's Space Weather' link. One thing I noticed through observation was that when the blue line in the Satellite Environment Plot graph (Electron Flux) reaches the dotted line, that means there's been an 'electron flux'. I used to have a link which indicated exactly what that blue line meant - I think it may indicate solar wind 'density'? - but I forget now?

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/today2.html

One other thing I've noticed with that blue line is that whenever it would tighten up and go zig-zag, that's when several of my seizures occurred. It hasn't done that though since February of 2010. That wasn't my only seizure trigger, but it was definitely one of them. Pretty neat, huh?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-12, 12:47 PM

I'm sorry -I think I may have goofed. I believe February of 2011 was the last time that (blue) electron flux line tightened up and went zig-zag, not February of 2010. I can't even remember now, but I know it was in February. Like I said, this was one seizure trigger of mine.
Old 03-04-12, 06:13 PM

fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute

I've had seizures lately too and my mood has been especially gloomy. Sometimes it genuinely feels like real anger toward people but I usually have a better grasp of it.

Wow, I haven't seen a Type II event let alone a Type IV in ages. I suppose these might be happening north a the equator?

I think I need to bone up on my heliophysics. The site I linked had a good help page. I've got some PDF's somewhere too that go into a bit of detail.

I hope the next solar storm is visible in the sky, as in Aurora. Every time this happens it's overcast though.
Old 03-06-12, 09:17 AM

A lot is going on with the sun today - did you see? Full halo CMEs, X-flares, you name it. I always feel horrible when an A>20 alert appears, though I've still no idea what this alert means.

Right now I'm on Lamictal for my seizures, and so far they seem to be under control, though I'm not sure this medication has helped my moods any. I used to have atonics though ('drop attacks'). I often wondered if a 'sudden impulse' or an 'electron flux' or something similar might have triggered my atonics? It would be interesting to research for sure.
Old 03-06-12, 06:07 PM

I've had one atonic seizure. I had some drinks the night before but not many. Red wine is like a big no-no for seizures. Particularly if thinking about the word makes you smell it.

I've not felt too sluggish lately so maybe I'll be experiencing some hyperness soon. But I'm going through my cycle so I don't know if it's the solar flares or that. I always get sluggish then hyperactive, all around the time of the full moon too, ha!
Old 03-07-12, 11:25 PM

So hyper last night.

An X5 class solar flare just erupted too and they say will reach Earth in an hour.
Old 03-08-12, 08:48 AM

Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

I think the new anti-depression/anxiety meds are working already, haven't
noticed any restlessness or jitters since I started taking it.

Woke up to snow on the ground here this morning - sounds funny
following a solar flare eh?
Old 03-09-12, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I think the new anti-depression/anxiety meds are working already, haven't
noticed any restlessness or jitters since I started taking it.

Woke up to snow on the ground here this morning - sounds funny
following a solar flare eh?
I think I want to strange social media for taking such an interest in this - for all the wrong reasons. Can't wait for the next doom day theory to prop up next year. I bet it's about an asteroid.

Sorry, I think that solar flare is affecting me.

I took a big dose of Ritalin yesterday because of pms issues. Itw as a test and then I ended up...er...kinda high. I never intended it to happen but it did and I'll never take that much again. Autism...sensitive to medication.

I was only a bit hyper though in bed my mind was just coming up with all these ideas. My niece and what seemed like 50 million friends were partying til 1am and I couldn't sleep.

Strange thing is every time there's a solar flare the weather here is overcast or stormy. It hasn't snowed here in like 10 zillion years.

I saw Mars last night. Sorry, must stop, hyper...
Old 03-09-12, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedstory View Post
I think I want to strange social media for taking such an interest in this - for all the wrong reasons. Can't wait for the next doom day theory to prop up next year. I bet it's about an asteroid.

Sorry, I think that solar flare is affecting me.

I took a big dose of Ritalin yesterday because of pms issues. Itw as a test and then I ended up...er...kinda high. I never intended it to happen but it did and I'll never take that much again. Autism...sensitive to medication.

I was only a bit hyper though in bed my mind was just coming up with all these ideas. My niece and what seemed like 50 million friends were partying til 1am and I couldn't sleep.

Strange thing is every time there's a solar flare the weather here is overcast or stormy. It hasn't snowed here in like 10 zillion years.

I saw Mars last night. Sorry, must stop, hyper...
Overcast and stormy here the night of the solar flare as well.
I never 'thought about whether that's a trend or not. Now that
you've planted the idea maybe I'll remember to take notice next time.
Old 03-09-12, 06:49 PM

I got to see some footage of a few US news channels and how they overreacted or created an overreaction to the solar flare. It just messed my brain up but didn't interfere with technology. My wifi connection always cuts out in stormy weather too so it won't much difference if a solar flare hit the power grid. I'd just draw all day if it did happen.

I want to see the Aurora so bad so I try to keep up to date with solar flares and every day they hit - OVERCAST!
The Following User Says Thank You to fracturedstory For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (03-11-12)
Old 03-09-12, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedstory View Post
I got to see some footage of a few US news channels and how they overreacted or created an overreaction to the solar flare. It just messed my brain up but didn't interfere with technology. My wifi connection always cuts out in stormy weather too so it won't much difference if a solar flare hit the power grid. I'd just draw all day if it did happen.

I want to see the Aurora so bad so I try to keep up to date with solar flares and every day they hit - OVERCAST!
An aurora is rarely visible this far south (Kansas). I've seen only one in my
61 years of life. Hang in there and keep watching!
Old 03-11-12, 11:05 PM
ADDvanced Member

arrested_truth has a spectacular aura aboutarrested_truth has a spectacular aura about

I'm in MN and it was cloudy skies at night for half of the time and slightly cloudy the rest... didn't see anything though
Old 03-12-12, 03:45 PM
Contributor

speculative is a jewel in the roughspeculative is a jewel in the roughspeculative is a jewel in the rough

I can't say for sure about the solar flares, because I've been sick and that always makes my meds less effective. However, I do know that the full moon and new moon do have a large impact on me. I am hyper and active on the full moon, and sluggish and more "down" on the new moon.