ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-04, 01:28 AM

willowmyst is on a distinguished road
No one warned me there'd be ADHD days like this!!!

The following was a (supposedly) funny forward I received some months ago. I shared it with several friends over time, and the resounding comment was that they experienced days like that from time to time. What struck me was that I was the ONLY one who lived like this on a day to day basis and I felt so....different...and I didn't think it was so humorous. Anyone else have days like this???

"Subject: A.A.A.D.D. Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder. This is how is manifests itself: I decide to wash my car. As I start toward to the garage, I notice that there is mail on the hall table. I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car. I lay my car keys down on the table, put the junk mail in the trash can under the table, and notice that the trash can is full. So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the trash first, but then I think that since I'm going to be near the mailbox when I take out the trash anyway, I may as well pay the bills first. I take my checkbook off the table and see that there is only one check left. My extra checks are in my desk in the study, so I go to my desk where I find the can of Coke that I had been drinking. I'm going to look for my checks, but first I need to push the Coke aside so that I don't accidentally knock it over. I see that the Coke is getting warm, and I decide I should put it in the refrigerator to keep it cold. As I head toward the kitchen with the Coke, a vase of flowers on the counter catches my eye--they need to be watered. I set the Coke down on the counter and I discover my reading glasses that I've been searching for all morning. I decide I'd better put them back on my desk, but first I'm going to water the flowers. I set the glasses back down on the counter, fill a container with water, and suddenly I spot the TV remote. Someone left it on the kitchen table. I realize that tonight, when we go to watch TV, we will be looking for the remote, but nobody will remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back in the den where it belongs, but first I'll water the flowers. I splash some water on the flowers, but most of it spills on the floor. So, I set the remote back down on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill. Then I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do. At the end of the day; the car isn't washed, the bills aren't paid, there is a warm can of Coke sitting on the counter, the flowers aren't watered, there is still only one check in my checkbook, I can't find the remote, I can't find my glasses, and I don't remember what I did with the car keys. Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all day long and I'm really tired. I realize this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail."

Last edited by Ian; 09-30-04 at 01:00 AM.. Reason: Title change to include ADHD
Old 09-25-04, 02:39 AM
ADDvanced Member

pinkie is on a distinguished road
Haha, I think it's funny but this is also me. I do this all the time in little spurts, so at least I usually come in a full circle to what I forgot and manage to get most of it done.

Time's fun when you're having flies.
- Kermit the Frog
Old 09-25-04, 03:39 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Kimalimah has a spectacular aura aboutKimalimah has a spectacular aura about
Me...standing in the basement....chanting "I know I wanted something here, why did I come down here, come on, come on, think, you came down here for a reason, look around maybe something will trigger it, hmmmm nothing - no lightbulbs go off, what were you doing upstairs...maybe that'll give you a clue...oh yeah, I was cooking dinner and thinking about what to wear tonight...DINNNER Ahhhhhhhh!

hee hee!
Old 09-25-04, 03:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Draga has disabled reputation
LOL Sound just like me tooo hehe!

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Old 12-14-04, 02:59 PM
Jr Member

RoseRed has disabled reputation
Every damn day.
Old 12-14-04, 05:09 PM

teddy is on a distinguished road
Talking

That's me... right to a capital ME...i am going to print that, then and maybe then some of my loved ones will understand why I can't find my darn keys. It's like this every day.. I thought this was just for MOTHERS...to act like this. It's me. So be it! I love me, so i am Never going to change