ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-11, 01:02 AM

user123 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy How come I dont get a lot of response to my questions? Do i need to reach a level?

I always see a lot of answer on others ppls post. Is my questions not shown to everyone. I'm sorry for complaining i just desperate for people's opinion cause i usually overthink stuff or "under" think stuff. Plus I don't feel comfortable talking about this to the people around me. Very very judgmental.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to user123 For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-29-11), BR549 (10-28-11), purpletexasgal (10-30-11)
Old 10-27-11, 01:13 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 7,906 Times in 4,070 Posts
fracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond reputefracturedstory has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How come I dont get a lot of response to my questions? Do i need to reach a level

I'm a compulsive replier but I must have missed your post.
What's up? as my friend says to me when she doesn't know what's going on in my mind.

I will admit that I do get into long back and forth conversations with regular posters because I feel we've developed a bond.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fracturedstory For This Useful Post:
BR549 (10-27-11), mctavish23 (10-27-11), namazu (10-27-11), peripatetic (10-14-12), user123 (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 01:25 AM

Thanked 12,146 Times in 7,190 Posts
BR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond reputeBR549 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How come I dont get a lot of response to my questions? Do i need to reach a level

Maybe it's the time of day? I know that certain times are busier than others.

I seem to miss the times Fractured and Tudorose are on, due to the time difference. I see their posts when I log on in the am, but they are usually gone by then.

Okay, that last bit was totally irrelevant....

"no talk
no, talk
Punctuation is important"
~Abi

Last edited by BR549; 10-27-11 at 01:48 AM..
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BR549 For This Useful Post:
buddy (10-27-11), mctavish23 (10-27-11), namazu (10-27-11), user123 (10-27-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-11, 01:37 AM
Forum Guru

Old School MBD has a spectacular aura aboutOld School MBD has a spectacular aura about

Everyone can see your questions.....but only a pyhicic can read your professors thoughts.....that's probably why few responcess........we just don't know.

If not too late ask to withdraw and get refund.....then go next quarter once medication stable

Typed on smart phone
namazu (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 02:50 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

PinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by user123 View Post
I always see a lot of answer on others ppls post. Is my questions not shown to everyone. I'm sorry for complaining i just desperate for people's opinion cause i usually overthink stuff or "under" think stuff. Plus I don't feel comfortable talking about this to the people around me. Very very judgmental.

Ive just had a look at all your old posts and the only reason I havent replied with any advice is because I am still in the process of being diagnosed myself and I havent been on any medications yet so therefore havent had any experiences or advice to give yet on that side of things.

I am sorry that you havent been getting the answers youve been seeking for and I understand how sometimes you could be constantly worried about something or at your wits end and all you want is some support and encouragement.

But I agree with one of the posters maybe noone really knows what to say and probably the best thing is to go and talk to your doctor about it. If you are anything like me you prob forget what to say when being in the doctors office so best to write a list when you think of questions and take the list into him/her and ask them about your concerns.

Sorry I couldnt give you much advice honey but I do hope you get things sorted.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PinkRoxy For This Useful Post:
BR549 (10-27-11), buddy (10-27-11), mctavish23 (10-27-11), Old School MBD (10-27-11), user123 (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 03:12 AM
I eat shades of red.

Thanked 22,073 Times in 9,331 Posts
Fortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond reputeFortune has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to read the forums via the "today's posts" link under "Quick Links" and I pick out what looks interesting. I don't try to avoid anyone, but I don't read a lot of threads, either.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fortune For This Useful Post:
Kimmy1 (10-28-11), pechemignonne (10-28-11), salleh (10-27-11), user123 (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 03:19 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

PinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to allPinkRoxy is a name known to all

I'm kind of the same since I dont have alot of time on my hands these days. I come on here then have to go and do something then come back quickly then come back and usually i dont have time to sit down and answer to every post like I use to do.
The Following User Says Thank You to PinkRoxy For This Useful Post:
user123 (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 04:31 AM
Contributor

DanaDane is a jewel in the roughDanaDane is a jewel in the roughDanaDane is a jewel in the rough

I just looked at your posted (did'nt see them earlier). I can't give an answer to any of them I think.
The numer of respondses depend (in my experience) on how many who can relate to the problem or who can give a usefull answer.

Adult female.
ADHD. Diagnosed twice in 2011.
Meds: Strattera.
GAD (depression)
Meds: Venlafaxin, Lyrica.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanaDane For This Useful Post:
Old School MBD (10-27-11), rickymooston (10-29-11), user123 (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 08:53 AM
Contributor

Redrightnow has disabled reputation

Have you tried the search feature to see if anyone shared your experience in the past?

Don't take it personally-- I know I don't generally respond to threads about medication or managing symptoms because I'm not medicated. And you don't want my advice on managing symptoms. I've been undiagnosed until my 40's so all kinds of less than ideal coping skills from me.

Also, I barely notice who has started a thread or made individual comments under it. I would think that's not terribly uncommon here, so I don't think anyone would deliberately choose someone to ignore (without some history or reason.)

I'm sorry you felt ignored. {{Hugs}}
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Redrightnow For This Useful Post:
LynneC (10-27-11), user123 (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 10:57 AM

Thanked 21,913 Times in 7,988 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Once a question is answered the way most people would answer a question people see no reason to respond more.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
BR549 (10-27-11), Fortune (10-27-11), mctavish23 (10-27-11), user123 (10-27-11)
Old 10-27-11, 10:53 PM

user123 is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone. I understand. I just dont know what to think and can't really share it with anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to user123 For This Useful Post:
BR549 (10-29-11)
Old 10-27-11, 10:59 PM

entrepreneurKid will become famous soon enough

I just posted the longest reply of your life dude, go check out that thing I wrote on your thread about hating life cause of college.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to entrepreneurKid For This Useful Post:
rickymooston (10-29-11), user123 (10-27-11)
Old 10-28-11, 08:19 AM
ADDvanced Member

Kimmy1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortune View Post
I tend to read the forums via the "today's posts" link under "Quick Links" and I pick out what looks interesting. I don't try to avoid anyone, but I don't read a lot of threads, either.
I also have the habit of going to "latest posts."
I know I miss a lot by doing that, and if a thread is buried I miss it.
Also if it's too long I may not read it.
After all, I DO have the attention span of a gnat unless hyperfocus kicks in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimmy1 For This Useful Post:
full_throttle (10-28-11), pechemignonne (10-28-11)
Old 10-29-11, 11:06 AM

Thanked 3,638 Times in 1,734 Posts
Impetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond reputeImpetus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I understand. I just dont know what to think and can't really share it with anyone.
you're ok, don't worry about it. I post short lived threads as well, but I know I have a tendency to ask pretty closed ended questions.... and more often than not, I'm really just seeking affirmation. confidence in my own perceptions is still pretty shaky, so sometimes I need some support.

it'll get better, just keep getting up an trying again.

*hugs*
I often warn people: "Somewhere along the way, someone is going to tell you, 'There is no "I" in team.' What you should tell them is, 'Maybe not. But there is an "I" in independence, individuality and integrity.
-George Carlin
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Impetus For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (10-29-11), BR549 (10-29-11), user123 (10-31-11)
Old 10-29-11, 11:17 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,135 Times in 8,154 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think it's about about you, but I'm glad you have inquired. I am learning the moderator thing still, but I'm fairly sure your threads are as visible as mine. I have some threads that receive many responses and others that don't receive as many responses. Whether you do or you don't (try not to take it personal if you don't), I find that continuing to post about your needs will bring your inquiry attentin. Don't set your expectations to high. Timing may be an issue and so may a topic. Also, try to make friends on here and get to know other users with similarities.

I really know about judgmental people too. That's why I'll be leaving my area at some point.
user123 (10-31-11)