ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-11, 12:44 PM

Monkey Bean is a glorious beacon of lightMonkey Bean is a glorious beacon of lightMonkey Bean is a glorious beacon of lightMonkey Bean is a glorious beacon of lightMonkey Bean is a glorious beacon of lightMonkey Bean is a glorious beacon of light
Angry You Are Over Moderating!

I get that you want to screen new people, but 6, 8, 10 hours later for posts to appear? That is ridiculous. Why can't I START with an inherent level of trust, and then lose it if I post something inappropriate?
Old 11-01-11, 01:04 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 7,828 Times in 2,435 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: You Are Over Moderating!

I understand your frustration but this moderating style was determined by years of abuse by spammers, new members, disgruntled members, etc. I do apologize if there was an excessive delay in reviewing your posts, we make every attempt to manage all new content based on moderator availability....sometimes that causes a delay but we will continue to try and improve our process. I thank you for your feedback and trust that you will find your future activity unencumbered.

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Andi For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (11-01-11), angora (11-01-11), anonymouslyadd (11-01-11), CheekyMonkey (12-23-11), Crazygirl79 (11-02-11), EYEFORGOT (11-01-11), ginniebean (11-01-11), Monkey Bean (11-01-11), peripatetic (11-09-11)
Old 11-01-11, 01:07 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Bean View Post
I get that you want to screen new people, but 6, 8, 10 hours later for posts to appear? That is ridiculous. Why can't I START with an inherent level of trust, and then lose it if I post something inappropriate?
This period passes quickly, Monkey Bean.

I understand your frustration, but it keeps the forums from being spammed and taken over by bots and such. It's annoying at first, but it's for the best for the forums at large.

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-11, 01:08 PM
The Social Committee LIVES

Thanked 17,719 Times in 8,884 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Andi you need more mods. Especially unemployed bipolar homebodies with no lives

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 11-01-11, 01:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi View Post
Andi you need more mods. Especially unemployed bipolar homebodies with no lives
Oh good lord, I can just picture you as a mod Abi....

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
Old 11-01-11, 01:19 PM

Monkey Bean is a glorious beacon of lightMonkey Bean is a glorious beacon of lightMonkey Bean is a glorious beacon of lightMonkey Bean is a glorious beacon of lightMonkey Bean is a glorious beacon of lightMonkey Bean is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
I understand your frustration but this moderating style was determined by years of abuse by spammers, new members, disgruntled members, etc. I do apologize if there was an excessive delay in reviewing your posts, we make every attempt to manage all new content based on moderator availability....sometimes that causes a delay but we will continue to try and improve our process. I thank you for your feedback and trust that you will find your future activity unencumbered.
Thank you! I appreciate you taking time to address my issue.

And I would hazard a guess that many posters here aren't renowned for their great patience!!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Monkey Bean For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (11-01-11), EYEFORGOT (11-01-11), ginniebean (11-01-11), pechemignonne (11-01-11), peripatetic (11-09-11), rickymooston (11-01-11)
Old 11-01-11, 01:26 PM
ADDvanced Member

Kimmy1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Bean View Post
I'm only speaking for myself, but patience is NOT one of my virtues, HOWEVER I've also moderated a couple of forums and sometimes it's not easy.
This is a big forum and considering some the topics covered here there's a risk of trouble-makers getting on and posting topics of an illegal nature.
I was pleasantly surprised how fast the time did go by before my posts appeared.
And INSTANT GRATIFICATION is never quick enough for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimmy1 For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (11-01-11)
Closed Thread