ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-11, 09:11 AM
Secret Squirrel!! Moderator

Thanked 12,961 Times in 5,239 Posts
TygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond reputeTygerSan has a reputation beyond repute
ADHD Forums Community

Please remember that we are a *support* forum, first and foremost.

Many of us have been bullied, harassed and excluded for thinking differently, dressing differently, or just being different.

We come here to find others like us. Other kindred spirits.

Sometimes in our journeys here, we have to remember that we are but one part of this community, that *all* of us together make it happen.

We are also a diverse group of people who come from many countries, carry many diagnoses, and come from many different mindsets. No one is better or worse than anyone else here. No one deserves to feel bullied, excluded or harassed, HERE of all places. No one should ever be told that they can't post what they want, where they want it, as long as they are actively trying to follow the guidelines.

We may differ in the way that we see things. We may find other's opinions offensive, wrong-headed, or even just plain stupid. Disagree with civility.

If you find your approach isn't garnering the responses you want, take a deep breath and re-evaluate. Sometimes it's easier to walk around the brick wall than to keep banging your head against it repeatedly.
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to TygerSan For This Useful Post:
Abi (10-31-13), ADD me (06-10-13), ADHDTigger (11-04-11), angora (11-03-11), anonymouslyadd (11-05-11), APSJ (11-03-11), buddy (11-03-11), David (12-19-12), Dizfriz (11-03-11), dresser (01-24-13), EYEFORGOT (11-03-11), LynneC (11-03-11), midnightstar (10-18-13), Ms. Mango (10-31-13), namazu (11-03-11), peripatetic (11-04-11), rickymooston (11-05-11), ronja-am (02-13-12), Saboit (02-02-12), salleh (11-05-11), sarek (11-03-11), shysmile (11-03-11), sighduck (11-05-11), tiaralady (11-20-12), Unmanagable (11-05-11), zannie (11-03-11)
Old 11-03-11, 10:17 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 10,438 Times in 3,291 Posts
Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ADHD Forums Community

Yep!

Dizfriz
Old 11-03-11, 11:36 AM

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

Uh huh...

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-11, 11:53 AM

Thanked 21,900 Times in 7,983 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute

Tyger,

Thank you. It is a good reminder. I know I fall short of this at times but usually my heart is in the right place even if my big mouth isn't.

I've learned a lot in my time here, not just here but thru gathering a lot of information.

When I first came here, I was extremely ignorant about what adhd was and quite excited to learn more. It was a very frustrating experience because for everything I learned I had about ten questions most of which I could not find an answer to.

I looked around under adhd on the net, there's a whole lot of websites that had a very 'feel good' approach. I wanted to hear good things about people with adhd, I wanted to believe that we could be successful and happy.

I read and read and eventually began to see more than these happy feel good sites offered. I'm not saying they don't have a place, I'm saying they are wildly unbalanced.

When people arive here often they are very new to learning about adhd. The information they have, may be untrue, may be unbalanced, my be bitter etc..

Trying to remember that people will listen (generally) if you are sincerely trying to communicate and with gentleness people will learn and grow and probably teach you a thing or two.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
ADD me (06-10-13), ADHDTigger (11-04-11), EYEFORGOT (11-03-11), LynneC (11-03-11), namazu (11-04-11), peripatetic (11-04-11), salleh (11-05-11), TygerSan (11-03-11)
Old 11-05-11, 07:51 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

rickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
When I first came here, I was extremely ignorant about what adhd was and quite excited to learn more. It was a very frustrating experience because for everything I learned I had about ten questions most of which I could not find an answer to.
This is not a bad thing Most things in life, if you learn them well are like that. .

Be careful tho. The kind of attitude that comes with getting 10 questions for every answer, is the kind of attitude that experts have.

Quote:
I wanted to hear good things about people with adhd, I wanted to believe that we could be successful and happy.
Many successful people have ADHD. There are for example several famous artists, writers,soldiers etc, etc.

Happiness, is largely a matter of attitude. I add the qualifier that some people do have clinical depression and that can be a serious problem if its untreated.

Quote:
I read and read and eventually began to see more than these happy feel good sites offered. I'm not saying they don't have a place, I'm saying they are wildly unbalanced.
Lots of sites have a bias. If you go to a scientology site for example, they don't believe ADHD exists or that for example schizophrenia exists. I'm not sure about the feel good sites you looked at.

Quote:
When people arive here often they are very new to learning about adhd. The information they have, may be untrue, may be unbalanced, my be bitter etc..
This is the internet. You get a wide range of opinions that reflect the knowledge and ignorance of the general population.

Quote:
Trying to remember that people will listen (generally) if you are sincerely trying to communicate and with gentleness people will learn and grow and probably teach you a thing or two.
Yes, communication skills make a difference. it is an area in which i needed a lot of coaching.
dresser (02-04-13)
Old 11-05-11, 10:40 AM

Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,071 Posts
sighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant futuresighduck has a brilliant future

as we say here in south africa..... VIVA!!!
Old 11-05-11, 11:48 AM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,135 Times in 8,154 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginniebean View Post
Thank you. It is a good reminder. I know I fall short of this at times but usually my heart is in the right place even if my big mouth isn't.
I think you're wonderful.
TygerSan (11-07-11)
Old 02-02-12, 03:25 AM
Banned

jonathan8940 is on a distinguished road

Hey..I like this information. Keep it up.
Old 01-24-13, 06:23 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

dresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud ofdresser has much to be proud of

hopfully if i adress things ussing the "for"-or "to"" I "or "me"more than the term "you" I think it would set up more relaxed tone for the reader. I know my short hairs ( there called " hackles " come up if ( I ) think its sound like an order ?? "chek" mood . amd while Im doing the me and I referance I have to do it with the least amont of grandiosity I can muster. because fear and false pride get me into most trouble in all aspecks of my life lololo I had oder writen where order is think i should have left it in to see if i could smell with my eyes stay well and thank you