ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-11, 12:23 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,333 Posts
CheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud of
Question Nightmares anyone?

I've had frequent nightmares my entire life. Like really insane, vivid ones. I'm not sure if it is just due to the anxiety or maybe just being constantly thinking nonstop?

In the past year I've practiced some lucid dreaming skills that have been able to at least redirect the nightmares into something more mundane.

Of course last night my nightmare was mundane and it still sucked. I was starting grad school with 2 people from my old university, people I think are not all that bright. They had their act together and knew where and when classes were, and I was lost and confused. Nothing like ADD struggles showing up in my dreams.

Anyone else dream a lot? A lot of nightmares?
Old 12-03-11, 04:04 PM

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nightmares anyone?

Lots and lots.

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
Old 12-03-11, 07:00 PM
Jr Member

steveno1570 is on a distinguished road

They come and go. I could do 'lucid dreaming' when I was a kid, and some of the most 'profound' experiences in my life have occurred first in a dream (love, courage, despair, resolve, sacrifice).
The most recent I'm in a public place confronting a gunman, because I'm not heavy, but my friend is. When I see my friend coming up behind the tango, I stood up and said, "Do you know the difference between friends and allies? A friend might help you die with dignity, an ally will help you die with honor". Jumped forward pinning his gun into my chest and grabbed him by the neck with my other hand, I took the hit, but got him bent over enough that when my friend shot him the bullets didn't pass through and be a danger to the people behind me.
I sometimes wonder if I would be better off at an Insomnia forum with a thread devoted to ADD=)
I'm feeling way hyper right now
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-11, 08:10 PM

DennyD will become famous soon enough

I have a reoccurring nightmare of trying to kill someone who wont die. Its usually me strangling someone with my hands and they (mostly not the same person) will never die even after hours of squeezing. VERY violent stuff, and its seems to always be "just not enough". I wake up ****** off.
Old 12-04-11, 02:38 AM

CheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud ofCheekyMonkey has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0751onevets View Post
They come and go. I could do 'lucid dreaming' when I was a kid, and some of the most 'profound' experiences in my life have occurred first in a dream (love, courage, despair, resolve, sacrifice).
The most recent I'm in a public place confronting a gunman, because I'm not heavy, but my friend is. When I see my friend coming up behind the tango, I stood up and said, "Do you know the difference between friends and allies? A friend might help you die with dignity, an ally will help you die with honor". Jumped forward pinning his gun into my chest and grabbed him by the neck with my other hand, I took the hit, but got him bent over enough that when my friend shot him the bullets didn't pass through and be a danger to the people behind me.
I sometimes wonder if I would be better off at an Insomnia forum with a thread devoted to ADD=)
I'm feeling way hyper right now
Crazy dream! I had really bad insomnia when I was younger, as I've gotten older and set a routine it has become much better. I also have to read before I sleep to shut of my own constant thoughts.
Old 12-04-11, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyD View Post
I have a reoccurring nightmare of trying to kill someone who wont die. Its usually me strangling someone with my hands and they (mostly not the same person) will never die even after hours of squeezing. VERY violent stuff, and its seems to always be "just not enough". I wake up ****** off.
Scary stuff! Those kinds of dreams make me feel icky the rest of the day!
Old 12-04-11, 04:18 AM

jay123 is on a distinguished road

As a kid I had a really weird fascination with ghosts. My mother (who also has ADHD and just as much curious about ghosts) bought the book, true ghost stories of british columbia. I must of read the the book at least five times.

I kept having the same dream for 6 months. I was so scared I slept on the floor of my parents bedroom from 10-13. I saw some ****ty counsellor who pretty much just told me to stop watching ghost movies.
Any ways this is the Dream:

I am staying atmy aunts and my cousin and I are hanging out on the computer in the basement. When I decide to hit the hay, my cousin turns and says "dont wake the ghost". Its so odd how casual he says it. I laugh it off and head up stairs. Before i go to bed, I use the washroom. Walking to the bedroom I get this weird feeling and I stop at the top of the stairs look downstairs. At the base there is a man standing there looking directly at me. As soon as I see him, I wake up scream (everytime)

I get crazy goosebumps every time I tell someone about that nightmare. Each occasion, I knew what was going to happen and it scared me even more because I couldn't wake up until I saw that ghost. It was really traumatizing. I had another one that only happened once, but it was just as bad. Save her for another day though lol.
Old 12-04-11, 08:13 PM
Jr Member

Le Misanthrope has disabled reputation

Most of the times my dreams are random bits that don't make sense without a story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyD View Post
Yeah, I have that one too. It usually starts with someone trying to kill me and I try to kill them first. It doesn't matter what I try, the guy keeps getting up and comes after me.

Other recurring nightmares: going blind or losing my teeth and/or dislocating my jaws. I clench my teeth in my sleep, so that's probably why I dream about this crap.
Old 12-04-11, 10:47 PM

Thanked 4,317 Times in 1,871 Posts
pechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond reputepechemignonne has a reputation beyond repute

Me it's always the same thing: someone is trying to kill me, and I have to run away from them.

Every night. For hours.

In fact, it doesn't really matter how my dreams start, and who happens to be chasing me varies accordingly. It always ends up the same. I'm running for my life.

"I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread, but they can't buy any. That's the biggest joke on the duck ever."
Mitch Hedberg

"You would be the world's worst ninja."
Pechemignonne's boyfriend
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pechemignonne For This Useful Post:
Abi (12-04-11), ginniebean (12-06-11)
Old 12-04-11, 10:57 PM
The Social Committee LIVES

Thanked 17,725 Times in 8,886 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pechemignonne View Post
Me it's always the same thing: someone is trying to kill me, and I have to run away from them.

Every night. For hours.

In fact, it doesn't really matter how my dreams start, and who happens to be chasing me varies accordingly. It always ends up the same. I'm running for my life.
I have the same dream.

I suggest 0.5 mg Klonopin or 1 mg Ativan at bedtime.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
Old 12-04-11, 11:08 PM

Thanked 10,522 Times in 5,692 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

I have dreams Im still in school and still failing and misbehaving and in trouble in themIm like the oldest 30 year old in the school.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebelyell For This Useful Post:
Abi (12-04-11)
Old 12-04-11, 11:14 PM
Moderator of all seasons

Thanked 16,195 Times in 8,192 Posts
anonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond reputeanonymouslyadd has a reputation beyond repute

I used to have dreams that I was chased. The worst came when I was a child, and I would dream my dad was standing outside my fence. My mom sure did a number on that relationship.
Old 12-04-11, 11:30 PM
The Social Committee LIVES

Thanked 17,725 Times in 8,886 Posts
Abi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond reputeAbi has a reputation beyond repute

Rebel : I also have the school / college dream where I am an adult and still in HS or college.

Interesting that I share both your and Peche's dreams.

Remember

A benzo a day keeps the nightmares away.

"I think David Archuleta's picture is starting to annoy me." - BellaVita

"A glass of water is healthier than a glass of vodka - but you don't substitute one for the other." - aeon

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abi For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (12-04-11), Blueranne (12-06-11), pechemignonne (12-05-11)
Old 12-04-11, 11:34 PM

Thanked 10,522 Times in 5,692 Posts
Rebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond reputeRebelyell has a reputation beyond repute

Um yeah its very shocking confusing feeling not only knowing that im like 25 in the dream and thinking what am I retarded in some kind of program,then I wake up w relief only to think why am I still having dreams of failing when school is just an afterthought of 18 years?
Old 12-04-11, 11:38 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

rickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nicerickymooston is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyMonkey View Post
In the past year I've practiced some lucid dreaming skills that have been able to at least redirect the nightmares into something more mundane.
That's rather cool. I mean, I like your tool for dealing with the problem.

Its not cool that you have the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyMonkey View Post
Of course last night my nightmare was mundane and it still sucked. I was starting grad school with 2 people from my old university, people I think are not all that bright. They had their act together and knew where and when classes were, and I was lost and confused. Nothing like ADD struggles showing up in my dreams.
Anyone else dream a lot? A lot of nightmares?
Hi, I've had school nightmares before too and having these isn't unique to having ADHD but we have more material.

I also had many nightmares about being laid off after I lost my job.

On the bright side, I'm doing o.k. right now
ADHDTigger (12-05-11)