ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 12-06-11, 04:12 PM

Adderbatter is on a distinguished road
Adderall with calcium carbonate experience

Hey guys,

Last night I took a generic tums with my adderall. I took 5mg adderall (10mg tablet broken in half, not an XR).

I do not take adderall regularly, usually 5mg is all i need to help me focus and study. 10mg if i really want a boost. I am not tolerant to stims.

Anyways I took 750mg calcium carbonate with my adderall because i have heartburn often and holy crap it made a huge different in the potency of the adderall.

It honestly felt like 10mg adderall. The downside is I found it wore off much faster and i crashed harder.

Can anyone please explain the science behind this? I see it is discussed often here.

Also a see people also taking magnesium hydroxide too. What benefit is this?
Old 12-06-11, 04:17 PM

Adderbatter is on a distinguished road
Re: Adderall with calcium carbonate experience

Also if you guys have any dosing ratio experiences please share.

I am reading now in other threads that the calcium carbonate increases absorpbtion by making the blood more basic

And magnesium may help keep it in the blood longer

So possibly a really good combination for someone like myself instant release forms wanting it to last longer and get more kick mg per mg?