ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Ritalin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Ritalin (methylphenidate)

Old 03-31-11, 12:55 PM
ADDvanced Member

Saito is a jewel in the roughSaito is a jewel in the roughSaito is a jewel in the rough
The Cost of Ritalin (And Other Methylphenidate Products - Concerta, Methylin, Etc.)

Could someone fill me in here... I'm not from the US and I'm just wondering how much does Ritalin or Concerta cost over there?

Here in the Netherlands everyone has insurance (basic insurance is required by law) but almost everyone has additional insurance as well. I don't even know how much my Ritalin costs or how much the doctor visits cost... everything is covered. They do tell you if something isn't covered by regular extra insurance as well.

In The Netherlands we use the name ADD instead of ADHD-PI. I apologize for any confusion this may cause.
Old 04-12-11, 09:19 PM

Earplugger is on a distinguished road
Re: Unbelievable! Where's the Outrage!

At CostCo, if you can actually find it, the price of generic Ritalin SR 20mg has quadrupled in the last month--from $23 to $91.

Unfreaking believable.
Old 04-14-11, 11:47 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,312 Times in 1,326 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unbelievable! Where's the Outrage!

As an aside, it's not published, but immediate release Ritalin 5mg is on Kroger's $4 prescription list.
Old 10-14-11, 10:10 PM

sidekick will become famous soon enough
**RITALIN-NOT-TRASH!** Cash price of generic Ritalin?

How much do you pay for your Ritalin without insurance? My deductible rolled over so I'm stuck paying full price for the first time since I started on Ritalin.

My last script was for 10mg tablets #180, cost around $75. Just wondering if it's worth trying a different pharmacy for a better price.
Old 10-15-11, 12:11 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,078 Times in 1,185 Posts
StoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant futureStoicNate has a brilliant future
Re: Cash price of generic Ritalin?

Walmart has Ritalin for $4-$15 or so (more or less) per prescription depending on the amount/ strength of tablets. (Without insurance)

Costco is will also be a good choice, but I never checked the prices there for Ritalin. They should be low too.

Check with Walmart first. Tell them you heard about their $4 Prescription Program for Ritalin.

I hope this helps.

Dx: Adhd Combined type, Asperger's Syndrome, Mathematics Disability (10/4/10)..Panic Disorder, Atypical Depression, And Multiple Phobias.
Rx: Dexedrine IR 2.5-5 mg PRN (starting on 1/21/12).
Past meds: Namenda, Focalin IR, Ritalin IR, Adderall IR, D-Amp IR, Nicotine/Swedish Snus.
Boycott Teva/Barr, CorePharma, Mallinckrodt (Methylin)

REST IN PEACE

Last edited by StoicNate; 10-15-11 at 12:30 AM..
Old 10-15-11, 12:10 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

String has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud ofString has much to be proud of

Yeah, I think $75 is a little high.

My copay is $20. When I have a prescription that's about half of your 180 count, I sometimes pay less than my copay. In other words, even without a prescription benefit or a great deal, it seems to me that you should be able to get the prescription for around $40 somewhere.
Old 10-22-11, 06:31 PM

TeamKProd. will become famous soon enough

I would like more info on this as well. I was Strattera, and I asked to change because of cost and slight ineffectivness. I then was told I'd get Ritalin, but the doc said because of a shortage, he wanted to put me on Adderall XR...Its the same price as Strattera!
Old 10-22-11, 07:16 PM

andgarden has disabled reputation

Generic IR Ritalin is cheaper than cheap. It's probably the cheapest ADHD med you can buy. You can probably expect to pay a little bit more than what you'd pay for aspirin.
Old 10-23-11, 07:13 PM

Skiwampus will become famous soon enough

#30 of 10milligrams cost ~$26 at my local Walgreens. Well, supposedly it would have cost that much if my insurance hadn't covered most of it; I have read a couple posts somewhere on here that they bill insurance more than a "cash customer" or something like that so I am not too sure.
Old 10-23-11, 11:27 PM

It would have been cheap at Walmart, but of course they didn't have it in stock and I couldn't wait for them to get it.. so my script for 10mg #270 cost $108. But I can't really put a price on being able to function, so oh well. Next time I'll make sure they can get it in before I'm on my last few doses.
Old 11-01-11, 01:28 PM
Jr Member

tynty is on a distinguished road

I paid $23 for seventy-five 20mg IR tablets pretty much out of pocket because I have a high-deductible insurance plan. This was at my university's pharmacy and I think it was a little cheaper than at a pharmacy like CVS.
Old 11-15-11, 11:03 PM
ADDvanced Member

WorkAholic will become famous soon enough

$56 for 180 with my free Together Rx Access card (for ppl without insurance). It took approximately 60 bucks off.
Old 11-17-11, 07:28 AM

TeamKProd. will become famous soon enough

I just paid $28 for a 30 day supply of generic Ritalin SR.
Old 11-18-11, 09:09 AM
Jr Member

Tyroni87 is on a distinguished road

I just got scripted for Ritalin earlier this week. Filled 10mg IR #60 at walgreens. Payed cash and cost me $32. Not bad I guess.
Old 11-18-11, 09:36 PM

Got my last script filled at walmart... 10mg #270 for $15.
The Following User Says Thank You to sidekick For This Useful Post:
StoicNate (11-19-11)