ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Old 10-05-04, 08:53 AM
Committee Member

ltlangl2 is on a distinguished road
When ADHD meds just don't work!!!

Hi everyone I haven't been on in a while but I have some questions regarding ADHD meds and "alternative drugs". Now here is my dillema.....My daughter was DX in March of this year and we have been on Ritalin and Adderall. I HATE THESE DRUGS!!!!!! She is no where near her "old" self. Irretable nasty mean fights with her friends etc...... I have done a lot of research the last couple days regarding essential fatty acids (Omega 3 & 6), magnesium deficencies and a few other that I am going to try. I bought some Fax Seed Oil but am not sure if I can start it with her being on the meds.

Has anyone gotten their ADHD children tested for these types of problems. Blood test or any other alternatives?

Please help I need some advice!!