ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-11, 04:39 PM

rcking is on a distinguished road
A psychiatrist's dream

Here goes nothing. Hey, i'm a 19 year old in college. I was diagnosed with major chronic depression in the 8th grade, i originally believed it to be bipolar, but after a while i realized that it's probably Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) because it really only gets bad in the winter...

Continuing on i am about 99% sure i have ADD and about 75% sure its ADHD. Every now and then when i'm talking to someone i'll get a thought in my head and for some reason i'll find the need to pursue the thought (this might be my OCD) but i'll end up stopping mid sentence and start to space out.

I have OCD, for some reason when ever i walk i naturally avoid every crack and alter my steps so i don't step on a single crack. (this includes walking to class, in public areas, and tiles on floors).

I have a nervous twitch/tick (i'm not too sure what it is actually). when i get excited or nervous my hands start shaking rapidly. this slowly developed over time.

Last weekend i had an anxiety attack. I'm not sure what exactly happened but i was with friends and i know a lot about medicine. I experienced signs of a stroke but i could still move my right side.

Anyways lastly but not least the only coping method i've found that helps with depression, ocd and my "twitch" is cannabis... which unfortunately is illegal in the USA (i've done my research on it).

If you were to meet me in person, there's almost no way you would be able to tell any of this from just looking at me. I look like your every day person. most of my friends don't even know about my OCD, and i'm not an antisocial person.

Whew... well Hi!
Old 12-15-11, 01:03 AM

ladythoms has a spectacular aura aboutladythoms has a spectacular aura about
Re: A psychiatrist's dream

Even though I'm new to the forums too I wanted to say Hi. If you are anything like me you've seen the number of views and feeling distressed and rejected at the number of views and lack of a simple "Hello".

I for one don't think you should have to feel that way (if you do), on what is supposed to be a forum of support for people with ADHD, who already struggle with rejection.

With my little rant out of the way I offer you a great big Hello and hope you are doing well.
The Following User Says Thank You to ladythoms For This Useful Post:
rcking (02-22-12)
Old 12-15-11, 04:08 AM

Well, if no one is brave enough, i guess i'll continue a little bit.
I'm open to any suggestions or comments the good and the bad.
I just took a survey that said i got an 89/100 on the ADHD so that's a yes.

I'm a huge music fan. If anyone wants to talk about music i would be glad to.
I'm also into martial arts. So if anyone wants to talk Judo, Taekwondo, Karate, Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai or anthing else let me know too.

Also, i don't bite
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-11, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladythoms View Post
Even though I'm new to the forums too I wanted to say Hi. If you are anything like me you've seen the number of views and feeling distressed and rejected at the number of views and lack of a simple "Hello".

I for one don't think you should have to feel that way (if you do), on what is supposed to be a forum of support for people with ADHD, who already struggle with rejection.

With my little rant out of the way I offer you a great big Hello and hope you are doing well.
hey! You pretty much called everything correctly. I'm not really distressed though, i haven't really told anyone any of this since i found out which was probably 1-2 years ago. It just got progressively worse so i decided to come out here and talk about it.

I guess just knowing that so many people read this post made me feel better. but recognition made it just that much better so thank you! sincerely.
Old 12-15-11, 12:41 PM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,551 Times in 13,426 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome. Do you think you will be evaluated soon?

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarahsweets For This Useful Post:
rcking (02-22-12)
Old 12-15-11, 04:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 2,947 Times in 1,494 Posts
julesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant futurejulesjampot has a brilliant future

and welcome to the forums
rcking (02-22-12)
Old 02-22-12, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Welcome. Do you think you will be evaluated soon?
Yeah i was a few weeks ago, i just couldn't stand it. I was diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed dexatroamphetamine.
Old 02-22-12, 10:58 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Brob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcking View Post
Yeah i was a few weeks ago, i just couldn't stand it. I was diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed dexatroamphetamine.
I'm not sure I like the idea of anybody as cute as me being on here, but a grudging welcoming anyway. Nice avatar.

FWIW, a great many of us pass the normal test- I use the diagnosis as a reason not to beat myself up over my weaknesses. Miss a class in elementary school to see the dentist, Mom wrote an excuse. No foul. Might be a reason to brush more often, though. Forget my wallet twice when going out, well, ADHD does that sometimes. No foul. Might organize where I keep my daily use stuff a bit better, though.

In the end, ADHD is diagnosed when enough of a specific group of human traits is present to be noticeable and impair some part of your life. We make allowances for it, and to be happy we accept it. Just like folks with a huge beak, premature balding, low IQs, bad body odor, short height, bad gas, or anything else accept who they are and then do the best with it. It does not make us or anyone else better or worse than the next person.

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall
Nelson Mandela

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brob2 For This Useful Post:
namazu (02-23-12), rcking (02-22-12), Unmanagable (02-22-12)
Old 02-22-12, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brob2 View Post
I'm not sure I like the idea of anybody as cute as me being on here, but a grudging welcoming anyway. Nice avatar.

FWIW, a great many of us pass the normal test- I use the diagnosis as a reason not to beat myself up over my weaknesses. Miss a class in elementary school to see the dentist, Mom wrote an excuse. No foul. Might be a reason to brush more often, though. Forget my wallet twice when going out, well, ADHD does that sometimes. No foul. Might organize where I keep my daily use stuff a bit better, though.

In the end, ADHD is diagnosed when enough of a specific group of human traits is present to be noticeable and impair some part of your life. We make allowances for it, and to be happy we accept it. Just like folks with a huge beak, premature balding, low IQs, bad body odor, short height, bad gas, or anything else accept who they are and then do the best with it. It does not make us or anyone else better or worse than the next person.
I see what you mean. I guess it was just frustrating me, which it still is. Writing things as simple as this and completely losing my train of thought twice.
Thank you though.
The Following User Says Thank You to rcking For This Useful Post:
Brob2 (02-23-12)
Old 02-22-12, 11:34 PM
Societal Malarkey Sorter

Thanked 17,720 Times in 8,871 Posts
Unmanagable has disabled reputation

Awwww, look!! Puppies!!!

Welcome to the neighborhood rckng!! I can relate to a whole lot of what you explained.

You'll definitely find your peeps here, along with an abundance of information and experience.

Happy reading and posting!

"You torment yourself wondering how they could not love your burning heart. And the answer darling, you are not the star you thought you were. You are the f******g universe and not everybody is an astronaut." ~Unknown
The Following User Says Thank You to Unmanagable For This Useful Post:
rcking (02-22-12)