ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-04, 08:39 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

RhapsodyInBlue has disabled reputation
Talking ADHD Ancient's Strange Quirk

Do any of you have strange ideas like this one? I'm going to be killed for this thread, but what the hell???? It's worth it.

Apparently, this lawnmower that Ancient has has, been passed down through his adoptive family. It looks like it; it acts like it; it sounds like it. But when it dies, do you think he will ever buy another? No! He keeps resurrecting the same old same old.

Last night was a happy night for Ancient. After hours and hours of work, and even without running off midstream to do another chore, he successfully resurrected this old crone one more time

Today, it did not start. Nothing! Dead! Deceased as I play Verdi's Requiem in it's honor.

So he had to finally admit defeat and go out and part with some $$$$ which is never a problem for Ancient, which makes me wonder why he has hung on to this old thing for so long.

Does anyone else have any strange quirks like this?

Please forgive Ancient's mess in the background, but why am I saying this; you all understand, right????

He did try hard.....so credit for that......now if only he'd clean up the garden
Old 10-06-04, 08:44 AM

fasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura aboutfasttalkingmom has a spectacular aura about
I don't think I have anything like that...... my family might tell you something different that I don't see.

I hope that poor lawnmower gets to rest in peace...... finally.......
Old 10-06-04, 09:51 AM

Ian has disabled reputation
I trust that the new mower is purchased only to buy some time to finish trouble shooting the perfectly good mower I see in the photo?

It's only a machine. Although machines need our TLC once in a while they are amazing friends. I have the mower we bought 19 years ago when we were first married. It's had a couple of valve and ring jobs and now the carburetor is a bit worn to glean that last percentage of horsepower out of it but it'll stay.

I got caught too with the old one failing in a time where a new one could not be avoided. It has since proved to be less of a machine than the old one. I was anticipating a cocky and aggressive newcomer but it's weak and without shallow.

Although the old one had a bit of a hissy fit when the new one arrived I have since sharpened the blade, tuned it up and now it smiles at me when I walk past it just like it always has.

I am also intimate with a Toyota that's travelled a half million kilometers. We are very close.

My barn and chicken coup are made from hand-hewn logs. I'm not entirely comfortable with "new". ehh

I have a taste for the plain and functional. I think it was bred in the bone.
ian
>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-04, 09:56 AM

Thanked 3,318 Times in 1,328 Posts
Trooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond reputeTrooper Keith has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, I win for strange quirks like that as well. I build and rebuild and dismantle and repair for fun, because I can. I like knowing how things wok, and then making them do so...
Old 10-06-04, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Warn itschaotic View itschaotic's Warnings #3
Today, 07:51 AM
itschaotic vbmenu_register("postmenu_103224", true);
super-modified

I trust that the new mower is purchased only to buy some time to finish trouble shooting the perfectly good mower I see in the photo?
How did you know this???????????? !!!

That is exactly what Ancient told me at dinner !
Old 10-06-04, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiller
Yes, I win for strange quirks like that as well. I build and rebuild and dismantle and repair for fun, because I can. I like knowing how things wok, and then making them do so...
Proof Please

Dare you to post a pic of your desk I'll post one of Ancient's if you do
Old 10-06-04, 10:24 AM
ADDvanced Member

Ancient Music has disabled reputation
You !!!!.....You.!!!!!!.................

Its an oldy, but a goody........cast iron........not cheap alloy....and it been my friend since I was fourteen. It just needs some TLC.....

Is nothing sacred?......

I see I'm going to have to sabotage your digtal camera!!!....

All my Love :-X :-X :-X

Andrei

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhapsodyInBlue
Do any of you have strange ideas like this one? I'm going to be killed for this thread, but what the hell???? It's worth it.

Apparently, this lawnmower that Ancient has has, been passed down through his adoptive family. It looks like it; it acts like it; it sounds like it. But when it dies, do you think he will ever buy another? No! He keeps resurrecting the same old same old.

Last night was a happy night for Ancient. After hours and hours of work, and even without running off midstream to do another chore, he successfully resurrected this old crone one more time

Today, it did not start. Nothing! Dead! Deceased as I play Verdi's Requiem in it's honor.

So he had to finally admit defeat and go out and part with some $$$$ which is never a problem for Ancient, which makes me wonder why he has hung on to this old thing for so long.

Does anyone else have any strange quirks like this?

Please forgive Ancient's mess in the background, but why am I saying this; you all understand, right????

He did try hard.....so credit for that......now if only he'd clean up the garden
Old 10-06-04, 10:27 AM
ADDvanced Member

Correct!!!...........The new one is just a "stand in" untill I discover the "gremlin" thats making my "faithful friend" sick......

Andrei....

[quote=itschaotic]I trust that the new mower is purchased only to buy some time to finish trouble shooting the perfectly good mower I see in the photo?

It's only a machine. Although machines need our TLC once in a while they are amazing friends. I have the mower we bought 19 years ago when we were first married. It's had a couple of valve and ring jobs and now the carburetor is a bit worn to glean that last percentage of horsepower out of it but it'll stay.

I got caught too with the old one failing in a time where a new one could not be avoided. It has since proved to be less of a machine than the old one. I was anticipating a cocky and aggressive newcomer but it's weak and without shallow.

Although the old one had a bit of a hissy fit when the new one arrived I have since sharpened the blade, tuned it up and now it smiles at me when I walk past it just like it always has.
Old 10-06-04, 10:32 AM
ADDvanced Member

Ha!..........A kindred spirit......

Thanks for the support...my beautiful Wildcat is getting badly out of hand!.

Andrei

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiller
Old 10-06-04, 10:32 AM

Talking

OK. Fine. Sabotage my Digital Camera I'd think again if I were you!!! You WILL be bored!

Hey, remember when I went away a few weeks ago to work?

Remember when I came home?

Remember what I came home with and wore that night?

Remember that white 'insert thoughts here' $500

Remember the white 'insert littler thought'$125

Remember the white "insert smaller thoughts'$54.88

Remember the Channel perfume?$550

Mastercard
Old 10-06-04, 10:42 AM
ADDvanced Member

Oooooh yes my Love!...

I remember what you came home and wore that night... (((((gulp)))))) ((((drool)))))

Ahhh.....all those totally delightful mouth watering "insert thoughts here"...

Oh Yeeeesssss!....truly exquiste my Darling!....Although I must in all honesty admit........my "insert thoughts here".....where not exactely "white" unless you consider "white hot" to qualify?...

Your taste in perfume is truly flawless my Love. :-x :-x :-x

Ummm.....Sweetheart.....Ummm.......I thought you decided that you would do away with your Mastercard...?...

All my Love, :-X :-X :-X
Andrei

Quote:
OK. Fine. Sabotage my Digital Camera I'd think again if I were you!!! You WILL be bored!

Hey, remember when I went away a few weeks ago to work?

Remember when I came home?

Remember what I came home with and wore that night?

Remember that white 'insert thoughts here' $500

Remember the white 'insert littler thought'$125

Remember the white "insert smaller thoughts'$54.88

Remember the Channel perfume?$550

Mastercard
Old 10-06-04, 10:46 AM

Talking

Well, think about that sabotage of the digital camera again........ok????

Or I promise you I will go beserk on the Mastercard again

Ohhhhhh, by the way..............

it was........

..............................................Your Mastercard!!!
Old 10-06-04, 11:04 AM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
I have one thing to say to Ancient on this matter...[b]GET 'ER DONE!![/color][b]

[color=Blue] I have many quirks my husband will inform you. I refuse to get rid of the furniture that we bought the year before our son was born (11 years old) even though we just purchased a new couch, loveseat (recliner, rocker) and rocking chair w/ottoman, these are our first pieces of household goods bought and paid for together Hello, I believe Ancient is right...is [b]nothing sacred anymore.

I also have in my possession every movie stub I have ever went to see with my husband and family (although I did have to rescue them from the trash a few times and finally got around to putting them in our photo album), bills from the chidren's births, our first letter as a couple, I have saved everything and I mean everything my kids have ever brought home from school or church (although I now scan items and burn them to a cd with picture's of that year for each child), I carry a camera in my purse at all times (you just never know) and two of my children are named after their place of conception (Koda stands for
Dakota [b], Lexi stands for [b] A-lexus [b]. Call me what you will I just didn't grow up in the most stable enviroment and have no momentos of my childhood...it's important to me that my children have such items and let's not forget the table we almost had a knock down drag out fight over. Doug inherited his grandmother's table
his grandmother's table
well for our first anniversary he bought me a new table that is really very beautiful and extends to seat 16 but I refused to get rid of the other so we have carted that well boxed and protected table with us from home to home and it now holds a place of honor in my bedroom were I do my scrapbooking.

It's often a joke between us; but, Doug has asked what I'll do with him once he has passed on...well, have him stuffed of course [i]what a stupid question to ask.[i]

Hugs
Cherity
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 10-06-04, 11:04 AM
ADDvanced Member

Huh!!!.............My Mastercard??........((((((Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh))))))

You Whaaaaat......???...............

Oooooh now you really done it Wildcat!!!!!! You really are in beeeg trouble!

*channel = $500 + white $500 + littler white $125 + itty bitty white $54.88 ((((drool))))) =$1,179.88....On My MASTERCARD ((((gulp))))) *

*hehheehhe.....it was worth every cent *

Right Wildcat!......Family Conference!.....Now!!!....in our Bedroom!....

*Now you really are going to be spanked*

Many passionate kisses,

Andrei

Quote:
Well, think about that sabotage of the digital camera again........ok????

Or I promise you I will go beserk on the Mastercard again

Ohhhhhh, by the way..............

it was........

..............................................Your Mastercard!!!
Old 10-06-04, 11:09 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucking_Futs
I have one thing to say to Ancient on this matter...[b]GET 'ER DONE!![/color]

[b]
[color=Blue] I have many quirks my husband will inform you. I refuse to get rid of the furniture that we bought the year before our son was born (11 years old) even though we just purchased a new couch, loveseat (recliner, rocker) and rocking chair w/ottoman, these are our first pieces of household goods bought and paid for together Hello, I believe Ancient is right...is [b]nothing sacred anymore.

I also have in my possession every movie stub I have ever went to see with my husband and family (although I did have to rescue them from the trash a few times and finally got around to putting them in our photo album), bills from the chidren's births, our first letter as a couple, I have saved everything and I mean everything my kids have ever brought home from school or church (although I now scan items and burn them to a cd with picture's of that year for each child), I carry a camera in my purse at all times (you just never know) and two of my children are named after their place of conception (Koda stands for Dakota [b], Lexi stands for [b] A-lexus [b]. Call me what you will I just didn't grow up in the most stable enviroment and have no momentos of my childhood...it's important to me that my children have such items and let's not forget the table we almost had a knock down drag out fight over. Doug inherited his grandmother's table his grandmother's table
well for our first anniversary he bought me a new table that is really very beautiful and extends to seat 16 but I refused to get rid of the other so we have carted that well boxed and protected table with us from home to home and it now holds a place of honor in my bedroom were I do my scrapbooking.

It's often a joke between us; but, Doug has asked what I'll do with him once he has passed on...well, have him stuffed of course [i]what a stupid question to ask.[i]

Hugs
Cherity
LOL Futs, I think Ancient will relate to much of this I tell him that after he dies I will just put him in a garbage bag.....well most of him.....the rest will be stuffed