ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-04, 12:35 PM

One on One is on a distinguished road
Attention Deficit Disorder and What to do, what to do?? (when bored)

I was curious what everyone else does when they are bored. I have no job right now and I've developed this habit of driving around fairly randomly and going to bookstores, malls, coffee shops, etc. It's pretty weird, I think. I mean, I have been to about 20+ differents Starbucks and about 5 each of Borders and B&N....been to all the malls around here. I hate sitting at home. Usually, I end up having to decide whether to stay home and watch TV or drive around and I always choose the latter. It's funny, too, how it takes me like 30-45 minutes to make up my mind and I keep switching back and forth, but always end up going out. I'll have ADD when I'm driving around, too....I'll be driving somewhere and then I change my mind and make a U-turn and go somewhere else.

Can anyone relate to this? What do you do when bored?
Old 10-06-04, 01:51 PM
Forum ADDvocate

paulbf will become famous soon enough
I stay home & hyperfocus on a computer project and or research stuff on the internet. It's nice to get out like that but I just can't drrag my butt of the chair when there are so many interesting things to do on the computer. I guess I never really get bored, I always find something to distract me.

If you don't feel your habits are productive enough, try researching your next job by driving around visiting potential job locations. You could even play private detective and visit them secretly with a fake set of questions and made up circumstances or simply show up & ask outright for an 'informational interview' which could really be valuable. That'd be much more productive than researching on the internet or fretting over cover letters & resume details.
Old 10-06-04, 03:37 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
I don't have a lot of spare time between working full time, my husband, kids, etracurricular activities, church and charity's; but, when I do get spare time I piddle around in the forums or visit with friends, read, write poetry. Honestly, I've alway's had more then one project going at a time so I don't really ever remember being really and truly bored. But, I do think you lucked out with Paul's ideas. good luck.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-11, 03:26 AM
Banned

Thanked 2,722 Times in 1,614 Posts
tired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to beholdtired1823 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Attention Deficit Disorder and What to do, what to do?? (when bored)

nucking futs may not have been here since 09, but his avatar lives on.

anyway, I thought this post was going to have the answer of what to do...
Old 05-23-11, 02:38 PM

Thanked 8,490 Times in 2,827 Posts
RedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond reputeRedHairedWitch has a reputation beyond repute

Walk the dog. Watch documentaries. Write blog posts. Play my tambourine. Feud with the neighbours. Wade in the river. Hang out at the National Art Gallery.
The absurdity of working so hard to continue doing something you don't like can be overwhelming. And the longer it takes to feel different, the more it starts to seem like everything might actually be hopeless bull. ~ Hyperbole and a Half
Old 05-23-11, 03:05 PM

Thanked 5,039 Times in 3,008 Posts
metzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant future

Get lost in a world of pure imagination. I keep creating little worlds for people to live in and someday I'm going to start putting it all down on paper. Nobody else might want to read them but it would entertain me to no end.

Take pictures, listen to music, read, play on the Forums or look through pictures on DA.
I'm right below the horizon"

- Boss Of Me ~ TMBG
The Following User Says Thank You to metzfanaz For This Useful Post:
artsyT (05-23-11)
Old 05-23-11, 03:27 PM
ADDvanced Member

happierin09 has disabled reputation

Well, I don't usually find myself all that bored, as with 3 kids, husband, and all of their activities, but I will read most often, zone out with a movie, go for a walk, and on rare occasions if I'm feeling industrious, I'll grab some needlework, but that generally lands me into the crabby zone because I want it to be perfect and it never is, definitely time on forums, FB, or another of my favorite sites. I should be using that time for studying, but seem to find something better instead. Nap. A good nap is always a bonus.

Old 05-23-11, 04:20 PM

Thanked 2,398 Times in 1,330 Posts
TheChemicals has disabled reputation

i spam chess games and starcraft2 games to the point that i become undead.
Old 05-23-11, 04:30 PM

artsyT has a spectacular aura aboutartsyT has a spectacular aura about

Watch my favorite tv shows and movies, draw, or spend time in my dream world.